Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline

It was not a rumor after all.
It's from Tod Casey, the producer of this movie who said, it was just between Avengers and the Phase 2 movies.

This story could take place sometime between "Marvel's The Avengers" and its upcoming sequel.

if you know Hulk and Iron Man, then you get to see them extend the relationship that begins as Avengers.

http://marvel.com/news/story/20216/iron_man_hulk_unite_for_the_holidays_in_new_animated_film

But, it's for me 100% Agnostic Canon.

If it doesn't have the official stamp on the box then it is not canon

It was not a rumor after all. It's from Tod Casey, the producer of this movie who said, it was just between Avengers and the Phase 2 movies. http://marvel.com/news/story/20216/iron_man_hulk_unite_for_the_holidays_in_new_animated_film But, it's for me 100% Agnostic Canon.

Eh, like I said, I think that's just the producers attempting to ride the coattails of the MCU's success, by suggesting it "could" take place after Avengers, and designing it so it possibly could.

But like you said its obvious it's not MCU canon.

If it doesn't have the official stamp on the box then it is not canon

Technically the films don't feature a stamp, just the canon comics (and only the newer ones).

But yeah, it's definitely not canon.

Added episode titles for the first two episodes after AoS's break over the holidays.

"The Magical Place" airs January 7, 2014, and picks up rights after the previous episode. Obviously it'll focus on Coulson's resurrection, though I'd be surprised if we got all the answers in this episode. Victoria Hand and the SHIELD doctor who cleared the members of the team from the Pilot (played by Ron Glass) will return, as well as Raina and Po. The promo also shows they'll touch on Skye's mystery concerning her parents, so maybe we'll get some answers there.

The following episode, titled "Seeds", airs a week later on January 14, 2014.

Added episode titles for the first two episodes after AoS's break over the holidays.

"The Magical Place" airs January 7, 2014, and picks up rights after the previous episode. Obviously it'll focus on Coulson's resurrection, though I'd be surprised if we got all the answers in this episode. Victoria Hand and the SHIELD doctor who cleared the members of the team from the Pilot (played by Ron Glass) will return, as well as Raina and Po. The promo also shows they'll touch on Skye's mystery concerning her parents, so maybe we'll get some answers there.

Sweet!

1544541_624500777614774_725875769_n.jpg

This image was posted on the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. facebook. Not sure how you would categorize it on the timeline, or how you would determine it's cannonicity, but it looks like more is to come from it.

1544541_624500777614774_725875769_n.jpg

This image was posted on the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. facebook. Not sure how you would categorize it on the timeline, or how you would determine it's cannonicity, but it looks like more is to come from it.

To celebrate Ian De Caestecker (AKA Leo Fitz)'s birthday Joe Quesada drew him a picture. I doubt there's more to it than that.

It's on there, check the Dec 29, 2013 entry.

I'm not sure if it should be canon or not, but for now I'm including it until we learn otherwise. It doesn't dispute anything from the show or movies.

The "To Be Continued" tag certainly indicates there may be more of these little one page comics, perhaps released and focusing on the other AoS actors' birthdays, etc.

It's on there, check the Dec 29, 2013 entry.

I'm not sure if it should be canon or not, but for now I'm including it until we learn otherwise. It doesn't dispute anything from the show or movies.

The "To Be Continued" tag certainly indicates there may be more of these little one page comics, perhaps released and focusing on the other AoS actors' birthdays, etc.

I guess we'll probably find out whether it's canon or not once the show picks back up. It'd deffinitely be interested in seeing them get a spin off comic like a lot of other TV comic properties have in the past.

http://www.newsarama.com/19921-marvels-movie-captain-america-goes-home-in-new-comic-book-one-shot.html Winter Soldier tie-in comic coming in March. Not clear where in the timeline it is yet. Only the vague placement of between Avengers and Winter Soldier.

Yup, it's been on the timeline for a few weeks since it was first announced. So far the only info in terms if it's placement, like you said, is that it occurs between Avengers and CA-TWS. I'm assuming it probably occurs relatively soon before CA-TWS.

I'm still trying to track down the official CA-TFA comic adaptation, just for completeness' sake. Think it'll get a TPB collection, likely along with this Homecoming one shot and some random older 616 tale, as is usually the case.

There's been no info given about the one-shot so stop trying to shove your religious beliefs on me DIrishB!

Are we sure that's what it is? That sounds more like a one-shot about Loki ruling Asgard.

It may be, I'm only reiterating what's been reported.

And don't forget, Ben Kingsley did reveal months back he was working on a One Shot which would reveal the real Mandarin paying Trevor a visit. It seemed like that might have been a false report, until now.

Also, it's important to remember the One Shots tend to be disconnected from the films they're released with, least lately. Hence Agent Carter being released with the Iron Man 3 Blu Ray, and this arguably IM3 centric One Shot being released with Thor - The Dark World.

Of course, it could be a Loki centric short occurring after Thor 2, but I doubt it, as I don't see them touching on that major plot line in a 5-10 minute shirt film as opposed to just waiting for Thor 3. However, the whole "real Mandarin" thing I can see being the subject of the One Shot, as it addresses the complaints some people had, without it being necessary viewing, but also opening the potential for that "real" Mandarin thread to be picked up or explored in a possible future IM movie (IM4?) or Avengers film (Avengers 3?).

I'm not saying it is one way or the other, only rehashing what info we've received and trying to make sense of it. We know Ben Kingsley hinted at his involvement in a post-IM3 One Shot that involved his Trevor Slattery character meeting the "real" Mandarin, we've got confirmation a new One Shot is coming, and given the "All Hail the King" title, I'm thinking that pertains to the actual Mandarin, not Loki.

We'll get more news in the coming days/weeks, and find out for sure, but I do think this One Shot is the one Kingsley mentioned months ago, not one we hadn't heard of at all.

There's been no info given about the one-shot so stop trying to shove your religious beliefs on me DIrishB!

There's been info given about an unnamed One Shot starring Ben Kingsley. This is that.

Besides, Cap Canuck is the religious one. I'm just the detail oriented one.

I'm not saying it is one way or the other, only rehashing what info we've received and trying to make sense of it. We know Ben Kingsley hinted at his involvement in a post-IM3 One Shot that involved his Trevor Slattery character meeting the "real" Mandarin, we've got confirmation a new One Shot is coming, and given the "All Hail the King" title, I'm thinking that pertains to the actual Mandarin, not Loki.

Actually Kingsley never confirmed it would have to do with Trevor meeting the 'real' Mandarin. All he did was confirm he was working on a secret Marvel project. It was Latino Review that 'confirmed' that he would meet the real Mandarin. I use the term 'confirmed' loosely though, because almost immediately Drew Pierce the screenwriter of Iron Man 3 went to twitter and said, ' nobody's going to be apologizing for the Mandarin twist any time soon.'

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/SuperheroStation/news/?a=89317

It doesn't completely debunk the theory, because Drew Pierce probably isn't working on the Trevor one shot. However you would think that Marvel wouldn't immediately ret-con a twist, from one of their highest grossing, and critically acclaimed movies because it received backlash from SOME of the fans. Whether we liked the twist or not is irrelevant, because the majority of the world did like it. It was a risky plot twist, and it did tick off some people, but in Marvel's eyes in was a success. So as Drew Pierce said, nobody's apologizing.

Personally I imagine the one shot being about Trevor going into prison, and people not knowing he's an actor, treating him like a king. He quickly takes advantage of this and starts ruling the prison. Maybe with the end of it having him starting a prison riot and escaping.

Latest posts

Back