Kick-Ass series discussion (Millar/Romita Jr.) (spoilers)

Re: Happy Kick-*** Wednesday

I got this today because of all the good things I heard about it right here on the UC. Loved it.

KICK-***!! :rockon: :rockon:

My LCS neither had it or is getting it.

:(

But it's absense did prompt me to get the first Invincible trade, and I'll try and look for this at my not-so-LCS within a week or so.

I was supprised mine did. I think its because the owner recognized JRJRs name in its solicit. I know they wouldn't have had it if it was from a 3rd party publisher so go Icon!

So, I finally ventured out to the comic book store because I wanted to buy issue 1. But they only had the $12.99 variant cover issue, so I just decided to buy that anyway because I'd probably just get both the variant and the regular anyway if they had both of them. But since now I only have the variant cover issue, still wrapped in the packaging, should I open it or wait until I get the regularly priced normal cover issue?

EDIT: Well, I decided to open my variant anyway, even though it would probably be worth a lot of money if I hadn't. This is the greatest comic I've ever read.

Last edited:

I'm just glad, since you forked out $13, that you really liked it! :D

I really loved this... It's shaping up to be something brilliant, and I can't wait to see where it goes.

I also thought it was better than #1. I am looking forward to the superhero boom once his video hits youtube.

Last edited:

#2 was definitely better than #1.

To show the real consequences of his actions and inexperience, and then, true to teenager fashion---he goes back out and does it again!

Only this time he actually does some good. I wonder how this is gonna backfire on him? Perhaps he just saved a drug dealer or rapist or something?

I'm surprised that the consensus is #2 was better than #1.

I thought #2 was so stupidly contrived and forced - there's nothing there. The characters and events do whatever Millar wants them to do. He wants him to lose - he loses. Wants him to win - he wins.

I thought it was bobbins. Part of me wonders if this series will wimp out and go straight from "origin" to "new world" and end with future Kick-*** being rescued by a bunch of superheroes he's 'inspired', and skip over how the world came out and the process. I dunno - I can see what's trying to be done here, but I think it's just too shallow. :?

But if people like it - I suppose that's what matters. :)

The characters and events do whatever Millar wants them to do. He wants him to lose - he loses. Wants him to win - he wins.
Really? Wow. I guess that's what happens when a writer writes... :wink:

Something Millar posted on his website:

kickassbanner.jpg

Something Millar posted on his website:

kickassbanner.jpg

The Kick-*** dude is punching Rob Liefeld?

I wonder what the limit is on the number of copies I can buy from my LCS...

The Kick-*** dude is punching Rob Liefeld?

I wonder what the limit is on the number of copies I can buy from my LCS...

And I was wondering if he can show me that move so I can use it on him when I see him?

Latest posts

Back