Marvel Zombies series discussion (spoilers)

Skimmed it at the store

Basically, the good guys utterly destroy the bad zombie guys. They defeat everyone, then begin the feast on Galactus. The final good guys were Wolvie, Spidey, Giant Man, Power Man, Hulk, and Iron Man. Red skull ripped out Colonel America's brain to kill him.

Then, five years later, T'Challa and the rest of the Asteriod gang land on the planet and detect no signs of any life, Zombie or otherwise. a robotic Wasp comes walking out, her head in some liquid and the rest of the body is a robot, confirms the readings.

Meanwhile, some random planet is shown and they say the destroyer of worlds is coming.

And the remaining heroes show up all resembling Galactus. They proceed to eat the world.

I did. I was a little underwhelmed.

Basically they DID defeat and eat Galactus. Cut to 5 years later, and the group that Janet was part of came back to Earth and found it completely void of life. They had no idea why.

Cut to an alien civilization (not sure who they are or their significance) and they discover Galactus is coming - except it's not Galactus, it's a collective of the zombies. Luke Cage, Giant Man, Iron Man, Hulk, Wolverine, & Spider-Man are shown. It ends with "The End?"

Spade said:
did anyone get this 2day? im not goin till friday but im dying to know what this big final page is:roll:

I'll put up a summary if no one else does in a bit (I'm doing school work) but the "big final page that 'ties into Ultimate Fantastic Four ( :roll: ) ...?'"

The survivors are stranded on Earth and have come to the conclusion that the zombies are all gone but wonder where they went.

The Zombies become the new "Galactus" or are mistaken by other worlds as Galactus. They show an alien world that fear the coming of Galactus but don't know what Galactus looks like. So when the Zombies show up on their world they call them "Galactus".

Don't really understand where the tie in was but it didn't make for a bad ending.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'll put up a summary if no one else does in a bit (I'm doing school work) but the "big final page that 'ties into Ultimate Fantastic Four ( :roll: ) ...?'"

Yeah, I totally don't get it.

Wait, so the Zombies as Galactus are supposed to tie into UFF? If so, that is lame.

ProjectX2 said:
Wait, so the Zombies as Galactus are supposed to tie into UFF? If so, that is lame.

Actually, I doubt thats how it'll play out. I suspect the Frightful arc will tie in with the events directly following the hero zombies taking out Galactus...I really can't see the whole cosmic powered zombie deal being used in UFF...though its possible.

am i the only person who thought issue 5 was great? i mean, we all pretty much knew what was going to happen. (at least i did) it was just done so well. i thought this mini was great, real funny. i kinda think the zombie thing should stop here though. and whatever happened to hawkeye's head?

iceman said:
am i the only person who thought issue 5 was great? i mean, we all pretty much knew what was going to happen. (at least i did) it was just done so well. i thought this mini was great, real funny. i kinda think the zombie thing should stop here though. and whatever happened to hawkeye's head?

In the Zombie-verse, the bullets weren't just tranquilizers.

TheManWithoutFear said:
One of the questions I have is Sentry's Power < Galactus' Cosmic Power?

In the Zombie-verse, maybe...remember, this isn't 616 so it isn't completely fair to judge their powers and abilities using that as a guideline...though so far every hero seems to possess the same powers as 616...the only difference (besides the Zombie Plague) is Cap is Colonel America.

DIrishB said:
In the Zombie-verse, maybe...remember, this isn't 616 so it isn't completely fair to judge their powers and abilities using that as a guideline...though so far every hero seems to possess the same powers as 616...the only difference (besides the Zombie Plague) is Cap is Colonel America.

What he said. In regular 616 Sentry fought Galactus to a standstill. But this ain't 616.

TheManWithoutFear said:
What did I miss?

I think it was just a throw-away line, in one of the original issues. We didn't actually see them fight.

ProjectX2 said:
I think it was just a throw-away line, in one of the original issues. We didn't actually see them fight.

Correct.

It was a good issue. I like the dry humor in it. The villain fight was great at the end. With Wolverine going to Sabertooth after killing Juggernaut. "Come here you". That was awesome. Spider-Man blasting a hole into Green Goblin. I really like Red Skull eating Con.America's brains and saying it was all worth it for that.
He should of yelled Avengers assemble at the end. :D

B

Due to the fact that Marvel Zombie #5 has sold out Marvel post a second print for #5 Feat. Zombie Surfer.

zombiesurfer.jpg

Newsarama said:
The concluding issue of the surprise success Marvel Zombies has sold out at Diamond and to the satisfaction of many, Marvel is going back to press on Marvel Zombies #5 with an all-new variant cover by Arthur Suydam.

This latest Zombie variant by Suydam is a undead homage to the cover of Silver Surfer #1.

Fans and critics cannot get enough of Kirkman's and Phillips disturbed story or Suydam's chilling covers.

Phil Hunn of Comixfan.com says "Robert Kirkman can write zombies like nobody except George Romero, and if you're not aboard the zombie gravy train…you're really missing out."

Troy Brownfield of Newsarama.com says, "The final issue of one of the best mini-series I have read in quite a few years. Not only do the covers of this series make the price of admission worthwhile, it's the story and art inside that really elevates this series into the stratosphere, literally and figuratively."

Marvel Zombies #5 may signify the end of an incredibly successful series, but don't forget to see how the series ties back to the Ultimate Universe with Ultimate Fantastic Four #30. The gore doesn't stop with this latest sellout.

:sure:

Latest posts

Back