Kingdom Come (Spoilers)

Just read it all. going to start on "the kingdom" soon. Holy crap this was well done. I think my 2 favourite scenes were superman disappearing on batman and bat saying "That's what that feels like" :lol: and in the restaurant with the waitress dressed as robin "I'm robin" batman "of course you are." :lol:

That said holy **** the art was fantastic as is all of Alex Ross's work. I admit I went in to this expecting something different I expected more like an Ultimate remake but instead it was like civil war but good (yes this was first but i just read it)

The part where Wonder woman gives Superman his glases and he puts them in front of all those graves was fantastic

This is the best comic I've read this year easily.

I give the whole thing a 5 out of 5 it was perfect.

You don't even need to bother reading The Kingdom.

Just read it all. going to start on "the kingdom" soon. Holy crap this was well done. I think my 2 favourite scenes were superman disappearing on batman and bat saying "That's what that feels like" :lol: and in the restaurant with the waitress dressed as robin "I'm robin" batman "of course you are." :lol:

That said holy **** the art was fantastic as is all of Alex Ross's work. I admit I went in to this expecting something different I expected more like an Ultimate remake but instead it was like civil war but good (yes this was first but i just read it)

The part where Wonder woman gives Superman his glases and he puts them in front of all those graves was fantastic

This is the best comic I've read this year easily.

I give the whole thing a 5 out of 5 it was perfect.

Glad to see you've put something good into yor brain. Now we just gotta work on another great story.

Glad to see you've put something good into yor brain. Now we just gotta work on another great story.

Next non-regular (by that i mean that which i normally get) I think will be the earth X trilogy

It's a truly awesome book but I want it to stay out of continuity, because:

a) Superman shouldn't be with Wondie and Lois shouldn't die.

and

b) I like the idea of Batman saving Gotham and that's not what happens here at all.

But that aside, this is truly a brilliant, brillaitn story that works in its medium more than it would in any other and teaches many important lessons on the balance of power and how we should lead others. Great stuff. A-

Last edited:
I love reading through the DC comics now and finding the hints leading towards Kindom Come. JSA's just full of 'em.

So two days I bought this and yesterday due to lack of explosions I read it. Really awesome I liked it. Though personally I like Earth X more, probably because they had plenty of details and had a mind blowing revelation. I just really wished it was a little bit longer so they could explained more on how the heroes got to this point. I felt like I missed something, how did Lois die? Why was Batman in a body brace? etc. Still they had the characters down perfect and the story really was great.

Now we need a full length animated movie for this, with Timmsverse voice cast. The entire time Batman's voice was Kevin Conroy, I could shake it if I tried.

I felt like I missed something, how did Lois die? Why was Batman in a body brace? etc.

I think she was killed by the Joker when he attacked The Daily Planet. And Batman is in the brace because presumably Bane and Two-Face beat the **** out of him when they found his cave.

I think she was killed by the Joker when he attacked The Daily Planet. And Batman is in the brace because presumably Bane and Two-Face beat the **** out of him when they found his cave.

Yeah that's right about the Joker, but I don't recall any alluding to Batman being beaten, I thought he just said Bane and Two-face destroyed Wayne Manor.

Yeah that's right about the Joker, but I don't recall any alluding to Batman being beaten, I thought he just said Bane and Two-face destroyed Wayne Manor.

Well, I'm sure all those years fighting crime left his body a bit sore.

Justice was better.

The novelization/best book I've ever read/life-changing relgious experience elaborates on how the Joker killed Lois during the attack on the Daily Planet, but they make it pretty clear that that was at least somehow the cause of her death in the GN.

It also talks about how Batman basically continued to work out and stay as fit as can be years after his body was already deteriorating due to just basic ageing and eventually slipped a disc(or four, if I'm remembering this correctly) in his back and it was either the brace or paralysis. The brace also supports so much of his weight that his body isn't in danger of being damaged by its own muscle strain anymore.

Justice was better.

I laugh at the notion. Ha.

Latest posts

Back