Justice League Unlimited

bluebeast said:
Has anyone bought the season 1 DVD yet?

I might wait and get it for a birthday or Christmas present.

Batman's all out now, and I got 'em because I love 'em so.

I'm still waiting for Superman vol 3 (which would be the last one) and it's annoying that they released season 1 of Justice League and Batman Beyond before Superman 3. I want the rest of that show, dagnabit!

Bass said:
Batman's all out now, and I got 'em because I love 'em so.

I'm still waiting for Superman vol 3 (which would be the last one) and it's annoying that they released season 1 of Justice League and Batman Beyond before Superman 3. I want the rest of that show, dagnabit!

I only have Superman one and two so far.

I. Have. Had. The. Best. Day.

First, I get Planetary, Punisher, and Jonah Hex, a new South Park episode, and finally, in a 5-episode binge, watch the end of the fourth season of Justice League Unlimited, and finally see the end to the Cadmus arc.

Man, oh man, oh man, oh man. What an amazing finale.

Below, thar be spoilers.

I am honestly amazed Brainaic's reveal wasn't stopped by censors. It's amazing what you can get away with if you don't show blood. I watched that with four friends, all mid-20s, and we all just went, "Aaa! Holy ****!" and other expletives. ****ing terrifying.

What's amazing though, is that "Divided We Fall" pays off SIX YEARS of stories, told over two tv shows.

First of all, the Cadmus project being built out of the Justice Lords episode and the Darkseid "taking over Superman" story from the Superman tv show was brilliant and something that finally came to an end here, as the continuous reusing of imagery from the Justice Lord world as a possible armageddon played off beautifully. The continous references to the President Luthor, the Lord Superman's actions, Flash's death, and so forth, kept building and building, along with the Question's fears of the future, building to a huge sense of MEANING behind this story - that this really, really mattered. This wasn't just "save the world", but save... well, everything. Save destiny, save the League, save the world, save the Flash, save Luthor - there was just a sense of enormity to it, that I'm still tingling hours later.

We had the payoff to the Ultimen and Galatea. We had the pay off to the Watchtower's gun, first used in "Dark Heart" and we have the pay off of the alien weapon seen in "Dark Heart". We see references to Darkseid's control of Superman, and his bargain with Brainiac that lead to Lexiac. We had the payoff to Amazo too. We pretty much had a payoff to everything.

It was a spectacular finale.

And the build-up episodes prior, had wonderful moments. Captain Atom versus Superman was really powerful. The Question as an incredible character who - I mean, what a great character. On the search for the link between Luthor and Cadmus, the Question discovers that in the alternate universe where the Justice League took over the world, Flash was executed by the US President, Lex Luthor, who in turn, was executed by Superman, who then took over the world. The Question then realises this isn't another world, but the future, and he sees that any conflict between the Justice League and the government would result in the destruction of the world. Desperate to stop this, he breaks into Lexcorp and very, very calmly explains to Lex Luthor he's going to strangle him with his tie, before Superman winds up killing him when he becomes President. What happened next, made me **** my pants. First, Luthor beats the piss out of the Question with super strength - and we have NO idea how the hell he got to be that strong. No armour, no pills, nothing. But Luthor is superhumanly strong, and then, picking up the Question with one hand says, "Do you realise how much power I'd have to give up to be President?" Scared the **** out of me. The assault by Galatea and the Ultimen on the Watchtower was brilliant too, unbelievably exciting.

The whole thing was just... wow.

And then, "Epilogue" was such a bittersweet episode, capping off Batman Beyond, and the original Batman animated series, with a sequence for the finale that is a mirror image of the opening sequence of the first Batman TAS episode "On Leather Wings", with Kevin Conroy, being the voice of Batman, having the last line in the last Batman episode "Epilogue", and having the first line in "On Leather Wings" - a great way to just say good-bye.

Top-notch stuff, I am so unbelievably impressed. Loved it.

What a great day.

What's great is there's still about a dozen episodes from the first four seasons of Justice League I've not seen, and I'm looking forward to leisurely enjoying them in the coming days and weeks.

Ah, thank you Ourchair, and thank you everyone else for recommending this thing to me and making me download these guys. What great fun they are.

****! Plus, Epilogue even had Phantasm in it. PHANTASM. PHAN-****ING-TASM.

I love this show.

Bass said:
I. Have. Had. The. Best. Day.

