Law & Order: UC The Holiday Special

SWEEEEEEET. But they shall pay for breaking the keyboard. THEY. SHALL. PAY.

(I read this in the morning. Forgot to post)

Thanks guys

And Doc, you are insane

And no worries Quick, next episode I plan to have you show up, along with Baxter

Anyways

Tomorrow on Law & Order: UC Holiday Special

Bass enters Houde's chili dog shack, and finds a very different Houde from the one he knew in the old reality. Learn where Houde and Bass meet, how they got in crime fighting, and what the future holds for Bass now that he is trapped in this alternate reality.

Why is that in every fanfic, I have to be the insane guy?

No, not now, Fluffy. No gumbo sandwich. Go back and play hopskotch with Pinky the Elephant.

...what?

Ultimate Houde said:
Tomorrow on Law & Order: UC Holiday Special

Bass enters Houde's chili dog shack, and finds a very different Houde from the one he knew in the old reality. Learn where Houde and Bass meet, how they got in crime fighting, and what the future holds for Bass now that he is trapped in this alternate reality.

:lol: :lol:

Doc Comic said:
Why is that in every fanfic, I have to be the insane guy?

8)

Bass looked up at the sign, and laughed to himself, Houde always talked about opening up a Chili Dog Shack in college. In fact, it was one of the things he first talked about when they were roommates together at Empire State University.

~~~
Flashback

Houde walked into the dorm room, holding a case of snapple, a bag of clothes and a head full of dreams. He was coming off of puberty, squeaky voice, pimply face, and gangly looking. His thick glasses hung from his face, way too big for it. He entered the room and completely ignored the other occupant, as he threw his stuff on his bed.

The other occupant was Bass, and he was the definition of coolness. Hair in dreads, a permament half cocked smile, a pair of sunglasses tilted ever so slightly, and a voice that made females melt.

And he decided he was going to get a new roommate.

Houde: Hiyah!

Bass looked at him uninterestedly.

Bass: What's up?
Houde: I love that commercial too, WHASSSUUUPPPP!!!

Bass shook his head.

Bass: Ha, anyways, I'm going out tonight to a party.
Houde: Cool! I'm going to stay in the room and get settled.

Bass looks at the case of snapple and the one bag of clothes.

Bass: Settled?
Houde: Yeah! I'm going into buisness
Bass: Really? Doing what I may ask?
Houde: Opening a Chili Dog Shack?
Bass: Really?
Houde: Yes

Bass, needless to say, was semi-intrigued.

Bass: Okay, what's the deal with the shack?
Houde: The angle man, would be the donut ship part of it.
Bass: What? I thought this is a Chili Dog Shack?
Houde: Oh yes, but it also has a donut shop.
Bass: Why?
Houde: To distract the police man. From the other 'operations'.
Bass: And those would be?
Houde: The whorehouse, and the coke lab in the basement. COme on now, would anyone make money off a chili dog shack?
Bass: And just how would the donut shop stop the cops from finding out?
Houde: Dude, have you ever seen a cop walk past a donut and not stop?

Bass laughed and it was that moment he decided to give this Houde a chance, even if he does look dorky.
~~~
Present

Bass chuckled, and entered the bar.

It was a small place, but well clean and lit. Of Curly there was no sign of, but Bass kinda suspected that as well. He heard a noise in the background, followed by a muffled yelp.

Bass: You okay?

The voice responded with a high pitched yes before it limped into the room. Even though Houde looked like a dork when he first entered college, his body did catch up to him, and his looks were better. At least in this reality, he looked the same.

Houde: Yea, I'm fine, just stubbed my toe, on the door.

Bass laughed again, Houde was a klutz. Bass walked over to the bar.

Bass: Can I get a Sprite?
Houde: Heavy drinker you are huh?
Bass: Don't drink at all, I came here from the advice of a friend.

Houde poured the sprite and handed it to Bass.

