Kingdom Come (Spoilers)

Justice was better.

Justice would've been close except the climatic fight sequence involved the heroes dressing up as Gundams. That is lame.

Maybe you read the Canadian version, which probably wasn't as good.

Yeah. Where they're all wearing coon skin caps and the Justice League settles their differences with the bad guys through passive and even-voiced discussion.

It is well good, I think I prefer it to DKR but it came afterwards. I also like that it's main showdown is between Shazam and Superman, but that's more of a misundstanding. There's really good conflict of principles characterised between batman and wonder woman. IT's also got a lot of great imagery not just in the pictures but in the text too all that revalations stuff.

I like how I just read a good story later than everyone else and post my thoughts and everyone immediately goes to "This one was better" "No, that one" "No this one"

*Hopes to God people realise how sarcastic he[Gothamite]'s been for his last couple of posts*

I hope people realize how hilarious your last couple of posts were.

it looked pretty though. ;)

That it did.

My only criticism in terms of the art is that sometimes it was difficult to tell what was happening in the panel. And the art didn't always do a good job of telling the story. I think Justice was more of an excuse for Alex Ross to paint the Legion of Doom and the current DC heroes cuz the story itself was pretty lame.

That it did.

My only criticism in terms of the art is that sometimes it was difficult to tell what was happening in the panel. And the art didn't always do a good job of telling the story. I think Justice was more of an excuse for Alex Ross to paint the Legion of Doom and the current DC heroes cuz the story itself was pretty lame.

I thought Justice was really good, just because it was just another JLA story. It didn't have any pretense about being the most epic clash of titans and crossovers that will change everything forever. It's just the JLA doing what they do, and Alex Ross and the writer guy doing what they love, having a lot of fun. While the story wasn't too hard to follow there's a lot of great character moments that really make it. Like the whole 'i love you' thing with Green arrow, and then the clever little decoy things in that scene. Hell even the plastic man / elongated man arguement was good. I think Justice was in someways better although it wasn't saying anything new...just emphasising how good the JLA is as a concept it's worth twice as much art as Kingdom Come on it's own.

I thought Justice was really good, just because it was just another JLA story. It didn't have any pretense about being the most epic clash of titans and crossovers that will change everything forever. It's just the JLA doing what they do, and Alex Ross and the writer guy doing what they love, having a lot of fun. While the story wasn't too hard to follow there's a lot of great character moments that really make it.

I disagree with every single thing you've said here. Every single issue and the majority of pages had a quote from a hero that was something along the lines of "This is what it means to be a hero," or "This is what we do...we fight!" or something similarly epic and cheesy. It honestly felt like they were trying to do the most epic clash ever and it didn't work. There was too much going on at one time and it just didn't feel like reality. It felt like one of those chaotic, space-operatic 90's X-Men comics.

Hell even the plastic man / elongated man arguement was good.

This irritated me, as well. It was almost as though they were trying to say "It's a classic story! We promise! Look, we even have classic arguments thrown in!"

it's worth twice as much art as Kingdom Come on it's own.

Not 100% on what you're trying to say here. Are you saying that the JLA deserve a lot of art, or are you saying that the art in Justice is better than the art in Kingdom Come. If the former, fair point. If the latter, I shall strike you where you stand.

Latest posts

Back