Milk is vile and disgusting

No, no. We know you're serious.
I mean come on! We are probably the ONLY creatures on the planet that thinks drinking milk from animals that aren't even the same genus as us human beings.

You'd think if we can turn the man-handling of mammals for their lactic secretions into a highly profitable large scale industry that is the cornerstone of the Western diet, we could do it to our own people.

What is seriously wrong with that?

People give blood for money. People donate organs for money. People donate their sperm and eggs for money.

On what level is commercially available breastmilk wrong, except within the wussy minds of people who think it should be taboo because they don't want to think about human titties when they drink it?

I mean come on! We are probably the ONLY creatures on the planet that thinks drinking milk from animals that aren't even the same genus as us human beings.

You'd think if we can turn the man-handling of mammals for their lactic secretions into a highly profitable large scale industry that is the cornerstone of the Western diet, we could do it to our own people.

People give blood for money. People donate organs for money. People donate their sperm and eggs for money.

On what level is commercially available breastmilk wrong, except within the wussy minds of people who think it should be taboo because they don't want to think about human titties when they drink it?
The weird (and scary) point is that you're right.

Oh God I'm scared now.

The weird (and scary) point is that you're right.

Oh God I'm scared now.
The only other option is to mentally confront the reality of the cow-titties everytime you drink your milk.

I have just uncooled the dairy industry. I am totally culture jamming.

They should make breastmilk available in the supermarket.

That is all.

I mean, seriously.
:? But drinking breastmilk out of a jar takes out all of the fun of drinking it in the first place.
STORY TIME!

One sec. I think I see Michael Jackson bringing some Jesus Juice. I mean milk.
Hmm. Since when did milk come in a Coca-Cola can? And since when did it taste like red wine with sleeping pills ground into it?

u jus luv teh b00bees.

:? But drinking breastmilk out of a jar takes out all of the fun of drinking it in the first place.

u jus luv teh b00bees.
Well... no.

But I do think that a commercial breastmilk industry would lead to some pretty perverse marketing ideas. Ten years down the line, when Lindsay Lohan no longer has a career, there will be Lindsay Lohan brand breastmilk.

Acquiring breast milk for mass production is impractical, because (and correct me if I'm wrong) woman only lactate after giving birth so you can't just hiring one lady to get her milk for however long that last than have her go through 9 months of pregnancy to use her again. You would need a very large number of women to keep up demand. Unlike cows where they can all be held in one area for easy extraction and dont have the whole pro-choice thing and their population is control through the beef industry.

Last edited:
Acquiring breast milk for mass production is impractical, because (and correct me if I'm wrong) woman only lactate after giving birth so you can't just hiring one lady to get her milk for however long that last than have her go through 9 months of pregnancy to use her again. You would need a very large number of women to keep up demand. Unlike cows where they can all be held in one area for easy extraction and dont have the whole pro-choice thing and their population is control through the beef industry.
You know too much....

*Plots*

:shifty:

Well... no.

But I do think that a commercial breastmilk industry would lead to some pretty perverse marketing ideas. Ten years down the line, when Lindsay Lohan no longer has a career, there will be Lindsay Lohan brand breastmilk.

TOG would drink that.

Well, I never said it had to be mass produced. Sure, mass production would make it cheaper, but making breast milk a commercial product on such terms would probably render it into a luxury good like certain kinds of shellfish and alcoholic beverages or caviar.

Fine, when I said "available in the supermarket" that probably implied mass production, but they sell lots of non-mass produced goods in the supermarket (like caviar) so there.

Oh and correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there exceptions to post-pregnancy lactation? As far as I know, there are such things as 'wet nurses' --- women who are hired for the express purpose of breastfeeding babies for mothers who (for some insane reason) don't seem to find the time and/or care enough to breastfeed their own children --- but I don't exactly know how that works on a biological level.

Oh and correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there exceptions to post-pregnancy lactation? As far as I know, there are such things as 'wet nurses' --- women who are hired for the express purpose of breastfeeding babies for mothers who (for some insane reason) don't seem to find the time and/or care enough to breastfeed their own children --- but I don't exactly know how that works on a biological level.

Women produce milk as long as they breastfeed. My wife knew of a very weird family whose kids were like 7 or 8 and still breastfeeding. Yeah, gross.

So yes, the woman would have to be pregnant first, but as long as they kept "milking" her she would keep producing.

In health class in high school, we were taught its possible before pregancy, too.

I wouldn't doubt it. A woman's body can trick itself into thinking it's pregnant, but I don't know how that can be duplicated intentionally. Maybe with drugs or hormones, but we get enough of that in cow's milk. :sick:

Women produce milk as long as they breastfeed. My wife knew of a very weird family whose kids were like 7 or 8 and still breastfeeding. Yeah, gross.

So yes, the woman would have to be pregnant first, but as long as they kept "milking" her she would keep producing.

This was a common practice in the South before the Civil War. The plantation owners didn't want their wives to have saggy boobs (to put it bluntly), so they would make sure at least one of the Black women was a milk maid as they called it, a female who would always be milking.

I wouldn't doubt it. A woman's body can trick itself into thinking it's pregnant, but I don't know how that can be duplicated intentionally.

Yes, a women's body can trick itself into being pregnant, and is very common. It can also trick a pregnancy test, and they boobs will leak periodically. Antibodies and other prescription drugs (for reasons I don't know) can also cause the boobs to milk.

Maybe with drugs or hormones, but we get enough of that in cow's milk. :sick:

Didn't I point out already that the pasterization process gets rid of these hormones?

*is just speechless for once*

*stays away ffrom comment*

Last edited:
This was a common practice in the South before the Civil War. The plantation owners didn't want their wives to have saggy boobs (to put it bluntly), so they would make sure at least one of the Black women was a milk maid as they called it, a female who would always be milking.
Yeah, that's pretty much ANOTHER reason those 'wet nurses' I mentioned still exist. I've heard rumors that rich women concerned with appearances here in the Philippines feed their babies on someone else's titties for the same reason.

Ultimate Houde said:
Didn't I point out already that the pasterization process gets rid of these hormones?
And even if they didn't, it's not like we don't drink milk from animals subjected to hormones as well. I'm not saying that I want us all to drink hormone-treated milk, cow or otherwise, nor am I saying we should 'believe' that pasteurization removes this or not.

The point I want to make is that a commercial breastmilk industry is just as healthy/unhealthy and financially viable as the dairy industry whose existence we never seem to question --- with the same potential: negative or positive.

The point I want to make is that a commercial breastmilk industry is just as healthy/unhealthy and financially viable as the dairy industry whose existence we never seem to question --- with the same potential: negative or positive.

YOu would have to market it in suych a way to get past the stigmata that is associated with breast milk and adults.

YOu would have to market it in suych a way to get past the stigmata that is associated with breast milk and adults.
What is the stigma associated with adults? Did you mean the stigma adults associate with breasts? I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be snippy, I'm just confused by the phraseology of your statement.

In any case, I think the only real stigma to overcome is the general repulsion towards confronting human anatomy that most moral authorities have. But I already said that.

Regardless, I think it's really silly that we consider the boobies of an animal a non-taboo dairy resource, but the boobies of our own species a taboo one. Some people give out blood, sell hair, donate sperm. How bad could breastmilk really be?

Mind you, I'm not promoting this because I have a DESIRE for breastmilk. It's just a thought I've been having and I feel that it's a natural course to follow from the way science and commerce have traditionally collaborated.

Latest posts

Back