Lost *spoilers*

ABC is joining Hulu! I'll be able to watch LOST on Hulu! (I never really warmed to ABC.com's Full Episode Player.)

Wow, I think it really could be an evil plot to destroy the world after all. And that college-aged guy who invented it? Totally an alien.

I'm thinking we might see Faraday during the three years he was off island researching... and I know a way it can happen too. Involving what we know the finale is about (
Jacob
),
it sounds like Jacob is off the island meeting the characters at different points in their life. Maybe he meets Faraday while he's researching and has a chat with him?

Last edited:
I'm sure he'll return in some fashion, but his death wasn't a lame shock value killing- it emphasized the danger inherent in ****ing around in the past and attempting to change things. His death, in the end, was 'fate' laughing in his face. Just because you don't like a death doesn't mean it's lame and solely for shock value.

Let me rephrase that. The way it happened was lame and for shock value, not the fact that it happened. They killed him, and ... it ended. There could have been some real emotion there, but they decided to cut it off. Why? Because it's "more exciting" that way.

I'm not sure why his off doing research is such a problem. It led to his deduction that humans were variables, which was something we didn't really need to see off camera.

The reason people have been complaining that the entire scene didn't make sense was because it was so out of character for Daniel to be waving a gun around and on the offensive. How do you remedy that issue? Actually show the change. It isn't a real character arc if they bypass it and explain it away with "and then I decided about variables!" And frankly, it would be more interesting, too.

Also, the entire episode was about the theme of Destiny vs. Free Will, which is encapsulated in Hawking's belief that she cannot do anything to prevent her son from dying at her hands.

Daniel Faraday has, like it or not, a complete circular character arc. I'll miss him greatly, but the episode was an intriguing, fantastic sendoff.

Like I said, it's not much of a character arc if the writers skimp out on actually developing the character and go straight to the crazy end. And I didn't dislike the whole episode - on the whole, it was a fantastic episode. But I thought his death could have been handled a lot better.

I thought the flashbacks with Richard were great... :-/

Nasty misleading rumors aside, the episode was awesome. Just an incredible episode... I think mostly because I hadn't heard really what was going to happen or where things were gonna go.

I cheered out loud at Sayid's return. Dude is badass.

Locke killing Jacob seems like a very interesting thing... I am very interested to see where that ends up. All this hype for this guy and he's going to be murdered? That's interesting. And who is to say that he's not already dead?

Sawyer, Kate, and Juliet leaving was something that had me worried. I guess judging form the previews they'll be back, though.

The Compass

That compass has gotta be getting old. It's been going back and forth in time from John to Richard for Jacob knows how long

Re: The Compass

What year were you born?

uhhh 1941.

So your 47?

Yeah?

You fought in the Koren War?

Um there is no such thing?

:lol:
Hurley is just always great, though I wish Chang's discovery of time travelers were a bit better, just one of those problems with a compressed season
That compass has gotta be getting old. It's been going back and forth in time from John to Richard for Jacob knows how long
The real question is, where did it originally come from?

I love how blatantly Ben is trying to play Locke and Richard off each other. He's like a grade school kid in the playground.

Ben (to Richard): "Locke is a big poopie pants, don't you think?"
Richard: "Hmm, yeah."

Ben (to Locke): "Richard says you're a big poopie pants!"

Hurley is just always great, though I wish Chang's discovery of time travelers were a bit better, just one of those problems with a compressed season

Yeah. he seemd pretty accepting of it. "Your time travelors? Hmmm....ok"

The real question is, where did it originally come from?

My guess is the Black Rock. I assume the Black Rock has to be part of the story somewhere.

My guess is the Black Rock. I assume the Black Rock has to be part of the story somewhere.

No but, when Locke ask Richard if he still had the compass to give it to Locke, so he first gets the compass when Traveling Locke gave it to him, but Locke got it from Richard. It's a chicken and the egg, unless Richard had a duplicate in the 1950's that compass literally came out of no where.

I was doing some thinking today.

Did Lindelof and Carlton Cuse just write off Annie like they did Libby's story? We would've seen her living in DHARMA-ville, right? What's the deal there.

Also, we know that the DHARMA Initiative survives this "Incident" because Ben's flashback shows certain people living through the ordeal... Unless of course Jack is successful at changing everything. Which would be odd.

This show is such a headache.

Also, regarding Richard. Did anyone else think the Boat in a Bottle was a hint as to where he came from? The Black Rock? Since, when I saw that at the beginning of the episode, I still thought it was going to revolve around him I thought that was a clue. Still could be.

I was doing some thinking today.

