Kick-Ass series discussion (Millar/Romita Jr.) (spoilers)

Re: Happy Kick-*** Wednesday

The idea of that little girl chopping off a criminials hands or head with that ninja sword is friggin' awesome. I love how he refused to back down to the studios demands and just decided to raise money or finance it himself. Thats great!

Re: Kick-*** series discussion (Millar/Romita Jr.) (spoilers)

Issue 4 rocked, as expected. With both Millar and Romita in high demand these days, I don't even mind the lateness, as long as each issue is a winner.

Plus, I bet the movie will be finished before the fist arc wraps up. :)

Re: Happy Kick-*** Wednesday

The idea of that little girl chopping off a criminials hands or head with that ninja sword is friggin' awesome.

It really was. Very well done.

The internal monologue of Dave's is also great. Millar really captures the panic and confusion well.

The guy who made the Kick-*** sculpture before is back with Hit-Girl now.

Hit_Girl__First_Look_01_by_Texonian.jpg

Hit_Girl__First_Look_02_by_Texonian.jpg

Hit_Girl__First_Look_03_by_Texonian.jpg

hit_Girl__First_Look_04_by_Texonian.jpg

Hit_Girl__First_Look_05_by_Texonian.jpg

Did he paint the first one?

Not yet, I believe.

That's a shame... his sculpts are ****ing gorgeous I would love to see one painted.

Got #5.

The Red Mist is pretty awesome. I hope McLovin can pull him off in the movie. This was probably my favorite issue so far.

Got #5.

The Red Mist is pretty awesome. I hope McLovin can pull him off in the movie. This was probably my favorite issue so far.

Definitely. As in most of Millar's works, I love the little things he puts in more than the overall story. Hints like Myspace being the 21st century Batsignal, listening to Danny Elfman on the CD player and stuff like that. It's just neat.

I still can't imagine the movie though. I feel like it's going to look completely ridiculous.

Definitely. As in most of Millar's works, I love the little things he puts in more than the overall story. Hints like Myspace being the 21st century Batsignal, listening to Danny Elfman on the CD player and stuff like that. It's just neat.

I still can't imagine the movie though. I feel like it's going to look completely ridiculous.

That might work for it, though, given the tone and nature of the story itself. I'd almost hope its ridiculous in almost every respect, just to prevent it from taking itself too serious on any level.

Can someone tell me (if anyone even knows) what is going on with the first TPB/PHC for this series? I got a message from Amazon a few days ago saying it was delayed to December 09. That can't be right.

Can someone tell me (if anyone even knows) what is going on with the first TPB/PHC for this series? I got a message from Amazon a few days ago saying it was delayed to December 09. That can't be right.

I'm pretty sure they wanted to release it to coincide with the film. So either the film has been delayed until then or they realised it's going to be almost impossible to publish 3 more issues before then.

I'm pretty sure they wanted to release it to coincide with the film. So either the film has been delayed until then or they realised it's going to be almost impossible to publish 3 more issues before then.

I dunno...I get the impression that Dec. 09 is more of a temporary date that might get changed when they have a better idea when it will be ready.

I'm confused about this book. Someone said it was a 5-issue mini, but aren't there more than 5 issues out now?

I'm confused about this book. Someone said it was a 5-issue mini, but aren't there more than 5 issues out now?

No, it was originally an 8-issue mini that is now an ongoing. The first arc (volume 1?) is 8 issues and then after the movie comes out the next arc begins.

No, it was originally an 8-issue mini that is now an ongoing. The first arc (volume 1?) is 8 issues and then after the movie comes out the next arc begins.

Cool - thanks. How many issues are out now?

Latest posts

Back