Loeb/McGuinness' The Hulk (Discussion/Spoilers).

Re: Loeb/McGuinness' The Hulk (Discusstion/Spoilers).

Hulk Vitamins.

That's what it is. Some kid playing stories with Hulk Vitamins.

Betty's Yellow.

That is friggin' brilliant.

They should have used that.

If red hulk jobs thor in Hulk #5 i will be so pissed off

Thor better hand out the serious beat down. He is far more powerful now than he was. Plus, as he said when he was crushing Iron Man with ease, (which was such a GREAT moment for a long time Thor fan) he is no longer holding back. He SHOULD make pretty short work of the Hulk. He is a god after all.

Last edited:

I know that it doesn't make a whole lot of sense and it's kind of obvious, but according to more recent reports,
Thunderbolt Ross is the Red Hulk.

Also, what's up with Blue Abomination Rick Jones? :lol:

That's not likely since
Ross's
clothe's wheren't riped and he was with Clay.Not to mentioned that he stayed on the ship while Red hulk left for colorado...or whatever.

That's not likely since
Ross's
clothe's wheren't riped and he was with Clay.Not to mentioned that he stayed on the ship while Red hulk left for colorado...or whatever.

...which would certainly be par for the course with this book.

...which would certainly be par for the course with this book.

E makes a good point. With the way Loeb's been writing lately, it wouldn't surprise me if this is the truth with some bull**** explanation. Or hell, he might not even explain the clothing thing.

Hulk#4 preview ...Oh my(spoilers)

So IGn has a preview fro Hulk#4 and well ....look for youself

http://comics.ign.com/articles/878/878739p1.html

Yes, you've just seen Red Hulk Punch Uatu.It's kinda amusing...

Hulk_Watcher.jpg

Last edited:
It's a shame the art is so amazing, I just wish they had a better writer on board. Why does Marvel think that Loeb is the next big thing? They've put him on so many projects that would have had the potential to be great (Ultimates 3, Hulk, Ultimatum); are they just plain not aware that he is one of the worst comic book writers of our time?

It's a shame the art is so amazing, I just wish they had a better writer on board. Why does Marvel think that Loeb is the next big thing? They've put him on so many projects that would have had the potential to be great (Ultimates 3, Hulk, Ultimatum); are they just plain not aware that he is one of the worst comic book writers of our time?

Thats a bit hyperbolic. I mean the mans no Chuck Austin. His current crop of work isn't very good but he's done a lot of great stuff in the past.

I too love McGuiness.

Thats a bit hyperbolic. I mean the mans no Chuck Austin. His current crop of work isn't very good but he's done a lot of great stuff in the past.

Yeah but great work in the past doesn't justify letting him do terrible work now. Joe Namath was a good QB in the past but NO ONE is letting him QB their team now.

The fact that he did good work in the past only serves to further highlight how much he has potentially lost it.

Yeah but great work in the past doesn't justify letting him do terrible work now. Joe Namath was a good QB in the past but NO ONE is letting him QB their team now.

The fact that he did good work in the past only serves to further highlight how much he has potentially lost it.

I'm just arguing the "One of the worst comic writers of our time" comment. He's no where near that bad. He's just still off the rails. I'm sure the amount of work Marvel is throwing at him isn't helping matters either. No one can write 58 books at once and have any of them be good.

I'm just arguing the "One of the worst comic writers of our time" comment. He's no where near that bad.

Not that I don't agree with you but.....who is worse right now?

He's just still off the rails. I'm sure the amount of work Marvel is throwing at him isn't helping matters either. No one can write 58 books at once and have any of them be good.

I don't know. Bendis seems to handle a tremendous amount of work. So does Millar.

Honestly I think it is because, as bad as his books are, people keep buying them. Thus the powers that be at Marvel think he must be doing something right so they keep giving him work.

So really, we are all getting exactly what we deserve. DOH!!

I'm just arguing the "One of the worst comic writers of our time" comment. He's no where near that bad. He's just still off the rails. I'm sure the amount of work Marvel is throwing at him isn't helping matters either. No one can write 58 books at once and have any of them be good.

I respectfully counter with

"No one ELSE could write 58 books at once and have ALL of them be this bad!!"

Just.
Awful.

"One of the worst comic writers of our time"

The time is now 5:46 PM Atlantic

Jeph Loeb is one of the worst writers of our time.

That is all.

Last edited:

I too love McGuiness.

Eh... See, I can't think of anything by Loeb that has been great.

Granted, I haven't read Spider-Man: Blue or Daredevil: Yellow or any of those color-themed Marvel books.

Last edited:

He keeps selling and that's all that really matters.

Besides, there are worst.

The only good books of Loeb that I've ever liked were anything involving Batman.

Latest posts

Back