Did Lindelof and Carlton Cuse just write off Annie like they did Libby's story? We would've seen her living in DHARMA-ville, right? What's the deal there.

Also, we know that the DHARMA Initiative survives this "Incident" because Ben's flashback shows certain people living through the ordeal... Unless of course Jack is successful at changing everything. Which would be odd.

This show is such a headache.
I don't think anything will change, because Eliose knows about Daniel's death, shows to me that nothing will change. But I feel that season six will revolve around try to stop or allow something from happening in the future. And you're right we show of at least scene Annie by now. And for that matter where the hell is Rose and Bernard? I mean you could easily write them into the Dharma Initiative (as some of Lefleur's crew that were missing) But nothing. I really hope their not adam and eve.
Also, regarding Richard. Did anyone else think the Boat in a Bottle was a hint as to where he came from? The Black Rock? Since, when I saw that at the beginning of the episode, I still thought it was going to revolve around him I thought that was a clue. Still could be.

I didn't notice that. I am a bit upset that Richard's flash back episode wasn't a flash WAY back

I like that Kate thinks Jack is crazy now just because he wants to blow **** up. :D

I love Hurley. The exchange with Chang, the "who the hell is Hugo Reyes?" and then the cut to him grabbing a bunch of food. Hurley is the best.

I need to see more of Richard. He better get a couple of episodes next season.

Locke's going to kill Jacob. Awesome.

Annie will be addressed, Libby will not be. Ever, sadly. Libby is the only thing that bugs me to no end about the series (srsly) and the fact that Darlton is done with her -- they say we have enough to connect the dots, wtf? -- makes me nuts. But in a recent podcast, they said they will get to Annie, even if it's not this season... even though this season would have made the most sense for getting an answer.

(incredibly minor SPOILERS ahead; remember, I'm the Spoilerphobe, so for me to be OK with what I'm about to post means it's pretty common knowledge. tag if you think it's necessary)

I love, love, love the podcast. Without outright spoiling anything, Damon and Carlton offer little tidbits on a weekly basis, like answering burning questions -- definitively and humorously -- and letting us know that they WILL indeed get around to most of the stuff we want to know about. When someone writes in and says they want a specific answer, or something/one to be seen again/elaborated upon, 90% of the time, Darlton confirms that their story is not done yet. Again, the only burning question that I wanted answered but they've said they're done with... is Libby. But Annie, the Monster, Jacob, Richard, the Four Toed Statue, Rose and Bernard, the Temple, Christian, and Vincent (and many, many others) will all be seen/addressed again and they will tie them all up as they see fit. They've only got 19 hours left, but I have complete and utter faith in Damon and Carlton. They've never steered me wrong and made me lose faith... except for Libby.

They've never steered me wrong and made me lose faith... except for Libby.

I don't post here anymore, but I still lurk in the weekly Lost thread updates because so far it's the best Lost fan discussion I've found. I noticed this on Lostpedia and thought I'd pass it on (no idea whatsoever if it's true).

"The producers have stated that they would like to reveal more of Libby's back story, but the actress who plays her is unable or unwilling to comply.

I don't post here anymore, but I still lurk in the weekly Lost thread updates because so far it's the best Lost fan discussion I've found. I noticed this on Lostpedia and thought I'd pass it on (no idea whatsoever if it's true).

"The producers have stated that they would like to reveal more of Libby's back story, but the actress who plays her is unable or unwilling to comply.

I've never heard that, and considering she had a cameo last season I don't think that's the case. The writers have just said its just low level question that they dont have time to answer

Annie will be addressed, Libby will not be. Ever, sadly. Libby is the only thing that bugs me to no end about the series (srsly) and the fact that Darlton is done with her -- they say we have enough to connect the dots, wtf? -- makes me nuts.

Well really we do, we can assume she was just in the mental institution because of her husband's death and she gave the boat to Desmond out of sympathy. There's really nothing other than the natural air of mystery that Lost makes that suggests there's any more to it. But I do think we need closure, we don't need a reveal like she's working for Widmore or whatever, but we definitely need a scene with Hurley talking to her ghost. I can see that as potentially being Hurley's best scene of the series. And that;s why I can't really believe when they say they'll never tough on it again because it's just so obvious how amazing that scene could be. We just need some closure, and they could easily do that in the sixth season.

Yeah. he seemd pretty accepting of it. "Your time travelors? Hmmm....ok"

Well, he is a guy that saw time travelling / teleporting rabbits and seemed to know you can't have the two meet.

Also, as mentioned, having an Asian guy named Miles is too much of a coincidence.

Without these two factors, it would have been a copout, but I guess it is okay. They didn't have time for a dramatic moment between the father and son though.

Latest posts

Back