Lost *spoilers*

ProjectX2 said:
I followed the instructions and saw the teaser for Season 2, which didn't show us much except repeating the same thing over and over and showing the members running.

I just found this: http://www.lostlinks.net/transmission.htm

interesting.. though i dont think its much new.. the teaser I think gave away some more than that.. it was kinda the words that they read.. makes me think they are gonna have a lot more contact with the "others" Did you try to find any of the other easter eggs on the page.. I found one.. a note or obit.. something like that for a person I didnt recognize..

moonmaster said:
Trust me, the monster is a machine. The screeching is grinding gears; the smoke is exhaust; the thing pulling Locke was a chain. I just don't know why Houdey thinks this is such a bad idea. I predicted this before I saw the season finale. The machine idea just makes sense. If it turned out to be some wierd monster, everyone would say "oh, that thing looks so stupid!" And if it turned out to be a dinosaur or a giant animal, everyone would say "oh a dinosaur, how original! This is lame!" If its a machine, a lot of people will be surprised by it, and plus they'll know it just makes sense.

And I have no idea what you mean about "magic". I really don't see anything having to do with magic going on right now. In fact, if the monster is a machine, that would be pretty "un-magical".

I figured that the polar bears came from a ship bound for a zoo. So I thought other strange animals would be on this ship. So I figured the beast was a gorilla.

As for magic, they are playing off the fact Walt is able to manipulate reality, in the way he always gets what he needs in backgammon, the bird flying into the window when his parents weren't paying attention to him, and the polar bears on the island showing up when his dog leaves. And the fact the dog actually lived through the plane crash.

I don't know, we could argue until the second season. I'll need to see this season to make a better opinion on the direction of the show.

yeah but how could a polar bear surive that kind of heat, ok the characters of the show when they walk down the beach they always seem to be sweating quite a bit.
Seeing as polar bears live in the cold, even in zoos, i just dont understand how it can surrive.

As of now I have two theories:

*Aliens crash landed on the island (the hatch) and it mutated the land. A zoo ship had previously crashed here and the radiation mutated the animals. People arrived and found out, yadadada.

*People were scientists who have been experimenting on different animals bought to the island to keep as a secret. Something happens, and the animals escape into the jungle. If the 'beast' is a machine, then it could have been the security system to keep the animals safe.

I'm sick of aliens being the cause of things, i wana more realistic idea, i like the fact that the big monster could be a machine of some sort!
I dunno, its like the movie the forgotten, i was liking it cause it was different, and it could be the goverment playing with minds, but then when those clouds started moving, i was like gay its aliens!!!!

Well, you have to remember this is from the same guy who did X-Files. Aliens are a very strong solution to this mess. I would go for it.

Also, I don't like the animal idea because that is exactly what I was fearing when I first heard there was a beast on the island. This can not be another Jurassic Park.

The site where the second season trailer is found has all sorts of easter eggs, unfortunately, I can't find any. Can anyone help me out?

Goodwill, Lost isn't by the same guy who did X-Files. In fact, I can't really think of one writer who ever even wrote for X-Files that writes for Lost. X-Files was created by Chris Carter, who also did Millennium, Harsh Realm and The Lone Gunmen. He's been strangely quiet for the past few years.

Lost was principally created by J.J. Abrams who does Alias, although I think the person who more or less runs the show is a guy named Damon Lindelof.

So, there's by no means any guarantee that there's aliens involved. In fact, I'm going on record as saying that I do not believe there will be any aliens in the series. The creators have said that everything is scientifically explainable, and they really do not want any comparisons to the X-Files.

Of course, with psychics and whatnot being on the show, I'm beginning to doubt the 'scientific' thing. Still, there's almost certainly a more down to Earth explanation.

Oh, and as a reply to your request for Easter eggs...start on www.oceanic-air.com. In the yellow "ALL FLIGHTS CANCELLED" box, you can find a hidden panel that contains a graphic of a lost script page. Just move your mouse in there until you can highlight it, and drag it over. You should also find a hidden message that will show up after a while. Just highlight it to read it. Also, if you look at the source code of this page, there's at least one other message.

On this same page, where you book the number of passengers, you can enter the magic numbers in the boxes to enter the seating chart. Just start clicking on seats, and eventually some will light up. Click on them when they light up.

I'm probably forgetting some, but this is the majority of the Easter eggs I've found.

It's been confirmed that the site is from Disney to promote Lost, and not the writers. The script page was an old script page from the first season, and the clips showing the second season were obviously from the first as well.

Still though, it has some interesting stuff in it.

Click on Locke's seat a few times, the noise freaked me out.

Yeah, in the second season's trailer, I thought I heard Sawyer's voice... I was like, "Awesome, he survived!" But then I figured that was a teaser. They really shouldn't be doing that with one of my favorite characters!

Part 2 of the pilot is on tonizzight.

Michelle Rodriguez (SWAT), from Jack's flashback in the finale (The scene where he sat at the bar flirting with that woman) is joining the cast for season two. Supposedly, she will be at the heart to one of the season's biggest plot twists. We'll have to see if that holds any water.

My guess? We have the leader to the survivors of the second half of the plane.

Goodwill said:
Michelle Rodriguez (SWAT), from Jack's flashback in the finale (The scene where he sat at the bar flirting with that woman) is joining the cast for season two. Supposedly, she will be at the heart to one of the season's biggest plot twists. We'll have to see if that holds any water.

My guess? We have the leader to the survivors of the second half of the plane.

These announcements from the media really are just taking away the element of surprise we could've gotten at the end of the first new episode that airs (my guess as to when she appears first). Anti-Climactic, y'know?

It was only my guess, really. All we know is that she is coming on as one of the new cast members.

Others will be leaving, too. I also know a few that are returning... But I'd rather keep that information to myself... ;)

If you're talking about the news-radio report that one characters contract went out and so they created a flashback death for them, it was just announced today on tvguide.com by THE most reliable source that that turned out to be false. :wink:

:D

No, not talking about that. I didn't hear that, but that would have been real stupid. Honestly, a flash back death? No.

I was talking about some real news. ;) Not the rumors that Tina Wesson of Survivor or Samual L. Jackson would be joining the cast... I mean, good stuff. :)

Excelsior said:
Oh, and as a reply to your request for Easter eggs...start on www.oceanic-air.com. In the yellow "ALL FLIGHTS CANCELLED" box, you can find a hidden panel that contains a graphic of a lost script page. Just move your mouse in there until you can highlight it, and drag it over. You should also find a hidden message that will show up after a while. Just highlight it to read it. Also, if you look at the source code of this page, there's at least one other message.

On this same page, where you book the number of passengers, you can enter the magic numbers in the boxes to enter the seating chart. Just start clicking on seats, and eventually some will light up. Click on them when they light up.

I'm probably forgetting some, but this is the majority of the Easter eggs I've found.

Whoa.

That pink script page gave a LOT away about the monster's appearance. Moreso once Abrams deliberately added on the part in red pen.

Robotic, many tentacled and looks like a.... well, I couldn't figure out the next word, but Abrams obviously "doesn't want us to know yet".

:D

Latest posts

Back