Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Superman II

• The Shadow

• Mystery Men

• Total voters
I would have voted for V for Vendetta or Sin City. So I voted other.

The best on the list is probably Unbreakable.

E said:
I would have voted for V for Vendetta or Sin City. So I voted other.

The best on the list is probably Unbreakable.

We're 2 for 2 today. I thought the same thing but the title's about "superheroes" not just comic adaptions. If it were, Road to Perdition should be up there and winning.

And yo, what's with SM2 winnin'? Personally I thought Spider-man 2 was just as good as Spider-Man 1. I thought they both complimented each other pretty well. That being said X1 and X2 cleaned the floor with Spider-Man.

I voted Unbreakable because, to me, it was a wonderful piece of cinema that realistically described what the world of an actual "superperson" would be like if it were reality. Unlike most of the movies on the list that admittedly everyone's favorites and tons more fun but over dramatized to make it that way. Batman Begins would win that category.

Sin City was the **** though.

Last edited:
Planet-man said:
I watched Unbreakable last night (only the second time I've seen it, the first was when it was new). I'd really forgotted how great it was. It works on an astonishing number of levels, and as always Bruce Willis is the man.
Oh, is Unbreakable a good movie. By far, the best of M. Night Shyamalan. I love his style and Unbreakable is one of the best examples of that. It's just incredibly shot. And Bruce Willis is awesome. And the score just works perfectly. It's as subdued and unnoticable as possible until the moments when we finally see David using his powers, where it flares up and becomes the ultimate heroic theme. And the twist was satisfying in a very comic book-ey sort of way. What a great movie.

I have to watch that again.
Ice said:
I've never actually seen the movie, but I've seen like a 2 second "clip" that was shown somewhere on TV...

Probably somewhere that was talking about movies and that came up. Can't remember. Long time ago, this was.
I'd bet a million dollars it was "I Love the 80s".

Planet-man said:
It would be if people realized that SUPERHERO movie does not equal COMIC BOOK movie. Sheesh.:roll:
In a poll basically dominated by their opinions and by comic book movies, I wonder why they don't 'realize' it....

Last edited:
moonmaster said:
Oh, is Unbreakable a good movie. By far, the best of M. Night Shyamalan. I love his style and Unbreakable is one of the best examples of that. It's just incredibly shot.

In that vein, if you have the DVD did you notice in the deleted scene where Audrey phones David in their house she says her last name is "Inverso"?

Not only a cool super-hero/villain name, but also a nod to all the upside-down/opposite symbolism in the film.

And Bruce Willis is awesome. And the score just works perfectly. It's as subdued and unnoticable as possible until the moments when we finally see David using his powers, where it flares up and becomes the ultimate heroic theme. And the twist was satisfying in a very comic book-ey sort of way. What a great movie.

:rockon:

In my opinion, SamueL's absolute best performance.

And it moves me almost to tears when
Orange Man is repeatedly slamming David into the wall and leaving human-shaped dents in it.

Ice said:
In a poll basically dominated by their opinions and by comic book movies, I wonder why they don't 'realize' it....

Name of the poll = "Best Superhero Movie Ever".

Is Road to Perdition a Superhero movie? Is Sin City a Superhero movie?

Last edited by a moderator:
Planet-man said:
Name of the poll = "Best Superhero Movie Ever".

Is Road to Perdition a Superhero movie? Is Sin City a Superhero movie?
Again, when you have comic book dominating the poll...

And when people think of superheros, do you actually think that Road to Perdition or Sin City will be the first thing that will pop in their heads? Hells no! Any comic-related character will because that's what is the most thing referred to. When people think "Superhero", they're going to think 9 times out of 10 a comic book character. Superman. Batman. Spider-Man. Wolverine. Fantastic Four.

So don't go rolling your eyes because the way things are going and them not being what you thought should've gone.

Ice said:
Again, when you have comic book dominating the poll...

And when people think of superheros, do you actually think that Road to Perdition or Sin City will be the first thing that will pop in their heads? Hells no! Any comic-related character will because that's what is the most thing referred to. When people think "Superhero", they're going to think 9 times out of 10 a comic book character. Superman. Batman. Spider-Man. Wolverine. Fantastic Four.

So don't go rolling your eyes because the way things are going and them not being what you thought should've gone.

:sure:

So... You're agreeing with him but.... this post makes no sense to me.

TheManWithoutFear said:

I agree. Who cares. Just vote for what's there.

TheManWithoutFear said:

It's ok. It wasn't meant for you anyways. :wink:

And the point of it wasn't about whether or not I agreed with him, either.

Last edited:
Planet-man said:
Me neither.:?

But at least he proved my point for me.
I never said you were wrong.

What I was explaining is that you said Superhero movies doesnt mean comic book movies. That is true. But then you rolled your eyes when people didn't "realize" that. They won't realize it because not everyone thinks the same as you.

Last edited:
Ice said:
I never said you were wrong.

What I was explaining is that you said Superhero movies doesnt mean comic book movies. That is true. But then you rolled your eyes when people didn't "realize" that. They won't realize it because not everyone thinks the same as you.

I think you mean to say
Ice said:
They won't realize it because they have piss poor reading comprehension skills and are idiots.

Ice said:
No, I don't mean to say that because one, excuse them for not thinking like you. And two, I would never word anything like that.

But one, it doesn't have to do with "thinking like anyone." You can't just start talking about politics when the subject is sports. It is called READING COMPREHENSION. It's ok to admit that people aren't paying attention, Ice.

And two, if you did start wording things like that, you'd be my favorite moderator. It'd be like a lethal combination of Ultimate Moderator and The Site's #1 Anti-Mod. Oh man, that's trouble. Me and you together *Shudders* forget about it. It'd be armeggedon.

Latest posts

Back