Avengers New Avengers discussion (#1-20; spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear said:
The costume was in the house. What other options would he have?

You tell me - you're the one complaining! :D

I havn't read the issue yet but I"ve heard some complaints about the Wrecker saying he had a power a god. Don't know why people are angry about it, seeing as how he does. Karnilla, the Norn Queen, ended up giving him magical god-like power that was supposed to go revitilize Loki's powers. So, there you go, Bendis was using his coninuity head on that one.

Contrary to popular thought and fanfics, JB, I am in no way a robot or a Ultron ready to do the bidding of my masters. A robot would never be able to make as many puns as I do on an hourly basis. And if you find one I have a duck to sell you that some nutball just sent me.

UltimateE said:
You tell me - you're the one complaining! :D
glad you asked because the only other option would be having someone else go in and get it for him. Like if he had thugs but that would make Wrecker a leader type and that's apparently not what he is. You might find that hypocritical at first glance because I'm going on and on about changing the character so let me explain. I don't want Wrecker's status as a villain changed I just wanted the way he was written to be a little more mature and modern.

So they only options are getting the crow bar himself or sending someone in and chooseing the latter changes the character to a new degree and not just reshapeing him, which is what I was looking for.

Johnny Bravo said:
Hey Bass,quick q.

If you hate Bendis so much why do you keep buying his stuff?

Er... I don't. The last Bendis comic I bought was the 6th part to the USM Hobgoblin arc.

Er... I don't. The last Bendis comic I bought was the 6th part to the USM Hobgoblin arc.

Wait, you havn't bought it then what are you doing in this thread. Why would you judge something just by what someone spoilers for you. Who could commit these kind crimes? :):wink:

Ultxon said:
Wait, you havn't bought it then what are you doing in this thread. Why would you judge something just by what someone spoilers for you. Who could commit these kind crimes? :):wink:
*COUGHGWCOUGH*

I said I didn't buy Bendis issues. I never said I didn't read them.

Here's what happens. I hear of a comic, let's call it, "The Blam Factory Saga". It's supposed to be good. All the webzines go on about how great its creative team is, and the good folk here at UC go on about the greatness. So, I walk into my comic store, and there is "The Blam Factory Saga" on the shelf. I pick it up, and give it a quick read through. Just very cursory, and I stop myself once I've decided to pick it up. If I get to the end of the issue, I come on the board and proclaim how incredibly brilliant I am for seeing through the comic and realising its ****.

For example, Runaways #2 pops up on the shelf. I pick it up, and stop flipping once I get to page 2. New Avengers' Sentry arc (I love the Sentry mini) comes out. I get as far as I can through the issue before I put it back.

So, read #7. Thought it wasn't worth the money. Didn't buy it. Okay? :)

New Avengers #10 variant cover.

From Newsarama:

Marvel has released a preview of the final of four "Sentry" Silver Age-inspired incentive variant covers for the current New Avengers arc (#7-10). This last cover is Sal Buscema's cover to New Avengers #10.

Neal Adams provided the variant for issue #7, John Romita Sr. handles #8, and Herb Trimpe #9.

The cover can be seen by clicking at the link above.

I don't really like this one. But of course I'll get it anyway.

Ultimate Warrior said:
Buzzscope has a last minute preview of New Avengers #8 that will hit the stores tomorrow.

Hope you all (read UltimateE) will like it. :wink:

Awesomeness - thanks Warrior! :D

Hey! It's the Sentry!

Far out!

COOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Latest posts

Back