Houde: You seem to have something on your mind, what's up?
Bass: Well, I was apolice officer this morning, and now, I'm nobody.
Houde: Got fired huh? I had aspirations of becoming a police officer once.
Bass: I remember.
Houde: What?
Bass: Nothing.
Houde: It was back in college.

~~~
Flashback

Houde, this year a junior, looked over at Bass.

Houde: Dude, buisness sucks ***.
Bass: I hear ya
Houde: You wanna become cops instead. Maybe we could be gritty dectectives.
Bass: Sounds like a plan.
Houde: Cool
Bass: I so want a chief who yells at us, it be awesome!
Houde: Oh hell ya.
Bass: I hope he has a sexy secretary
Houde: Like Skotti, she be awesome.
~~~

Bass: What happened?
Houde: My roommate was against it, so I didn't bother.
Bass: Who was your roommate?
Houde: The mayor, Moonmaster
Bass: I thought his name was Mooney?
Houde: You must have knew him during college. Once he became the crime boss, he changed his name, to Moonmaster.

Houde gives Bass a critical look.

Houde: You do look like him
Bass: We're half brothers.
Houde: Oh

Houde wiped a glass for a minute.

Houde: You know something there stranger.
Bass: What?
Houde: Your wanted by Mooney, and his men. Hell, he put a mark on you. In fact, I already called them when you were outside on the curb.
Houde: Wish I didn't, you seem like a nice guy and all. They'll hurt you, and make you wish you were dead before killing you. I really shouldn't be doing this, but it is Christmas time, and once, I use to love the holidays. Go out the back, and run.
Bass: What will they do to you?
Houde: They same they would have done to you.

A car pulls up to the bar.

Houde: The back, GO!
Bass: Okay.

Bass made a run for it, and when he got out back, he heard a gun shot.

Bass: Damn it!

He ran.
~~~

Eventually his running found him on the bridge once more, were it all started. He looked down at the frigid waters.

Bass: I don't belong here.

He stood up on the railing.

Bass: I really don't.

He put his arms out straight.

Lady: DON'T JUMP!
Bass: Why not? I don't belong here anymore.
Lady: Because, Curly came and got me to help.

Bass opened his eyes to see a woman wearing a fleece coat, and holding a backpack, standing there with a smile on her face.

Bass: Who are you?
Lady: My name is Seldes, and let's say, I'm Curly's boss. Here, let me help you down, we need to go one more place. Then you can make your decision.

Last edited:
I thought it was damn funny.

Especially my 'coolness' in college. How unbelievably accurate my portrayal was, 'twas as if you were truly my roommate back in my old days of being a bmoc.

I also loved the deep decision we took to become cops - "sounds like a plan". :lol:

And poor Houde, dead, sacrificing himself for me. :cry:

This is so cool. Perhaps, just perhaps, I'll find the meaning of Christmas yet. :D

I also loved the deep decision we took to become cops - "sounds like a plan".

Yeah, I had this other huge scene typed up and went, wait a sec, this is ALOT funnier.

So it went in.

Come on, its something we would do.

Last edited:
slimjim said:
I like Seldes intro :)
Agreed, the "seriousness" of this one was okay and a strange break from the norm, I presume the funny will return soon? However, this part of the episode did have some laughs while maintaining the seriousness, it was good.

Pandrio said:
Agreed, the "seriousness" of this one was okay and a strange break from the norm, I presume the funny will return soon? However, this part of the episode did have some laughs while maintaining the seriousness, it was good.

Completely agree (this is getting wierd Pandrio), and loved the flashback scenes. Also loved Seldes popping in and taking over the "Clarence" role propagated by Curly last chapter. She seems much better suited for the role.

Tomorrow on the final installment of Law & Order: UC Holiday Special

Bass visits one last spot before he sees the light. Bass finally has some Christmas spirit, but will it be enough to get him back home, or is he stuck in this alternate reality forever.

Tune in tomorrow for the episode labeled THE RETURN OF THE FUNNY!

This throroughly excellnt, and accurate story has inspired me to do just a leeetle something in Paint....I'll post when I'm done. Houe man, that was a thing of beauty

Ultimate Houde said:
Tomorrow on the final installment of Law & Order: UC Holiday Special

Bass visits one last spot before he sees the light. Bass finally has some Christmas spirit, but will it be enough to get him back home, or is he stuck in this alternate reality forever.

Tune in tomorrow for the episode labeled THE RETURN OF THE FUNNY!

:lol:

Latest posts

Back