First, I get Planetary, Punisher, and Jonah Hex, a new South Park episode, and finally, in a 5-episode binge, watch the end of the fourth season of Justice League Unlimited, and finally see the end to the Cadmus arc.

Man, oh man, oh man, oh man. What an amazing finale.

Below, thar be spoilers.

I am honestly amazed Brainaic's reveal wasn't stopped by censors. It's amazing what you can get away with if you don't show blood. I watched that with four friends, all mid-20s, and we all just went, "Aaa! Holy ****!" and other expletives. ****ing terrifying.

What's amazing though, is that "Divided We Fall" pays off SIX YEARS of stories, told over two tv shows.

First of all, the Cadmus project being built out of the Justice Lords episode and the Darkseid "taking over Superman" story from the Superman tv show was brilliant and something that finally came to an end here, as the continuous reusing of imagery from the Justice Lord world as a possible armageddon played off beautifully. The continous references to the President Luthor, the Lord Superman's actions, Flash's death, and so forth, kept building and building, along with the Question's fears of the future, building to a huge sense of MEANING behind this story - that this really, really mattered. This wasn't just "save the world", but save... well, everything. Save destiny, save the League, save the world, save the Flash, save Luthor - there was just a sense of enormity to it, that I'm still tingling hours later.

We had the payoff to the Ultimen and Galatea. We had the pay off to the Watchtower's gun, first used in "Dark Heart" and we have the pay off of the alien weapon seen in "Dark Heart". We see references to Darkseid's control of Superman, and his bargain with Brainiac that lead to Lexiac. We had the payoff to Amazo too. We pretty much had a payoff to everything.

It was a spectacular finale.

And the build-up episodes prior, had wonderful moments. Captain Atom versus Superman was really powerful. The Question as an incredible character who - I mean, what a great character. On the search for the link between Luthor and Cadmus, the Question discovers that in the alternate universe where the Justice League took over the world, Flash was executed by the US President, Lex Luthor, who in turn, was executed by Superman, who then took over the world. The Question then realises this isn't another world, but the future, and he sees that any conflict between the Justice League and the government would result in the destruction of the world. Desperate to stop this, he breaks into Lexcorp and very, very calmly explains to Lex Luthor he's going to strangle him with his tie, before Superman winds up killing him when he becomes President. What happened next, made me **** my pants. First, Luthor beats the piss out of the Question with super strength - and we have NO idea how the hell he got to be that strong. No armour, no pills, nothing. But Luthor is superhumanly strong, and then, picking up the Question with one hand says, "Do you realise how much power I'd have to give up to be President?" Scared the **** out of me. The assault by Galatea and the Ultimen on the Watchtower was brilliant too, unbelievably exciting.

The whole thing was just... wow.

And then, "Epilogue" was such a bittersweet episode, capping off Batman Beyond, and the original Batman animated series, with a sequence for the finale that is a mirror image of the opening sequence of the first Batman TAS episode "On Leather Wings", with Kevin Conroy, being the voice of Batman, having the last line in the last Batman episode "Epilogue", and having the first line in "On Leather Wings" - a great way to just say good-bye.

Top-notch stuff, I am so unbelievably impressed. Loved it.

What a great day.

What's great is there's still about a dozen episodes from the first four seasons of Justice League I've not seen, and I'm looking forward to leisurely enjoying them in the coming days and weeks.

Ah, thank you Ourchair, and thank you everyone else for recommending this thing to me and making me download these guys. What great fun they are.
So, you're saying you hated it?

Exactly.

I loved every moment of it. The Batman Beyond was the best of them all. I love that Phantasm was it. I mean damn. This show is brillant on so many levels. I yelled holy **** at my tv a lot when Brainac appeared out of freaking nowhere.

I'm hope that they make The Question even half as cool in 52 that he is in here.

Brillant.

The Question kicks so much ***, it's unreal.

That Brainiac thing - sheesh. ****ing scary ****. I've watched the transformation sequence, like two dozen times today already. I've watched "Divided We Fall" about three times TODAY.

This is how much I loved this show.

I love you all.

Last edited:
I love you too Bass.

And agree 100%.

Bass said:

You're the worst investigative journalist ever, Mooney.
ACTION5NEWS.jpg

There was a new episode on tonight. It was okay, I thought Kara's reasons were just dumb and forced. But the last line had me on the floor.

Latest posts

Back