Avengers Mighty Avengers Series Discussion **SPOILERS**

I'm pretty sure it was the Skrull Elektra and than flashbacked to when she was replaced.

Right, but it also revealed that she replaced the actual Elektra.

It still doesn't explain how she was still alive or why she would break out Sauron.

Right, but it also revealed that she replaced the actual Elektra.

It still doesn't explain how she was still alive or why she would break out Sauron.

I'm not sure what you mean.

I was saying it was the Elektra Skrull that started the breakout with Elektra. I'm still not sure why. But they made a comment about they "accidentally" put the Avengers back together.

Who knows where the real Elektra is now, no one knows where any of them are.

I was saying it was the Elektra Skrull that started the breakout with Elektra. I'm still not sure why. But they made a comment about they "accidentally" put the Avengers back together

Hmmm...I don't think so. Why would she get killed/beat up by another Skrull?

I don't remember the point they made the "accidentally getting the Avengers back together" comment on and what event it was so I'd have to look at that. But I really don't think it was a Skrull who commissioned Electro.

Hmmm...I don't think so. Why would she get killed/beat up by another Skrull?

I don't remember the point they made the "accidentally getting the Avengers back together" comment on and what event it was so I'd have to look at that. But I really don't think it was a Skrull who commissioned Electro.

I read it as it was a skrull Elektra who commissioned Electro. (not necessarily the skrull that real Elektra killed, just a skrull) And real Elektra is deceased. (at least she looked that way in a pool of her own blood)

Skrull Elektra never fought other skrulls.

I read it as it was a skrull Elektra who commissioned Electro. (not necessarily the skrull that real Elektra killed, just a skrull) And real Elektra is deceased. (at least she looked that way in a pool of her own blood)

Skrull Elektra never fought other skrulls.

Then I'm totally lost.

Are you saying that Electra and Skrull Electra were existing concurrently without real Electra's knowledge?

Then I'm totally lost.

Are you saying that Electra and Skrull Electra were existing concurrently without real Electra's knowledge?

Um...I hope not. :?

Electra and skrull Electra fought. Electra (real) killed skrull Electra. Then skrull DD and Wolverine show up and she kills/beats both skrull DD and skrull wolvie before she is "killed" by an x-men skrull and replaced. The skrull replacement then hires Electro etc etc etc....

Electra and skrull Electra fought. Electra (real) killed skrull Electra. Then skrull DD and Wolverine show up and she kills/beats both skrull DD and skrull wolvie before she is "killed" by an x-men skrull and replaced. The skrull replacement then hires Electro etc etc etc....

Ah. I had it backward.

I was confuzled. Not the first time a Bendis comic has done that to me.

I understand now, but why did they not have it in order, it felt really displaced that segment

I understand now, but why did they not have it in order, it felt really displaced that segment

I think it was order. What made it hard was there was hardly any dialog, just action and the only way to tell the 2 Electra's apart was Skrullectra had a black outfit on and real Electra had a red one. And there are frames where the coloring isn't really clear as to who is who. And the way skrulls kept popping up. I think all in all it took 4 skrulls before she was brought down.

It could have been done better but I thjought it made sense anyway. I guess knowing where they were going with it kind of helped.

What I didn't get was the conversation between skrull queen and skrullectra. is it implying that skrullectra allowed herself to be killed by Echo as part of the plan?

What I didn't get was the conversation between skrull queen and skrullectra. is it implying that skrullectra allowed herself to be killed by Echo as part of the plan?

Seems like it.

It was one of the most pointless things.

It did not add anything new at all.

I assume this is in response to issue #19, and would completely agree. I guess this shows that Marvel Boy found out the resurrected Captain Marvel was a Skrull, and I assume this influences or inspires him to take up the mantle? I don't know what happens with that, and I'm not sure I care.

Also, where as the New Avengers tie-ins are written OK just pointless and kind of boring, this issue was horribly written. I'd hate to see the script Pham had to work with because it looked like Bendis was making him tell the story by himself, and it didn't work. And all of the back-and-forth dialogue about "I am Mar-Vell/I am a Skrull" was hard to follow and didn't really tell me anything.

I love that this thread is rated one star.

The book sucks so much we even hate discussing how much we hate it.

So the black figures from the beginning of New avengers were the skrulls? what a let down.

I wonder whatever happened to the story this cover went with

583285-ares_marko_djurdjevic19cv_su.jpg

would have been nice to see a comic focusing on Ares again

http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale...comics/onsale/covers/0109/MIGHTAVN021_COV.jpg
http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale...comics/onsale/covers/0209/MIGHTAVN022_COV.jpg
http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale...comics/onsale/covers/0309/MIGHTAVN023_cov.jpg

so, the new line up is
Wasp (Hank Pym)
Jocasta
Scarlet Witch
US Agent (I guess Omega flight didn't work out for him)
Hercules
Iron Man
Stature
Vision
Hulk

The only reason I care at all is b/c it seems like the chances for a continuation of the Young Avengers series are pretty slim at this point

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back