Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline

Iron Fist can feature a more action heavy, martial arts flair than Daredevil, featuring and focusing on visually exciting fight choreography (which isn't expensive in terms of special effects and only requires good fight choreography and wire work...both are very affordable). In terms of its subject matter I'm a bit vague as I'm not very familiar with Iron Fist as I've not read much of his comics.

You should read Fraction's run. I actually hope this series doesn't take place in NYC. I want it to be as Kung Fu as possible and be about Danny Rand getting lost in the Himilayas searching for K'un L'un and then training under the Thunderer with his friend/Rival Davos (who becomes the Steel Serpent) and then he faces Shou Lao the Undying and becomes the Iron Fist. Then at the end of the series he can return to NYC and maybe make appearances in Luke Cage's series.

And ultimately it'll lead to The Defenders mini-series. Still not sure why they're calling it Defenders when it's essentially Marvel Knights in terms of characters
Or even Heroes for Hire.

The release says all four shows will take place in Hell's Kitchen, right? So it'll be in NYC. But for Iron Fist, I'm sure they'll do both Kung L'un as well as NYC.

So Thor: The Dark World takes place two years after Thor. I really enjoyed it. Had some problems here and there, but it was a lot of fun and certainly better than the first one.

I was trying to watch IM2 with Favreau's commentaries, (I say "trying" because my little daughter is a pain for the others when she isn't sleeping, as she is clearly the center of the world and she knows how to shout and cry when we don't pay attention to her).

During the first 5 minutes, Favreau says:

* There are 6 months between the "I Am Iron Man" and IM2.
* There are 6 weeks between the Stark kidnapping in Afghanistan and the Apogee Award.
* The building of Ivan's Arc Reactor takes 6 months, that's why when IM2 begins really, we see "6 months later".

And cool fact, we see Phil Coulson in the crowd when Rhodey arrives in the court.

You should read Fraction's run. I actually hope this series doesn't take place in NYC. I want it to be as Kung Fu as possible and be about Danny Rand getting lost in the Himilayas searching for K'un L'un and then training under the Thunderer with his friend/Rival Davos (who becomes the Steel Serpent) and then he faces Shou Lao the Undying and becomes the Iron Fist. Then at the end of the series he can return to NYC and maybe make appearances in Luke Cage's series.

Yeah I think I will check out Fraction's run, been hearing a lot of good things about it.

Or even Heroes for Hire.

True.

The release says all four shows will take place in Hell's Kitchen, right? So it'll be in NYC. But for Iron Fist, I'm sure they'll do both Kung L'un as well as NYC.

I suppose they could go the Arrow/Batman Begins route and have the first episode or two focusing on him finishing his training and then eventually returning to New York.

I was trying to watch IM2 with Favreau's commentaries, (I say "trying" because my little daughter is a pain for the others when she isn't sleeping, as she is clearly the center of the world and she knows how to shout and cry when we don't pay attention to her). During the first 5 minutes, Favreau says: * There are 6 months between the "I Am Iron Man" and IM2. * There are 6 weeks between the Stark kidnapping in Afghanistan and the Apogee Award. * The building of Ivan's Arc Reactor takes 6 months, that's why when IM2 begins really, we see "6 months later". And cool fact, we see Phil Coulson in the crowd when Rhodey arrives in the court.

I have no doubt the original plan was 6 months, but with the Fury's Big Week comic setting it at the same time as Thor and Incredible Hulk, it was retconned a bit.

Also, while it still hasn't been outright confirmed or denied the 4 Netflix shows and mini series will take place in the MCU, Bob Iger (one of Disney's big wigs) mentioned that if the series are popular and well received on Netflix, it's possible they'll transition them into films. And once again, I doubt they'd do these separate of the MCU and not try to capitalize on its success as a way of tying interest to these for more casual fans (like was done with AoS).

Last edited:
How's going wyokid, it's been a long time I haven't posted on the CBR forum (more precisely the Ultimate forum)?

This news is so awesome! ^^

4x13 episodes leading to another mini-series!

The MCU is growing!

I hope to see one day Moon Knight..

I'm doing great! It's been a long time. How are you?

Oh god. Moon Knight *drools*

Last edited:
www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=89774

That's an extended look at Captain America - The Winter Soldier which was shown before Thor - The Dark World (which I saw today and enjoyed). It features an extended trailer with some new stuff not yet seen, as well as the full "fight in the elevator" scene which was great in the trailer and even better in full. Also it ends with a very interesting nod to the comics, in terms of when Bucky took over as Cap following Steve's supposed death.

