Lost *spoilers*

That's weird. It's on ESPN for me.

See, DJF. DAMN THEM BOSTON RED SOX! But that's another topic.

I think Lost is still on at 9pm for me. I shall see in a few, I hope.

icemastertron said:
That's weird. It's on ESPN for me.

See, DJF. DAMN THEM BOSTON RED SOX! But that's another topic.

I think Lost is still on at 9pm for me. I shall see in a few, I hope.

In MA, it's on ESPN and ABC, cuz somewhere, there are 5 Boston Sox fans who don't have cable. :roll:

ultimatedjf said:
In MA, it's on ESPN and ABC, cuz somewhere, there are 5 Boston Sox fans who don't have cable. :roll:
Well, just saw a commercial saying "Lost- coming up next", so it's still at 9 here in CT. :D

icemastertron said:
HOLY ****!

The Japanese guy can talk perfect english!!!! :shock:

(That's for next week)

I always had a feeling he could.

icemastertron said:
HOLY ****!

The Japanese guy can talk perfect english!!!! :shock:

(That's for next week)

*Ahem* You mean the Korean guy.

Getting facts wrong around LOST fanatics is like misquoting the Bible in front of the Pope.

Aeroth said:
*Ahem* You mean the Korean guy.

Getting facts wrong around LOST fanatics is like misquoting the Bible in front of the Pope.
Well excuuuuuuuuuuse me. I thought he was Japanese, NOT because of his looks, but because he sounded like he was Japanese. Remember I never watched the whole show from its entirety in the first season. :)

To quote King of the Hill's best line ever:

"HE'S NOT JAPANESE - HE'S LAOSION!!!"

Well, Korean, lol.

So we get many answers and many more questions! I love this show!

I believe:

1.) THE OTHERS that we thought are THE OTHERS (from last week's previews
and being the "captors" this week) aren't THE OTHERS, they are also crash
survivors (from the tail of the plane). I believe the black guy is the
black woman's husband.

2.) DHARMA INTITIAVE TEAM: Hurly's buddy from the nut house was one of the
relief guys for the Dharma team on the island.

Great episode last night. Where's the guy gonna run too? Do they always let people get away like Jack let that guy go? I mean "As far as I can run to" isn't really an answer.

God, I hate Michelle Rodriguez... I think Wolf's right about those guys being from the other half of the plane and you know from what they told Rodriguez's character that they're all gonna get a long. Previews for next week look pretty damn good.

Call me Leather, please.

I found it a little blatant to have the polar bears in the film. The episode was intense, no doubt. Locke was called here by the island to run it? Could be. I didn't like how they didn't show the entrance from the OUTSIDE. Hmmmm. Why is that?

Heard something today about the scripting in the Dharma Industries logo is a bunch of magical symbols. It does give an obvious yin-yang impression. The designed lines are said to be from a tarot deck and is an indication of purgatory (they are trapped in a place not quite heaven and almost hell!). Dharma in the spiritual sense is a gathering of like people who share a commonality. So nearly everyone on the island has somehow encountered these people before (already being aluded to in the flash back segements.).

And I agree - why Michelle Rodriquez? Why? I'd rather have Fran Drescher!!!

Re: Lost

leather_w0lf said:
To quote King of the Hill's best line ever:

"HE'S NOT JAPANESE - HE'S LAOSION!!!"

Well, Korean, lol.

So we get many answers and many more questions! I love this show!

I believe:

1.) THE OTHERS that we thought are THE OTHERS (from last week's previews
and being the "captors" this week) aren't THE OTHERS, they are also crash
survivors (from the tail of the plane). I believe the black guy is the
black woman's husband.

2.) DHARMA INTITIAVE TEAM: Hurly's buddy from the nut house was one of the
relief guys for the Dharma team on the island.

Wolf's right about those not being "The Others". If they were "The Others", Mike, Sawyer and Jin would be worm chow by now. Anna (Rodriguez' character) is one of the plane passengers, and it has long been suggested by Rose that she believes that her husband is still alive. It would be a real copout if the writers were just putting us on.

The Dharma Industries thing makes the mysteries of the island more on the scientific realm, but I'm sure there's something more than that. The creepy "coincidences" with the numbers, and much of the phenomena makes me believe that whatever the island is, it is a blend of science and mysticism.

Last edited:

Wow, I haven't posted in a long time! I've been having complications with my computer and, afterwards, went to New Mexico for a time... So I've been busy. First things first, though... LOST!

