Lost *spoilers*

So, hey, I finally got around to reading that interview with Kim... He's got a very cool thing going on in terms of what he thinks about Jin. I can't wait because, now after reading that, Jin seems like more of an interesting character than I thought before. Hopefully, I won't be let down!

Also, I heard that the people playing these characters have no idea where they are actually headed... Only the people writing the story know where it's going!

Definitely one of the better episodes that I've seen compared to the last few before it. There is now so much more depth to the characters of Sun and Jin.

That Walt is something. If I had powers like that and was on that island, I'd want to stay too.

Hey, did anyone notice the little nod to next week's episode (involving Hurley flashbacks)? It happened during a Jin flashback and will be explained next week. :wink:

Also, Abrams gets us into the mindset of Hurley's ep by having his occasional song skip at the end there! (son of a ***** :lol: )

Next week looks to be a must-see!!! (aren't they all? :D )

I thought that last night's episode was one of those turning point episodes. I know there have been a lot of them, but this one particularly stood out. You see, this whole oppurtunity for a second chance thing is being played up a bit, and it was obvious in this issue. Sun and Jin seperate, and Sahid and Shannon unite, which shows that the writer is taking apart all of the old relationships and forging new ones to stress to the viewers that there is growth and progression. We saw something like this go on in Boone's episode, however, this was more character heavy than that one.

I did see Hurley on the television or, at least, I thought I did... I found it hard to believe at first! Well, what's so good about Hurley, anyway? I'm not sure there's much to him at all, you know? I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Also, the next episode seems really odd... All of a sudden and so late into the season they are going to go deeper into the woods? Hmm... Something tells me television is taking the better of this episode! ;) No worries, though, the last few episodes have been spot on, especially the Sawyer episode.

On Good Morning America, I saw a preview of Hurley's flashback, however, I can't make heads or tails of it. He was in a grey jumpsuit with another guy wearing the same thing... I'm thinking that they work a carwash because I thought I saw on the TV Hurley washing cars. There's probably way more to it than that, however, that's what I'm speculating.

Last night's episode opened up many new mysteries, and if you look at the "Numbers" closely, you'll see quite a bit of significance in them.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Now, if you add the digits of all these numbers, plus the digits of the $156 Million that Hurley is worth, you end up getting...

4 + 8 + 1 + 5 + 1 + 6 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 5 + 6 =
a.k.a. the original number of crash survivors

But that's not each. Each number in the series has its own significance:

4 + 8 + 48 (number of crash survivors)
8 + 15 = 815 (the plane's flight number)
16 (the number of years the french woman has been on the island)
23 (Jack's seat number, 23A / the amount of Kate's stolen money, $23,000)
42 (?)

Nobody knows for sure what the last number, 42, might mean, but the popular opinion is that since it's the last number, it might stand for the amount of crash survivors left alive at the end of the season...

Aeroth said:
Last night's episode opened up many new mysteries, and if you look at the "Numbers" closely, you'll see quite a bit of significance in them.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Now, if you add the digits of all these numbers, plus the digits of the $156 Million that Hurley is worth, you end up getting...

42 (?)

Nobody knows for sure what the last number, 42, might mean, but the popular opinion is that since it's the last number, it might stand for the amount of crash survivors left alive at the end of the season...
Oh my damn. I saw last night's episode, and it was just AWESOME. Those numbers are freaky man! But that theory you just said, just made the episode last night EVEN better, and one hell of a theory to read too. WOO! :D

Aeroth said:

4 8 15 16 23 42

42 (?)

Nice. 8)

42 is the ultimate answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything.

What do you guys think the thing that Locke and Boone dug up is? It looked like a submarine to me...

Freaky numerology

Yeah, all that numerology stuff creeps me out. Where do y'all have the time to come up with this? My theory is that it's a sort of curse, like Hurley thought. I bet learning the secret of that suplimental number 42 is the answer to breaking the curse and getting them off the island.

What a great episode, though. Keeps ya hard for 5 weeks of watching repeats and looking for the numbers in the backstories on the other castaways.