Exciting news about the Netflix deal. I hope the Jessica Jones series deals with her as a journalist rather than a PI, as that adds something unique to the line-up. I also hope they have the sense to do away with the grottiness of her rape ordeal.

I'd personally like to see these series to lead in to each other in much the same way as The Wire told a story about Baltimore with a rotating cast but changed the focus of the leads depending on the series.

So (just for illustrative purposes) you might start with Daredevil as a series with bits of law procedural mixed in, opening on his failed defense case of Luke Cage, which leads to him uncovering an underworld power play by the Owl. Have Jessica Jones in a small role as his investigator and Danny Rand as the eccentric social activist billionaire who runs a local dojo and has quietly invested in Matt's law firm, and culminate in a gang war.

Move to Alias, with Jessica Jones in the lead, having moved on to a career in journalism, looking to exonerate Luke while also starting a blossoming romance, while also investigating the rise of the Kingpin in the wake of gang warfare. Let Danny play a bigger role as someone on the board of directors for the Daily Planet and Matt in a recurring role as Luke's lawyer.

Move on to Luke Cage as prison drama, covering the origins of his super powers, building to an attempted jail break by The Owl and Purple Man and finishing with his parole.

And then move on to Iron Fist, with Cage out of jail and trying to rebuild his life, the Kingpin on trial, and ninjas... or something.

But you get the idea, yeah? Four series with four different tones, but all building off the same universe and shared groups of characters.

Oh, and I heard someone suggest the Netflix shows should take place in the seventies. How cool would that be?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd personally like to see these series to lead in to each other in much the same way as The Wire told a story about Baltimore with a rotating cast but changed the focus of the leads depending on the series.

Yeah, I was thinking similar things. Except...

Let Danny play a bigger role as someone on the board of directors for the Daily Planet
let's not tie Superman into this. That would be too much.

I'm doing great! It's been a long time. How are you?

Oh god. Moon Knight *drools*

Heh, I'm great too :)

I don't think we will have the Alias story, it's surely a PG series, and we had already a sort of detective thing with Skye and AoS.

The Pulse is a good idea, but we can't have JJ Jameson and the Daily Bugle, as it's a Sony thing.
Maybe Jessica Jones could work as a reporter with/against Christine Everhart (Leslie Bibb seen in IM1 and IM2), Chess Roberts (Olivia Munn seen in IM2), or the asian reporter (Jee-Yun Lee in TIH).

Last edited:
I hope the Jessica Jones series deals with her as a journalist rather than a PI, as that adds something unique to the line-up. I also hope they have the sense to do away with the grottiness of her rape ordeal.

That was when it/she was interesting! Pulse was completely watered down and completely average.

That was when it/she was interesting! Pulse was completely watered down and completely average.

Luckily they don't have to follow the comic stories to the letter.

I think a super powered journalist is a more interesting and unique take than a superhuman PI would be.

Kevin Feige discusses the Marvel Cinematic Infinity Gems

The Tesseract is the Space Gem. The
Aether from Thor the Dark World
is another, maybe Reality?

I think it was stated somewhere that
the Aether is the Power Gem, and that's why it's red

Infinity_Gems.jpg

Well Netflix seems to allow seem pretty dark content on their shows, so maybe content wise this show will be more similar to Alias then Pulse. They can always take aspects of Pulse and put them in the show, when they start running out of Alias material.

Just saw the new Thor. It doesn't look like there's a thread for it, so I'll post what I thought here. Overall, I liked it quite a bit. The film benefits from being set primarily on Asgard/off Earth. A couple of complaints though: 1) the villains are a bit underdeveloped, and their motivation isn't clear. 2) after some of the more emotional scenes they had odd jokes and bits of levity. It feels strange and takes away from the power of those emotional beats. There's some other small things that bothered me, but overall I like it quite a bit better than the first one. If I had to rank my favorite Marvel Studios films so far it would be: 1) Avengers, 2) Captain America, 3) Iron Man, 4) Thor 2, 5) Iron Man 2, 6) Thor, 7) Iron Man 3, and 8) The Incredible Hulk.

Well Netflix seems to allow seem pretty dark content on their shows, so maybe content wise this show will be more similar to Alias then Pulse. They can always take aspects of Pulse and put them in the show, when they start running out of Alias material.

While that's true, I doubt Marvel would want or allow the show to be too dark, given the tone of the rest of the universe. Could be, but I doubt we'll see a dark, adult approach to the material.

While that's true, I doubt Marvel would want or allow the show to be too dark, given the tone of the rest of the universe. Could be, but I doubt we'll see a dark, adult approach to the material.

I don't know. Diversifying their brands seems like a smart move.

Back