Lost *spoilers*

Goodwill said:
They really DO seem to have a main focus in this and that's the LOSS and GAIN of faith, which is seen through Jack (The "Lost" one) and Locke (Who has been the one most successful on the island... He was paralyzed and can now walked for goodness' sake!).

I never thought about that. I like that idea.

Yeah, neither did I until I saw that recap episode... I thought that was well worth the hour sitting and watching stuff that I have already seen before.

Something that I also picked up from the Recap...

Ethan Romm (Or however you spell his name) was from Canada, a French speaking country... Is anyone else connecting the dots here, too?

Goodwill said:

Ethan Romm (Or however you spell his name) was from Canada, a French speaking country... Is anyone else connecting the dots here, too?
Not all of Canada is a French speaking country, just the province of Quebec....I believe.

Goodwill said:

Just as a note, It's spelled "Ethan Rom", because it's an anagram of "Other Man" (among other anagrams but JJ Abrams, the shows creator, specified he meant this one). :D

On the show "Extra" they had a preview of the new episode tonight. Boone's sister asks Sayid to go after Locke and avenge her brother. Then they show Sayid pointing a gun at Locke. I've got a theory about all this: a whole mess'o people will hate Locke and at the end of the season finale, someone will shoot him, but we won't know who. Remember J.J. Abrams talking about how the cliffhanger at the end of the season will be bigger than "Who Shot J.R.?"? The big question may be "Who Shot Locke?"

Good episode. What do you think will happen with the hatch. Why does the kid not want them to open it? I should remind you that from what we've seen, the kid may have creepy psychic powers. Also, I knew Locke didn't want to leave the island. He's got it much better there than he does at home.

Yes, I totally agree with you that it was a great episode... A little predictable as the show went on and the cliffs kept happening at every commercial break, but I thought this episode was one of the best in the respect that, instead of asking questions, they answered a few, which was different, but good. We can't have all of these mysteries going on at once.

I thought having Sayid focused on was a nice approach, especially in this episode, where his skills were really utilized well. I really feel like Sayid is one of the most valuable people on the island, standing next to both Jack and Locke. I'd like it if there was a little more with him than, say, Kate, who I find annoying.

Also, the hatch being discovered by the other castaways will lead to nothing good. I'm sure Walt's got the best understanding of it; opening it will probably be synonymous to opening Pandora's Box or something. Nothing good can come from a hatch that isn't supposed to be opened.

Hey, Aeroth and I were discussing the genuity of Locke... Do you think he is keeping the people from getting off the island intentionally because he believes that this is where he belongs or do you think he means well, but is just misunderstood? How are you interpreting his character?

Goodwill said:
Hey, Aeroth and I were discussing the genuity of Locke... Do you think he is keeping the people from getting off the island intentionally because he believes that this is where he belongs or do you think he means well, but is just misunderstood? How are you interpreting his character?
From what I can gather, I say he means well, but is misunderstood. He is trying to help the others, but it's just not ending well, like the death that happened. But if he wanted for no one to get off, why exactly would he want that? I can't think of why, and to me, I can't find a reason either.

I said earlier that I think he likes it better on the island and wants to stay. Why wouldn't he? At home he's incredibly lonely, unappreciated, and put-down. On the island he's constantly surrounded by people. They respect him (or atleast they used to) and he has a place. People rely on him. Why would he want to go back? I probably wouldn't.

Yep. I think its been shown that he thinks hes on the island for a reason. He thinks thats why he got the ability to use his legs again. Its destiny.

Ice, as I understand it, you haven't watched from the beginning of the show. Yes, if you were to pick it up from the death, I believe you would see it differently, but there's something incredibly odd about Locke that I can't quite put a finger on. This has been apparent since his flashback episode, maybe even prior to it. Here we've got a very lonely individual who has found a source of power that has given him so much and the people who he has been blessed to be around are trying to take that away from him. It appears to me that he's playing a game with them to manipulate them in a way that will allow him to get what he wants out of the island and these people. This is apparent when he took both Charlie and Boone under his wing... Only the difference there is, Charlie drops his drug habit and Boone is killed. Locke makes his first, and possibly last mistaker of letting Boone climb that cliff. I think, since that happens, he has to decide between the island or his fellow castaways. It'll be interesting to see which way he swings.

Goodwill said:
Ice, as I understand it, you haven't watched from the beginning of the show. Yes, if you were to pick it up from the death, I believe you would see it differently, but there's something incredibly odd about Locke that I can't quite put a finger on. This has been apparent since his flashback episode, maybe even prior to it. Here we've got a very lonely individual who has found a source of power that has given him so much and the people who he has been blessed to be around are trying to take that away from him. It appears to me that he's playing a game with them to manipulate them in a way that will allow him to get what he wants out of the island and these people. This is apparent when he took both Charlie and Boone under his wing... Only the difference there is, Charlie drops his drug habit and Boone is killed. Locke makes his first, and possibly last mistaker of letting Boone climb that cliff. I think, since that happens, he has to decide between the island or his fellow castaways. It'll be interesting to see which way he swings.
No, I haven't, so thanks for that info. :)

This is, of course, not information, but my opinion as to what's going on in the title. One of the great things that this show is all about is that you can take it how you like it... Reminds me of the Matrix, in that respect.

In Newsweek, there was an article that said that, although the first season focused on 14 of the 48 survivors, more will take a more hands-on role in the latter part of the season and a good portion of the second. Abrams also said that some of the regulars this season will be replaced by other castaways... So, we'll have to see what sort of revelation awaits as we draw closer to the end of the first season.

Goodwill said:
In Newsweek, there was an article that said that, although the first season focused on 14 of the 48 survivors, more will take a more hands-on role in the latter part of the season and a good portion of the second. Abrams also said that some of the regulars this season will be replaced by other castaways... So, we'll have to see what sort of revelation awaits as we draw closer to the end of the first season.

I read that too. It makes sense, really. It seemed like they were gonna run out of backstorys to tell pretty soon. Also, its pretty unrealistic that those 14 people seem to be the only one involved in the important events on the island. The other survivors' only job seems to be to walk around in the background and show up at mass gatherings, while Jack has his own little, exclusive "clique" that runs the island. I also read that the 2nd season will be more "mission-based", which also makes sense. It seems that with all the mysteries they've discovered on the island, it would be a little odd if they didn't explore even a little bit. Abrams also said something about the survivors being forced to deal with the society on the island. This all sounds pretty interesting.

I liked tonight's episode. Great to see some more of Kate. She's one of the few characters on the show who I didn't really have a 'feel' for, and now I'm starting to get her more. I wish they're had been a little bit more with the hatch, but I'm sure we'll see more. I especially liked Sayid pointing out that maybe the hatch wasn't meant to be open. And did you notice the the science teacher at the beginning? Looks like they're already trying to introduce new characters. And next week's episode looks awesome. The return of the French Woman? I did not see that coming at all.

Now, where's Goody? I wanna see what he has to say.

Latest posts

Back