Avengers New Avengers: Dark Reign (#48+) (Spoilers)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
WARNING! Spoilers are involved (though still hidden because it's future spoilers).

Lying in the Gutters:

If you are following the current Avengers plotlines, then consider this a massive spoiler warning! Do not look at the Dynamic Forces listings in the current Previews.

Because while Marvel chose not to show the cover to "New Avengers" #48 setting out the new team, Dynamic Forces, who publish signed copies of a number of key books, did.

This is a censored copy of the small thumbnail published in "Previews." Click on the image for the full New Avengers lineup. Note this is a scan of a very small image printed on news print, thus the low quality.

Also, watch out for the recently published Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe Volume 4, where the Nick Fury entry is a bit of a "Secret Invasion" giveaway. For those with spoilery stomachs, highlight the following white text.

"Fury, the FF, the Avengers, and others ultimately drove away the Skrulls from earth, but not without heavy casualties among humans and Skrulls alike".

Like you're actually surprised.

LITG is not in a habit of publishing spoilers to upcoming stories. But when the companies involved spoil the stories themselves, well, it's fair game.

Bucky joining New Avengers - AWESOME.

I liked the team post-Civil War the best. :(

That team looks a little light

Danny should stick around, but I've got a feeling Bendy doesn't like him so I won't be surprised if he's shipped off.

WHO'S RONIN THIS TIME!?!?!?!?!?

I like to see Bucky on the team and how that works. Him becoming Cap really turned out superb, better than I could ever think.

I hope Danny is not on the team - I like him getting the exposure, BUT

in his own title, he is AWESOME. In NA, he is just a joke that seems to get tossed around by everyone. No cool moments or lines, because that might detract from Spidey or Wolverine.

At least Cage is handled well, and is still there.

I hope Danny is not on the team - I like him getting the exposure, BUT

in his own title, he is AWESOME. In NA, he is just a joke that seems to get tossed around by everyone. No cool moments or lines, because that might detract from Spidey or Wolverine.

At least Cage is handled well, and is still there.

Exposure would be him showing up in other books. Still, where are the NA staying now since they were using one of Danny's buildings as an HQ.

Exposure would be him showing up in other books. Still, where are the NA staying now since they were using one of Danny's buildings as an HQ.

He's shown up in other books, Invincible Iron Man, and Daredevil for example

But Danny in the NA has been a total waste, especially while Yu was still on art. I always thought he would have been a great fit, but I think it would have to be under a different writer, I'm not sure Bendis get's how to write Iron Fist.

Really the bulk of the last roster of NA has been one big missed chance, Dr. Strange I don't even want to talk about, good god did Bendy screw that pooch.

New Avengers: Dark Reign discussion (#48+)

The new new New Avengers assemble and try to track down the Jarvis Skrull. They enlist the Fantastic Four and Reed says NYC is the biggest city in the world (huh? How big is the Marvel Universe New York?). They find some Skrull disguised as a SHIELD agent in a bar and try to get her help but another agent kills her.

At the end, Luke Cage goes to Osborn and asks for help.

Re: New Avengers: Dark Reign discussion (#48+)

The new new New Avengers assemble and try to track down the Jarvis Skrull. They enlist the Fantastic Four and Reed says NYC is the biggest city in the world (huh? How big is the Marvel Universe New York?). They find some Skrull disguised as a SHIELD agent in a bar and try to get her help but another agent kills her.

At the end, Luke Cage goes to Osborn and asks for help.

And apparently due to the assumed breakdown of SHIELD, Carol Danvers has joined them. So has Mockingbird. And the real Jessica Drew. Their new meeting place is Bucky's house. Danny quit the team but said he'd be willing to help whenever needed.

I thought it was good but geez they are reinventing this team every dozen or so issues.

Desperate Luke Cage was good.

I wonder how the new HQ will play out in Cap's own book. Bru did a really good job of keeping the team in the background while not ignoring them before all this but I'll be interested to see how he handles it.

I just wish I knew what the big deal was about Mockingbird.

And apparently due to the assumed breakdown of SHIELD, Carol Danvers has joined them. So has Mockingbird. And the real Jessica Drew. Their new meeting place is Bucky's house. Danny quit the team but said he'd be willing to help whenever needed.

I thought it was good but geez they are reinventing this team every dozen or so issues.

Desperate Luke Cage was good.

I wonder how the new HQ will play out in Cap's own book. Bru did a really good job of keeping the team in the background while not ignoring them before all this but I'll be interested to see how he handles it.

I just wish I knew what the big deal was about Mockingbird.

I think the big deal is she has been dead for 20 years and she was Hawkeye's most important love interest, besides she's got nothing.

Anyway regarding the dark reign itself,I like the concept of dark reign, a group of super villains managing to win and take power, but the circumstances around Norman Osborn are pretty stupid. Come on, making Norman Osborn a known psychotic murderer into the most powerful man in the world and no one has a problem with it.

I think the big deal is she has been dead for 20 years and she was Hawkeye's most important love interest, besides she's got nothing.

Anyway regarding the dark reign itself,I like the concept of dark reign, a group of super villains managing to win and take power, but the circumstances around Norman Osborn are pretty stupid. Come on, making Norman Osborn a known psychotic murderer into the most powerful man in the world and no one has a problem with it.
No one would make him the most powerful man. He's very powerful right now, but certainly not the top guy in the world, let alone the U.S.

No one would make him the most powerful man. He's very powerful right now, but certainly not the top guy in the world, let alone the U.S.

He controls an army of metahumans, that makes him pretty damn powerful and considering he is known psychotic murderer, him getting that position makes no sense, do know how much screening someone would have go through to get a plum position like that and how many media questions there would be about him?

It would be like giving OJ Simpson, federal authority because he shot Osama bin Laden on national TV, that doesn't work in real life.

Latest posts

Back