PEACE!

Leather

It was recently announced that instead of having the final 5 weeks of repeats all together, Lost will return on March 30th with a new episode. The week after that will also be a new one, and then a couple more repeats will follow, followed by the last episodes of the season.

Check this out: go to www.lost-tv.com Then scroll down towards the bottom of the page where it says news for Friday March 11th. They have the picture for the DVD Box set, just click where it tells you to. :D :D :D

Last edited:
Did anyone see the scenes (ad) from (for) the new episode?

Scroll down for spoilers....

Locke sees a plane (like a one person propeller plane) crashland on the island!
(Of course he also becomes sick which means the plane in is most likely an illusion) :roll:

Well, I didn't see it, however, I'm going to guess that this is a Locke-central episode, which should mean answers this week.

Somebody give Terry O'Quinn an emmy!! His character, Locke, is the best of any show I've seen this season! The end of the episode moved me to tears, too.

Oh, and I was watching with captions, and before the plane tips over, the static voice on the radio says, "There were no survivors of Oceanic Flight 815". Bum-Bum-Bump!!!!

"Theresa falls up the stairs, Theresa falls down the stairs"

Despite Hurley only in this ep for 2 seconds, he still gave the best line of the night!

In May, the season finale's gonna be 2hrs! (90 minutes excluding commercials!)

Mouse Trap is the shiznit.

Last night's episode was one of the more emotional ones, yes, but it didn't move me any which way until Boone was injured... I'm thinking he's going to die now. While I'd rather see him die than, say, Sawyer or Jack, I don't really want to see him go because he's Locke's puppet and that's interesting to me. We'll have to see what becomes of him next week (Speaking of which, is it the season finale? Who is it following?).

There's still about five more eps, no more reruns except for a "special" on what JJ (the show's creator) thinks are the main 6 characters including a minidoc about the island (that's gonna be in April)

And the season finale is 2 hours!!!!! :D

Wow!

Yeah, last night's episode, Deus Ex Machina, was the bomb.

I check out a website http://www.lost-tv.com/

It's got the spoilers for all the upcoming episodes.

Next week's episode the baby is born and Boone dies.

OR

Claire dies and Boone lives.

lol.

Either way, A regular cast member may die next week. The episode is called: Do No Harm. It will be Jack-centric apparently.

Peace!

Leather

I can't believe that I've neglected to post on this thread. I've been watching LOST for a while now.

Last night's episode was awesome. I love Locke even more than I did before. The part where he's in his car and he's screaming and pounding on the roof...incredible stuff. Now we know why Locke's sort of a hard ***. I wonder if Boone is really gonna die. I like the theory that they're gonna suprise us by killing off Claire instead. Oh and the light in the hatch. I have a bad feeling that they're gonna do the same thing they did when Boone and Locke first found the hatch and we won't even see it in the next episode. Jesus, I love this show.

My guess is that Boone dies and the baby born, a boy, will be named Boone... This is without reading spoilers, so I don't know, however, I'm thinking the fact that Locke won't tell them about the hatch or the plane is something that will seal Boone's fate indefinitely.

Goodwill said:
My guess is that Boone dies and the baby born, a boy, will be named Boone... This is without reading spoilers, so I don't know, however, I'm thinking the fact that Locke won't tell them about the hatch or the plane is something that will seal Boone's fate indefinitely.
So you think that Boone's the one who will die by the end of the season? I mean, someone else can die, and he survives. I'm just saying that as an example....if anyone gets me. But I think Boone will probably die, too.

Well, throughout the episode I thought that Sawyer was going to bite it until Jack came up with the glasses. I knew that a significant character was going to die, however, I didn't have any guesses until funny stuff started happening. Boone's accident was expected the minute the plane started moving and, when it did fall, I pegged him as the one who would bite it. I don't think it will be anyone else. I remember Aeroth telling me that they are going to kill a male member of the cast off to introduce another character by the end of the season. We'll see what happens.

Latest posts

Back