Kick-Ass series discussion (Millar/Romita Jr.) (spoilers)

Re: Happy Kick-*** Wednesday

Something Millar posted on his website:

kickassbanner.jpg

Awesome!

:lol:

Liefeld is getting pwned!

#3 is out this week, right?

Hey! Anyone read #3?

I think I'll let Proj post the scan.

Hey! Anyone read #3?

I think I'll let Proj post the scan.

I got it. Much like the first two issues, Kick-*** gets his *** kicked. But some little girl with a samurai sword shows up, saves his *** from getting kicked, and cuts some thugs up like pepperoni. A couple of funny moments early on. I liked it better than last issue, but this series is definitly over rated so far.

I agree that it's overrated. It's not bad, but it thinks it's far more intelligent and original and 'honest' than it actually is.

The 9 year old girl with the sword at the end is called Hit-Girl.

I wonder who they'll cast as Kick-*** and Hit-Girl.

The 9 year old girl with the sword at the end is called Hit-Girl.

I wonder who they'll cast as Kick-*** and Hit-Girl.

Can they even call the movie kick-ass?

Kick-A$$

In a way an Ultimate-ization of superheroes (a realistic vision of what that would be in our world, and who it would be)I am really enjoying Millar and Romita JRs Kick-A$$! it is a really Kick-A$$ mini-series! The dialogue is sharp and witty, you know what's coming but at the same time you are on the edge of your seat, guessing, praying, hoping it won't. And of course, the art is in-your-face fantastic, dynamic, raw and edgy, this is a really cool look at real world super-heroes. Anyone else reading? For those who aren't reading ch-ch-check it out, you won't be sorry. Issues 1-3 are available, pick 'em up Wednesday when new comics come out!
KICKASS_BANNER2.jpg

Re: Kick-A$$

In a way an Ultimate-ization of superheroes (a realistic vision of what that would be in our world, and who it would be)I am really enjoying Millar and Romita JRs Kick-A$$! it is a really Kick-A$$ mini-series! The dialogue is sharp and witty, you know what's coming but at the same time you are on the edge of your seat, guessing, praying, hoping it won't. And of course, the art is in-your-face fantastic, dynamic, raw and edgy, this is a really cool look at real world super-heroes. Anyone else reading? For those who aren't reading ch-ch-check it out, you won't be sorry. Issues 1-3 are available, pick 'em up Wednesday when new comics come out!
KICKASS_BANNER2.jpg

Welcome. :D

Hi there! Thanks! I used to post here, albeit infrequently, and just recently stumbled back into the Ultimate Universe, be that Marvel, or any comic book with a more real-world slant.

Lying in the Gutters:

This is a panel from Mark Millar and John Romita Jr's "Kick ***" #4. It's quite clearly a reference to his other Marvel series "1985". Along with "Wolverine" and "Fantastic Four" there will be considerable crossovers between the series - much more than this panel indicates, all dovetailing into each other.

When Mark's wife saw this panel, however, she told Mark it was shameless...

*Click for larger view​

Last edited:

Kick-*** movie news, including two members of the cast.

Should be interesting. I like that Vaughn got the money himself.

We currently know nothing about Red Mist from the comic do we? We have no idea what McLovin's character is going to be like.

Latest posts

Back