Moon Knight Series Discussion (Spoilers)

Re: MoonKnight Series Discussion (Spoilers)

I read it. 3 weeks ago though, so excuse me if my description is not too detailed.

So Moon Knight kicks *** for 8 pages. Then it turns out that it wasn't really happening, it was in his head and he was actually crippled. You see he's in a wheel chair, with 2 half legs (they were broken extremely badly in the past), and an alcoholic, and the issue ends with him clutching the robe off the moon god statue thinking how much he hated being the hero, but he prays to the god that he could be again. Art was good.

anyway, yeah it was a good issue. not good enough to become one of my 4 books though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moonknight was great. The art was fantastic and I loved the ending.

A-

Last edited:

I picked up the first issue and enjoyed it. Great combination of a re-introduction and cliffhanger.

I'll check up on this and probably get it in TPB.

Excellent issue. I plan to get this series but it was an extremely quick read. The only time I've ever had a complaint about decompression. Almost a preview to the series, its been described elsewhere as similar to a movie trailer. Beautiful art.

Nice read. I LOVE Finch's art.

Since it's still in the early stages of the story---I'll give it one arc before I decide to keep or drop it.

Loved this. Can't wait to see where this goes.

In the late 70's and early 80's my Uncle worked the dock at UPS. Each month, a box of comics would "dissapear" and end up in my house, lol.

Moon Knight, Nova, Ghost Rider, Doctor Strange, ROM and The Micronauts were my comics back in the day. MK & Nova were my top list had to have comics.

I always loved Moon Knight because of the depth of his character. I never compared him to Batman, though now as an adult I can see why people have and still do.

Moon Knight is insane. He's got at least 4 personalities floating in his head. Different writers have taken different looks at this hero over the years. I loved Bendis' Ultimization of the character in the Warriors Arc.

Charlie Houston has kicked arse with issue 1, without a doubt, and this is now the only non-Ultimate title I collect (until new Dr. Strange & Ghost Rider titels come out!). I love Finch's art. So gritty, has a 70's Neal Adams look to it (which I'm sure will drag out more Batman references!).

I loved it so much I went on Ebay last night and got the first 3 issues of his original early 1980's run for under a dollar (And I call Luke Cage low rent?!?!?)! I've got a 10.00 bid in for the rest of the first series. I will work on the balance of series as I get capital, lol.

leather_w0lf said:
In the late 70's and early 80's my Uncle worked the dock at UPS. Each month, a box of comics would "dissapear" and end up in my house, lol.

Awesome.

Of course that was Bushman in those panels! I forgot to mention that before.

Taskmaster coming? Really? I thought he was dead, and his name ain't Snake Plisskin.

Got the first 3 issues of the orignal 1980's run of Moon Knight in the mail yesterday.

Talk about sweet nostalgia.

And the adds for legos and 1.98 army men brought back too many memories, lol.

I like the direction Houston has taken this character in the new run. You can see that Moench would have done the same if he could have 26 years ago.

Latest posts

Back