Possibly the strongest episode emotionally, at least for me. I thought this episode would have been a better Jack-centric episode for a time, but towards the end of Locke's flashbacks I saw why it was necessary to follow him instead. The interaction between Locke and Jack is outstanding... I would watch a show consisting only of the two of them... With a few appearances from Desmund (Who I hoped would've stuck around, but sadly...). Seriously, the characters are coming off real strong and for a season opening, that's unearthly. Seriously.

I don't know what to think about the Dharma Initiative.

The Rafters are going to be set free within the next few episodes... It's obvious the "Others" are the people from the tail end of the plane. Once the dust settles they'll have the "We were on flight 815, too" deal and they'll begin their exoduce to the caves/hatch. I can't wait to see the two worlds collide. I hope there are more connections to characters in the back of the plane and the front... That would be cool. I heard Helen from Locke's past would be showing up, but that was just a rumor after Desmund showed up from Jack's past (Which I think was a completely necessary thing... Random, but necessary).

Yeah, I didn't see the previews for today, but I don't expect a cake walk for any of the characters...

Also, here's something to think about... Locke seems to want to stay in the Hatch, but it's a two person job. Who would stay with him? I would imagine the rest of the season won't revolve around the hatch entirely and it will most likely follow more of the exploration of the other Dharma facilities... We'll see, though... Bets are on Hurley to stay down there with Locke.

Goodwill said:
I can't wait to see the two worlds collide.
The creators have basically said that the two group will not get along at all. In fact they said that, because of the conflicts between the two groups, this season may be quite a bit more violent than the first one.

moonmaster said:
The creators have basically said that the two group will not get along at all. In fact they said that, because of the conflicts between the two groups, this season may be quite a bit more violent than the first one.

That means a dropping body count...cool. Looking forward to tonight's episode.

What two groups? The front and back of the planes I think will get along but...

Well the episode itself was good. I love Hugo centered episodes. The ending was "feel good". But it didn't hold a candle to the preview for next week.

The others are the pirate kidnappers? Seems coincidental but I'm pretty psyched. I can't wait for everyone to reunite.

This was the most entertaining episode so far of Season 2. Maybe even the best!

Hey, a local news ad went too long so, does anyone mind filling me in on Hurley's reasoning for not blowin up the food? When it came back, he was handing out food happily.

"Have a cluckity-cluck-cluck day, Hurley"

Also, can anyone tell me where I most likely saw the actress who played the CD store clerk in? I can't figure it out at the moment and it was buggin me. :D

Lots of new songs. "Up on the Roof" Hmmm....

Bernard.

Shower Scene!!!

"So let's all sue Oceanic, huh?"

"*****."

LOST.

:lol:

5/5

Ok, let me come out and say it... I don't find Hurley interesting. I had a difficult time following his motives not only with this episode but the episode that followed him last time, too. He functions oddly, probably unnaturally, and that, to me, is a weak character. I know that most people like him because he's the funny one and, don't get me wrong, for that reason I think he's cool, too, but he can't support an episode by himself.

For that reason I think this episode was the one the tried for the hour it was on for purpose. There was no direction as the last three have had which I did not like... Characters walked along aimlessly and all of these things happened but nothing significant. Last week's episode is a hard act to follow, but seriously...

I do sound a little too critical, don't I? I admit, anything with Lost in the title will now entertain me for the time between each episode so I'm not saying Lost is bad. There was enough in the episode last night to keep me involved (the Tail Ends, as I'd like to call those in Anna's group with Michael, Jin, and Sawyer).

And another thing... Just what were Jack and Sayid trying to do?

Goodwill said:
Ok, let me come out and say it... I don't find Hurley interesting. I had a difficult time following his motives not only with this episode but the episode that followed him last time, too. He functions oddly, probably unnaturally, and that, to me, is a weak character. I know that most people like him because he's the funny one and, don't get me wrong, for that reason I think he's cool, too, but he can't support an episode by himself.

For that reason I think this episode was the one the tried for the hour it was on for purpose. There was no direction as the last three have had which I did not like... Characters walked along aimlessly and all of these things happened but nothing significant. Last week's episode is a hard act to follow, but seriously...

I do sound a little too critical, don't I? I admit, anything with Lost in the title will now entertain me for the time between each episode so I'm not saying Lost is bad. There was enough in the episode last night to keep me involved (the Tail Ends, as I'd like to call those in Anna's group with Michael, Jin, and Sawyer).

And another thing... Just what were Jack and Sayid trying to do?
I don't think you sound critical. Last nights episode kinda had me thinking Hurley as a jerk. His reasons may be somewhat understandable, but blowing up the food because you dont want fights to break out? So you would rather let them go on the way they are?

I think you may have a point there, GW.

As for what Jack and Sayid were up to, my only guess is for them to find out what's on the other side of that wall. Though I think it could have been explained better.

Latest posts

Back