Avengers New Avengers discussion (#1-20; spoilers)

New Avengers #8 Discussion (Spoilers)

I read this and I thought hey, that was pretty good...

Then I realized that this is where fans say this arc could have been shorter because of issues like this. There was nothing that couldn't have been done last issue... am I right? Wolverine "officially" joins the team? I thought he was in already.

Wrecker gets defeated thanks to pheromone powers that Spider-Woman has. Nice nod to Runaways too.

The good part, I mean the really good part. The final three pages... Bobby Reynolds chillin' in his room when Emma Frost interrupts him and tells him to come outside where he's face to face with..... The Secret Council and Company. He falls on his knees and starts crying about The Void who begins to show himself in a cool panel over Captain America and Reed's head. I'm looking forward to seeing how this is going to go.

So complaints...

Just that the issue seemed like an extension of last issue and not really moving along. But still it was worth reading and good to read.

7/10

Daredevil?
1. He was awesome in the breakout arc...
2. He was directly involved with The Sentry so I'm hopeing he appears soon.

Oh man, issue 7 was so much better, storywise AND artwise. We get almost nothing new happening. And Bendis forgot that Luke broke the quinjet in issue 7 because he got thrown into it. It's in perfect condition here. And yeah, the flashback we had already basically seen in issue 6. There's more questions than answers. Also, I don't understand why Robert says what he says when he sits down in front of the TV (I forget what it was specifically).

I agree with just about everything you said, MwoF.

I just love the art in this book. Anyone catch the dirty diaper hanging off Wolverine's mask? :D

Spider-Woman's pheremones - very well done. So this is how they work together as a team - not too shabby!

My biggest complaint is that I can't stand how Bendis does flashbacks. The way he handled them in the Hobgoblin arc in USM was atrocious....here (Wolverine joining) it's not quite as bad, but it is just SO out of place. Until he figures out how to do it right I wish he would just tell a story and stop trying to jump around all over the place. It makes for a very awkward read.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I think he says something like "Must be nice"... and I can't make sense of it either.

I think he was talking to/about the dog just sitting there.

One thing I didn't get which will probably be answered next issue...did Sentry do some time travel or something? Maybe I just missed something...I was reading & driving. :oops:

UltimateE said:
I agree with just about everything you said, MwoF.
Yep, you do that from time to time.

UltimateE said:
My biggest complaint is that I can't stand how Bendis does flashbacks. The way he handled them in the Hobgoblin arc in USM was atrocious....here (Wolverine joining) it's not quite as bad, but it is just SO out of place. Until he figures out how to do it right I wish he would just tell a story and stop trying to jump around all over the place. It makes for a very awkward read.
Read Daredevil he pulls it off nicely there a lot. :wink:

UltimateE said:
I think he was talking to/about the dog just sitting there.
I guess I just didn't notice it. At first I thought they messed the panels up and he was referring to the mutants on TV and convincing them not to be mutants... it would've made sense... or even if he was just in general talking about people with powers and he keeps convincing himself that he doesn't so when they talk about it he thinks to himself, "must be nice to have powers"

One thing I didn't get which will probably be answered next issue...did Sentry do some time travel or something? Maybe I just missed something...I was reading & driving.
No, what he did was just teleport himself back to his home and tried to be normal. It probably lasted him like an hour or something before the superheroes arrived.

I will say the appearance by The Void really got me pysched for next issue.

Ok, the "Must be nice" IS to the dog. Notice he looked at Wathdog before he said it. Now, I did not like how Bendis did the flashbacks. Or how he handled going from "Point A to Point B", so to speak. The issue was good, and the artwork is just great. I was so happy to see the FF done by McNiven again. Really great. :D

About the Quinjet-
Ever thought of it jsut being another one? Tony did say he was having new prototypes.... :wink:

ON TO MY SUPER GEEKINESS-

Holy Damn! Loved how Sentry was in this issue. Why you ask? Cuz seeing him use his power, seeing him live in CONNECTICUT (wOOt!! :rockon: ) and having Watchdog back, that rocked the hizaouz. The beggining of the issue was great. I think Bendis is doing a great job handling the Sentry. Now, if only we can have Scout! :crazy:

8/10

Last edited:
[QUOTEicemastertron] ON TO MY SUPER GEEKINESS-

Holy Damn! Loved how Sentry was in this issue. Why you ask? Cuz seeing him use his power, seeing him live in CONNECTICUT (wOOt!! :rockon:) and having Watchdog back, that rocked the hizaouz. The beggining of the issue was great. I think Bendis is doing a great job handling the Sentry. Now, if only we can have Scout! :crazy:

8/10[/QUOTE]

I was waiting for you to say that about Connecticut. :D

I loved the beginning also. The art was great, and it really made me think of all the old Spidey comic beginnings I've read in the Essential series.

UltimateE said:

Bendis said:
The only way an artist can figure out how to do it right is to just do it, and see if it works. Therefore, it's okay for me to **** up entire story arcs because I'm "experimenting". That's right. Even though I'm experimenting with flashbacks which are a common technique used by everyone. But it's an experiment.

Okay, so Bendis didn't say any of that, and he'd actually probably only say "Stay Tuned" or "That's Now How I See It", but I think the above quote is more honest.

Ha!

Look at the scene when Wolverine lands in front of the window and the lady pulls the curtains shut - look at the kid's shirt. 8)

UltimateE said:
Ha!

Look at the scene when Wolverine lands in front of the window and the lady pulls the curtains shut - look at the kid's shirt. 8)
How about the milk cartrige in the carbage when Wolverine gets thrown through it :wink: "Missing..."

I'm not sure if this was right but are these the characters standing outside of Sentry's house?
Namor, Thing, Human Torch, Invisable Woman, Mr. Fantastic, Spider-Woman, Iron-Man, Wolverine, Luke Cage, Captain America, Spider-Man, Emma Frost, Cyclops, Beast, Colossus, Shadowcat, Medusa, Dr. Strange, Black Bolt, Gorgon, Karnak, and Lockjaw.

bluebeast said:
I'm not sure if this was right but are these the characters standing outside of Sentry's house?
Namor, Thing, Human Torch, Invisable Woman, Mr. Fantastic, Spider-Woman, Iron-Man, Wolverine, Luke Cage, Captain America, Spider-Man, Emma Frost, Cyclops, Beast, Colossus, Shadowcat, Medusa, Dr. Strange, Black Bolt, Gorgon, Karnak, and Lockjaw.
Correct, welcome BlueBeast!

ultimatedjf said:
And Bendis forgot that Luke broke the quinjet in issue 7 because he got thrown into it. It's in perfect condition here.

No it isnt. On page 16, where Wrecker talks with Spider-woman, you can actually clearly see the wing is broken. Seems like it´s still flying though...

So, the team has been together for less than a week, and they are already up to one and a half destroyed quinjets, with the Savage Land explosion. Go Avengers! :)

New Avengers #9 Discussion (Spoilers)

Not bad, not bad at all.

Mastermind? I love it. I really do. I wonder who the man responsible is... looks like some kind of German Nazi? Red Skull? I dunno, just taking pot shots.

For those who want to know. It seems that The Void is sometype of conscience tool Bob is useing to surpress himself of being The Sentry. Why? Because some villain used the mutant Mastermind to convince The Sentry that's what would happen if he used his powers.

Question is what about the comics?

Anyway it was filled with action and Emma trying to unlock Bob Reynold's memories and even though that's all it was, that little bit of Mastermind was enough to make this issue very solid. Always love when writers use random villains cameos.

5/5

Latest posts

Back