Avengers Mighty Avengers Series Discussion **SPOILERS**

So, in the previews for the new FF this week, there was a big banner saying we gotta read MA 11 first. Anyone care to encapsulate what happened in it?

I believe all you really need to know is that
a skrull that looks like Sue goes into the Baxter Building and sends the FF headquarters into the negative zone with Ben, Johnny and the kids in tow.

But I think that happend in one of the SI books, not MA.

Wait, i was wrong, it was newsarama. Here it is:

MAY21_Picture44.jpg

Last edited:
After going back and reading the solit for MA #11, I see it's 'cuz in MA #11 dealt with Doom and now he's coming back here (as was shown for the cover for this issue or the next of FF).

Yeah, he'll probably break out of prison in this issue of FF.

Hate to up the geek factor, but has anyone noticed the two differences between the photos in the last panel of MA 12 and the last panel of MA13?

a) A blue circle has moved from Namor to Tony
b) The guy next to Lockjaw (no idea who he is) now has a red circle.

Is this just nonsense to drive geeks crazy?

After reading the Solit for Mighty Avengers #17, I am convinced that Noh-Varr is going to become the new Captain Marvel

this angers me greatly

IBut wait---there's another Level 10 no one knew about. Black Widow!

She realizes that its up to her to run the show and she goes for it full force. Seeing her stand there in her sexy skintight ninja suit and barking orders stirred up a rumbling in the naughty bits.......and in Ares' too. Seeing him with a thought bubble that just reads ":heart:" was hilarious.

I read some of this - I think the moment above was simultaneuously the worst and best moment of the series.

I also like how it ties in with new avengers, and I think the though bubbles is to do with the whole distrust issues. I think this Bendis era of marvel is actually alright in terms of long overarching story, the whole secret war -> dissassembled -> pulling strings -> civil war -> secret invasion. I didn't really like civil war, but that's the one that isn't bendis.

Cho's art was well good what else has he drawn?

I just read #13 and #14 and it's shocking how this book has done a complete 180 as far as quality goes.

#13 had Fury gathering the subject of his Caterpillar files, including Ares's son. I liked the Layla Miller scene. Very cryptic and creepy.

#14 - I'm having trouble recognizing who the disguised Skrulls are. Obviously Jarvis - but is that Jess Drew, Elektra, & Pym? Who is the fat brown haired guy and the eyes in the shadows?

4/5 for both.

I just read #13 and #14 and it's shocking how this book has done a complete 180 as far as quality goes.

#13 had Fury gathering the subject of his Caterpillar files, including Ares's son. I liked the Layla Miller scene. Very cryptic and creepy.

#14 - I'm having trouble recognizing who the disguised Skrulls are. Obviously Jarvis - but is that Jess Drew, Elektra, & Pym? Who is the fat brown haired guy and the eyes in the shadows?

4/5 for both.

You need to read X-Factor for full blown Layla Miller awesome. She is Quicksilver's arch-nemesis.

#15 was another gem. I just can't believe this is the same book as 10 issues ago.

Basically it's the story of how Hank Pym came to be replaced by a Skrull - she was disguised as some babe he met at a lecture after he and Janet broke up (again).

Solid 4/5.

So if the skrull that replaced Pym is female and she had sex with Tigra........

Also, Skrull pym is cooler than regular Pym.

Re: #16

The art wasn't very good and it was hard to tell what was going on.

So...it was Elektra (the real one) that commissioned Electro to bust everyone out of the raft?

And she was later attacked by Skrull who suddenly turned into Ghost Rider with boobs, even though everything we've seen so far points to the "new" transformation methods used by the Skrulls is much more difficult to do?

And then she's attacked by Cyclops/Nightcrawler/Daredevil and Reed Richards/Wolverine, kills then both, and is beat up by Super Skrull (?), whi then becomes the Elektra that is killed by Echo?

Convoluted. Blech.

Too bad, because this book had been really good the last few issues.

Yeah i read 16 and was like what, the real Elektra organised the breakout?
Thought that did not make sense?
There was no real motivation for Sauron to be broken out?
And so real Elektra is dead?
Still i like these "back storys" of the people who were replaced.

Latest posts

Back