Avengers Mighty Avengers Series Discussion **SPOILERS**

http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale...comics/onsale/covers/0109/MIGHTAVN021_COV.jpg
http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale...comics/onsale/covers/0209/MIGHTAVN022_COV.jpg
http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale...comics/onsale/covers/0309/MIGHTAVN023_cov.jpg

so, the new line up is
Wasp (Hank Pym)
Jocasta
Scarlet Witch
US Agent (I guess Omega flight didn't work out for him)
Hercules
Iron Man
Stature
Vision
Hulk

The only reason I care at all is b/c it seems like the chances for a continuation of the Young Avengers series are pretty slim at this point

Well, at least Hulk's character work has a chance of not sucking.

Hulkling doesn't look like Hulk (although he is a shape shifter, but then again, it may be Mystique)

and is this still the Initiative team? I dropped all Avengers titles after Secret Invasion and I think I'll just get the NA trades.

I think it's been about two years since we were told Young avengers was continuing as soon as Heinburg had an open schedule. I say pass the damn torch so we don't see any more good characters wasted on a crappy title.

so, the new line up is
Wasp (Hank Pym)
Jocasta
Scarlet Witch
Hercules
Iron Man
Stature
Vision
Hulk

Wow, that sounds totally awesome.

And by totally awesome, I mean retarded. US Agent? Seriously?

Mighty Avengers 21 = Epic.
Read it!

I have to disagree. It was "meh" at best. I can appreciate Wanda showing up again. But was she time hopping or are all those heroes really dead only to be magically brought back at the end of the arc?

I am sick to death of Hank Pym's hurt feelings already. And him renaming his Yellowjacket identity to Wasp is just kinda.....gay.

And Hulk smashes out from under 1000 tons of ice. (2,000,000 lbs)
So why don't we just say it already....Hulk can lift anything. OK. He gets mad and he can bench press the earth. With one hand.

And the cliffhanger at the end was lame and predictable.

http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale...comics/onsale/covers/0109/MIGHTAVN021_COV.jpg
http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale...comics/onsale/covers/0209/MIGHTAVN022_COV.jpg
http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale...comics/onsale/covers/0309/MIGHTAVN023_cov.jpg

so, the new line up is
Wasp (Hank Pym)
Jocasta
Scarlet Witch
Hercules
Iron Man
Stature
Vision
Hulk

The only reason I care at all is b/c it seems like the chances for a continuation of the Young Avengers series are pretty slim at this point
I haven't read Marvel since the middle of Secret Invasion, so excuse me if the following sounds kinda, well, comic-illiterate.

Why is Hank Pym now called "Wasp?" Wasp died, right? That's what I was told. But why would you take on your estranged ex-wife's codename just because she died? Sure, I can see him doing it as a "tribute" to his dead partner, but I didn't see Batman rename himself Robin when Jason died.

Where in the HELL did Wanda come from? Last time I saw her, she had been boinking Hawkeye and doing funny magic things to doorknobs.

Hulk and Iron Man on the same team? Didn't Hulk just kick the living crap out of Iron Man and all of humanity like a year ago? Oh you, Marvel, with your never-consistent status quo.

As for the rest, it's a really big "meh." Do we really need Jocasta AND Vision? Jocasta period, for that matter. US Agent, Stature, and Hercules? Whatever. I suppose US Agent fills the obligatory Captain America spot that every Avengers team seems to need, and Hercules fills the god role that they always have. But why do we even need Stature? There's already Pym, not to mention Stature is just...blah, whatever.

I'm not impressed. I haven't been impressed by Marvel's main titles in a long time. Some of their books are good, like Nova, but those books are also severely underrated. Maybe DC's consistency in bringing home the bacon in the last few years has elevated my palate to a level Marvel just can't match right now.

Last edited:
The issue itself was pretty bad. It was huge magic upheavel, and the Witch gathering everyone in the old Avengers team, of course those people weren't available because the magics were killing him. So she basically gathers all she can find, then gets to Wasp, who is talking to Hercules and Amadues Cho, plus Jarvis for some reason about being a hero and all that jazz. Jocosta is there as well. Insert Doctor Who joke, and then they go outside, and BAM witch shows up tells Hank to be a hero, so he does and says Avenger's Assemble, and BAM the rest of them show up.

That's all I got. Oh, and Iron Man is in Orbit, observing everything going on Earth. He's not part of the team yet.

For the big return of Scarlet Witch, that was it? Seriously?

Why does Marvel constantly change everything only to change it again? Why invent Tony with Extremis, only to take it away again? Why have the Hulk destroy half of New York and making him more intelligent, only to turn him into classic Hulk again?

I don't like Jarvis or Hank Pym. I can't stand robot-human relationships.

This book is almost everything wrong with Marvel.

And what the hell is going on with Quicksilver? He's not dead or what the hell.

Last edited:
For the big return of Scarlet Witch, that was it? Seriously?

Why does Marvel constantly change everything only to change it again? Why invent Tony with Extremis, only to take it away again? Why have the Hulk destroy half of New York and making him more intelligent, only to turn him into classic Hulk again?

I don't like Jarvis or Hank Pym. I can't stand robot-human relationships.

This book is almost everything wrong with Marvel.

And what the hell is going on with Quicksilver? He's not dead or what the hell.

Yeah. That sounds about right.

People on Newsarama are *****ing about Khoi Pham's art.

There were a lot of things wrong with this issue, but the art was as good as you could do with such a rushed, meandering plot. The failure in this first issue falls on Slott, not Pham.

People on Newsarama are *****ing about Khoi Pham's art.

There were a lot of things wrong with this issue, but the art was as good as you could do with such a rushed, meandering plot. The failure in this first issue falls on Slott, not Pham.

Totally agreed. I didn't care much for the art, but it's probably the least important thing to complain about in this issue.

Latest posts

Back