Avengers Mighty Avengers Series Discussion **SPOILERS**

So all you guys liked this issue of Mighty Avengers? really? I picked it up because it had Nick Fury, and because I wanted to try Bendis again, and it ended up reinforcing everything I dislike about his writing.

Nothing happened. Bendis writes his conversations with the quick, snappy style of film noir and detective fiction, which can be witty and slick, but none of the characters ever say anything witty. Plus, uh, nothing happened that the reader couldn't have pieced together on their own. Nick Fury's hanging out hunting Skrulls. Good for him.

Oh, and apparently the only trick Nick Fury has up his sleeve is invisibility. Fury doesn't need cunning or a sharp tactical mind. He's the Invisible Man!

You'll have to kick them in the balls too.

Read it. If it weren't for the cover saying so you would never guess it's an issue of Mighty Avengers.

You think I won't?

The ball kicking and issue reading I mean.

Doom's just grumpy because he thought the first arc was awesome. :p

Not the arc....just the first couple of issues.

Not one of my brighter UC moments.

Another really good episode of Mighty Avengers. If it was more like this month to month, i'd actually read the damn thing. I still think this story would be better suited for New Avengers, though.

As much as i've loved these last 2 issues, one thing bugs me

this is the same damn set up as Young Avengers, replace fury and daisy with Iron Lad and swap out the howling commando's with the rest of the YA and it's the same set-up

but i really like these new characters, well except yoyo, and probably the 616 version of what bendis did with Kong in USM (can't remember the Dr. Druids son guys name)

But I love Yo-yo, i love that we have a Puerto Rican speedster.

To bad she never got her purse back.

Last edited:
well how would anyone know about Phobos from ancient greece if he's only like 10 years old?

you'd think even with retarded aging he'd be in his early 20's by now, and plus wouldn't he notice living for thousands of years?

I mean why would he have a wikipedia page if even he didn't know he was a god?

I never finished the mini, but Ares seemed out for character with how he talked to his son.

Again, Not Really and it's not like he treated him badly. He told him to go straight to the house, he didn't so he got mad.

Basically, in the mini, Ares' son is kidnapped by evil Japanese gods. He is then told of his godly lineage and brainwashed into turning against his father.

The war Ares wages to get his son back lasts for years. By the end of the mini, Ares' son Alex is damn near 15-16 and fully aware of his power. But he's not the God of Fear. While correct in a real historical aspect, Alex isn't named as the god of anything in Marvel's history.

So now we have what looks to be an 8-year old boy who is seemingly unaware of his lineage.

It would've been better if Alex was as he was at the end of the mini. Just trying to be a normal teenager, but aware that his father is the God of War.

Basically, in the mini, Ares' son is kidnapped by evil Japanese gods. He is then told of his godly lineage and brainwashed into turning against his father.

The war Ares wages to get his son back lasts for years. By the end of the mini, Ares' son Alex is damn near 15-16 and fully aware of his power. But he's not the God of Fear. While correct in a real historical aspect, Alex isn't named as the god of anything in Marvel's history.

So now we have what looks to be an 8-year old boy who is seemingly unaware of his lineage.

Skrull

Gods have always filled allegorical roles, so I think it makes sense that while the original Phobos probably died back in BC, Alexander has fulfilled his role...

So, in the previews for the new FF this week, there was a big banner saying we gotta read MA 11 first. Anyone care to encapsulate what happened in it?

Latest posts

Back