Loeb/McGuinness' The Hulk (Discussion/Spoilers).

Re: Loeb/McGuinness' The Hulk (Discusstion/Spoilers).

Paniccia said that Hulk #4 will feature the fight that "everyone's been waiting for," and will most likely sell out again. At the end of the issue, Paniccia added, a character that readers will not believe will appear, and se the stage for the fight that even more people have wanted to see.

Taken from Newsarama.

I find it humorous that a character we wouldn't expect shows up, and that causes a fight everyone has been waiting for to happen.

But....if I didn't expect him, why would I be waiting for this fight to happen?

Loeb: "Don't worry, this **** will sell. In the first issue is Doc Samson and Alpha Flight.

Wasn't it Winter Gaurd since they where in russia?

I haven't read this yet, but if that's true it's funny because that was exactly the complaint against Bruce Jones.

At least Bruce Jones put Bruce Banner into it. And it was all about Bruce Banner being a fugitive.

It wasn't a HULK comic that had a fight between Alpha Flight and She-Hulk for no reason while not having Banner nor Hulk show up...

At least Bruce Jones put Bruce Banner into it. And it was all about Bruce Banner being a fugitive.

It wasn't a HULK comic that had a fight between Alpha Flight and She-Hulk for no reason while not having Banner nor Hulk show up...

... isn't Alpha Flight dead?

I was thinking of picking these up but then I flipped to the last page of issue 2 in teh comic shop and saw Rick Jones as "A-Bomb" and that was the end of that. There is no way I am reading another Loeb pile of crap. Especially when it costs $3. Seriously. Does Marvel have like.....editors?

Loeb needs to be fired.

Out of a cannon.

Regarding the whole Sampson thing with the hair and being small I read in a Hulk Dictionary that his powers are actually like Sampson in that he gets stronger the longer his hair is. So now he's small with the short hair.
They stop doing that awhile back though.
This may just be an Internet rumor, but I have seen comments that the characteristic of Samson's hair length affecting his strength was just a psychological issue that he has since overcome. I hope so. I thought they were carrying the Biblical parallel a little too far.

Besides, I like Samson's hair short -- he looks like a grown-up now, instead of a college kid-wannabe.

Loeb: "Don't worry, this **** will sell. In the first issue is Doc Samson and Alpha Flight. That'll draw in the continuity hounds.

Wasn't it Winter Gaurd since they where in russia?
Yes it was Winter Guard. Isn't Alpha Flight associated with Canada? (And they say Americans have no concept of geography.... :wink: )

I thought they were Omega Flight. I'm lost.

I thought they were Omega Flight. I'm lost.

loebgotu.jpg

Just in case anyone was considering picking this up: don't. It's terrible. It's *almost* Ultimates 3 terrible.

She-Hulk actually says, "...and I'm sure someday someone will explain to me why SHIELD needed a gun in the double-D bra size."

What?!

Just in case anyone was considering picking this up: don't. It's terrible. It's *almost* Ultimates 3 terrible.

She-Hulk actually says, "...and I'm sure someday someone will explain to me why SHIELD needed a gun in the double-D bra size."

What?!

Awful. I knew it. Loeb sure does "SUCK IT!!" :drooling:

I read the first issue of this. It was fin until Samson throws a punch at the Russian guy for no reason at all. It made no sense, even ithin the context of the story.

I know that it doesn't make a whole lot of sense and it's kind of obvious, but according to more recent reports,
Thunderbolt Ross is the Red Hulk.

Also, what's up with Blue Abomination Rick Jones? :lol:

There's a blue Abomination?

Alright, I'm sick of the colors.

i don't mean to be harsh, but it seems loeb's creativity and writing has really gone down since his son died.

Hulk Vitamins.

That's what it is. Some kid playing stories with Hulk Vitamins.

Betty's Yellow.

Latest posts

Back