Kingdom Hearts Series (Discussion/Spoilers).

Re: Kingdom Hearts II (Discussion/Spoilers).

So, apparently RE: Chain of Memories, a remake for the game boy game, was released in America today on the PS2.

So, apparently RE: Chain of Memories, a remake for the game boy game, was released in America today on the PS2.

Yeah. I want to pick it up, but CoM was so. . .blah. It wasn't bad, I just don't know if I want to play it again.

In other news, 358/2 Days for the DS was officially announced for America. I don't know why they didn't announce Birth by Sleep with it, but I'm sure it'll be coming out anyways.

Yeah. I want to pick it up, but CoM was so. . .blah. It wasn't bad, I just don't know if I want to play it again.

In other news, 358/2 Days for the DS was officially announced for America. I don't know why they didn't announce Birth by Sleep with it, but I'm sure it'll be coming out anyways.

The best thing about CoM was Axel.

"The stage is ready and the players are set! Now give me one hell of a show!"

I think Kingdom Hearts was one of the best games ever made. The basic idea of combining Disney characters with Final Fantasy gameplay is brilliant. However, I thought Kingdom Hearts II was rather weak, and the story was quite convulted. I'm afraid I don't really care for any of these spin-offs.

Good God, how can anyone be so wrong?

Frustrating camera? Boring combat that seems ripped out of Zelda? Dumb *** characters? A retarded storyline? Disney characters meet Final Fantasy? Final Fantasy? DISNEY? Emo Rikku? RIKKU? And, oh Lord, "I will not let you take Kairi's heart!" is one of the most off the wall retarded lines ever. I laughed at how miserable the story line had gone.

This is a recipe for disaster. This is NOT one of the best games ever made. It is completely, totally, wholly, AVERAGE. At best.

Well, at least you didn't say Oblivion was a high quality game. I can forgive you.

Now go play Planescape: Torment or The Witcher to cleanse yourself.

Frustrating camera? Boring combat that seems ripped out of Zelda? Dumb *** characters? A retarded storyline? Disney characters meet Final Fantasy? Final Fantasy? DISNEY? Emo Rikku? RIKKU? And, oh Lord, "I will not let you take Kairi's heart!" is one of the most off the wall retarded lines ever. I laughed at how miserable the story line had gone.

This is a recipe for disaster. This is NOT one of the best games ever made. It is completely, totally, wholly, AVERAGE. At best.

Well, at least you didn't say Oblivion was a high quality game. I can forgive you.

Actually, I enjoyed the KH series greatly, but there's this nifty thing called personal opinion.

My best in that sentence actually means favourite. Because as everyone knows, it is almost impossible to compare one thing to another and say which is actually better (in general terms) and one would actually have to have played every game ever made (I haven't).

But you know what? I like Kingdom Hearts. It was fun. And I play games that I find fun. That is why my favourite games of all time are Pokemon Gold, Age of Empires II, Star Wars: Battlefront and Crash Team Racing. They would not be considered the best games of all time. But so? I like them and that's all that matters.

I'm sorry my enjoyment of Kingdom Hearts seems to offend you so much and I'm sorry my lack of games which you consider to the best is less than substantial.

My best in that sentence actually means favourite. Because as everyone knows, it is almost impossible to compare one thing to another and say which is actually better (in general terms) and one would actually have to have played every game ever made (I haven't).

But you know what? I like Kingdom Hearts. It was fun. And I play games that I find fun. That is why my favourite games of all time are Pokemon Gold, Age of Empires II, Star Wars: Battlefront and Crash Team Racing. They would not be considered the best games of all time. But so? I like them and that's all that matters.

I'm sorry my enjoyment of Kingdom Hearts seems to offend you so much and I'm sorry my lack of games which you consider to the best is less than substantial.

What he said.

Actually, I enjoyed the KH series greatly, but there's this nifty thing called personal opinion.

While I agree in the power of opinion... sometimes, opinion just doesn't cut it. Point in take, if I was to say that Michael Bay was a much better director than Steven Spielberg, I would be laughed out of the room/internet.

Just because a person has an opinion doesn't mean he is right.

Now, THAT is a very different meaning. If you enjoy Kingdom Hearts, although I grieve for you, then good for you. Of course, as you can surmise, I disagree with you a great deal, but hey. We can enjoy mediocrity, I suppose.

Now, I wasn't offended. More like...well, stunned. Yes, I was stunned that you enjoyed Kingdom Hearts.

Now, if you said you enjoyed Oblivion or Fallout 3, well, you'd best prepare for war then. :D

That's because an opinion is neither right nor wrong. It's just a person's preference.

Of course, that doesn't mean just because someone doesn't share your opinion means they are incorrect.

Of course, that doesn't mean just because someone doesn't share your opinion means they are incorrect.

It doesn't mean he is correct either. :D

Kingdom Hearts is a very enjoyable game.

I can see the camera frustration, but that wasn't present in the second one.

One more trailer, subtitled:

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/khDMhIohTD4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/khDMhIohTD4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I get the feeling Xion is what causes the big falling out between Roxas and Axel.

Last edited:

While I agree in the power of opinion... sometimes, opinion just doesn't cut it. Point in take, if I was to say that Michael Bay was a much better director than Steven Spielberg, I would be laughed out of the room/internet.

Now, THAT is a very different meaning. If you enjoy Kingdom Hearts, although I grieve for you, then good for you. Of course, as you can surmise, I disagree with you a great deal, but hey. We can enjoy mediocrity, I suppose.

Now, I wasn't offended. More like...well, stunned. Yes, I was stunned that you enjoyed Kingdom Hearts.

Now, if you said you enjoyed Oblivion or Fallout 3, well, you'd best prepare for war then. :D
See, now you're just trying to have the best of both worlds here.

You're trying to say you're fair and objective enough to concede that yes, there is no disputing matters of personal taste, but at the same time, covertly implying that matters of taste can still be wrong when given particular examples --- Fallout 3, Oblivion, et al.

But the thing is, by drawing in both principles into evaluating games, you're basically saying that 'everything's subjective, except in certain cases' and who decides what is not subjective will BE subjective, and in your case that means that 'everything's subjective' ends at the door of Fallout 3 & Oblivion, and later Kingdom Hearts.

So, 358/2 Days has been released in Japan, with a stateside and Canadian release in late August.

A part of me wishes that the game would make it clear that, sympathetic motives asides, the Organization are still villains. (Just because I really dislike that part of the fandom.) That seems a bit unlikely, though.

And thanks to the magic of spoilers, Xion now reminds me of a demented cross between
Majora's Mask and Ultimate Spider-Woman.

See, now you're just trying to have the best of both worlds here.

You're trying to say you're fair and objective enough to concede that yes, there is no disputing matters of personal taste, but at the same time, covertly implying that matters of taste can still be wrong when given particular examples --- Fallout 3, Oblivion, et al.

But the thing is, by drawing in both principles into evaluating games, you're basically saying that 'everything's subjective, except in certain cases' and who decides what is not subjective will BE subjective, and in your case that means that 'everything's subjective' ends at the door of Fallout 3 & Oblivion, and later Kingdom Hearts.

Agreed.

[youtube]LfQd2VPYJ4U[/youtube]

Zexion is such an ***.

That trailer showed me nothing.

Seriously, it was all clips of people I don't know, and I love these games.
Then it goes all wacky, which I presume is a multiplayer feature, which I don't see how it can help the franchise.

Latest posts

Back