Avengers New Avengers discussion (#1-20; spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear said:
So would you guys blame me if I was let down with this aspect not as a DD fan but because that's a loose-end?
Well, I think it's a good loose-end to tie-up later on. Just as long as Bendis doesn't drag it on TOO long.

I don't think it's a loose end that will be addresed later. I think Bendis just dropped the ball on this one.

So the question is: Did Reed send Murdock and simply forgot due to the Sentry making him forget, or did the Sentry make Murdock come visit him directly and Reed wasn't involved even though Murdock said he was?

UltimateE said:
I don't think it's a loose end that will be addresed later. I think Bendis just dropped the ball on this one.

So the question is: Did Reed send Murdock and simply forgot due to the Sentry making him forget, or did the Sentry make Murdock come visit him directly and Reed wasn't involved even though Murdock said he was?

This sucks. :(

TheManWithoutFear said:
Oh yeah, does anyone think The General is any of the same mystery men we've seen in the previous arc? Spider-Woman's superior? The guy talking to Black Widow II at the end of the arc?

Spider-Woman's superior was turned up at the end of the new story in GS Spider-Woman#1, weird little guy but he doesn't seem anything like the General. I don't know about the person talking to Yelena but I can't see it being The General.......seemed more like a lead-in for the Sentry mini more than a plot thread for NA.

Johnny Bravo said:
Spider-Woman's superior was turned up at the end of the new story in GS Spider-Woman#1, weird little guy but he doesn't seem anything like the General. I don't know about the person talking to Yelena but I can't see it being The General.......seemed more like a lead-in for the Sentry mini more than a plot thread for NA.

What else was reveled in Giant Spider-Woman?

So, looking like Ronin's ELektra. Decent issue, set-ups a bit thin. Why would Doctor Doom's orginization be in shambles now? Has he not come back from Waids dealing of him in FF yet?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Need more Baxter... cmon. It better not be Elektra either. What does she need a costume for?
Well, we have Cap and DD talking about how The Hand has sneaked the Silver Samurai into japan to take over as a new crime boss. Cap's of course trying to bring DD in as an expert on the whole deal, with the good Mister Murdock saying no because of all his problems. After cap hints that he could assume another identity to avoid all the crap Matt says that theres someone else with all his knowledge and fighting skills. We then see Cap talking to soemone with very long curly black hair. Either Elektra or an excellent red herring.

They also touch on the Hand-Hydra merger, with Madam Hydra herself showing up at Silver Samurai's correnation, for lack of a better word.

My big question is where is Wolverine in all this. Cap says he's busy, but with everything that just happened in his monthly you'd think he'd drop everything for The Hand or Hydra.

Baxter said:
Well, we have Cap and DD talking about how The Hand has sneaked the Silver Samurai into japan to take over as a new crime boss. Cap's of course trying to bring DD in as an expert on the whole deal, with the good Mister Murdock saying no because of all his problems. After cap hints that he could assume another identity to avoid all the crap Matt says that theres someone else with all his knowledge and fighting skills. We then see Cap talking to soemone with very long curly black hair. Either Elektra or an excellent red herring.
*Jumps up and down like a little girl* :twisted: I hope it's not Elektra... In the same vein, White Tiger was trained by DD and has long black hair.... Awesome that Bendis put Murdock in probably to shove it in everyones face that he is NOT the mystery avenger....

Baxter said:
They also touch on the Hand-Hydra merger, with Madam Hydra herself showing up at Silver Samurai's correnation, for lack of a better word.

Thanks Baxter :twisted:

My big question is where is Wolverine in all this. Cap says he's busy, but with everything that just happened in his monthly you'd think he'd drop everything for The Hand or Hydra.
Very cool stuff. Let's see what's happening... Maybe Logan's dealing with X-Stuff?

Well Doctor Doom is "dead" or in "hell" last time i saw him (not including the doom from fantastic four house of m)

Maybe Wolverine is still reeling from being controlled by the hand from millars arc?
And hes just a big wuss!

Elektra would be cool as on the avengers....... can't wait to see the issue

Shihad said:
Well Doctor Doom is "dead" or in "hell" last time i saw him (not including the doom from fantastic four house of m)
Are we sure thats the last time he's been seen? I mean that was what, 2 years ago? Two years of no Doom in the Marvel Universe? I don't think thats a Marvel I want around.

New Avengers #11

TheManWithoutFear said:
Not really delving into the convo but if this is post HoM, then Doom's alive just like Hawkeye.

I was just about to suggest that maybe we just got some kind of HoM spoiler with Doom's mention.

I thought it might be Elektra too. I hope it's not this White Tiger or whatever, because I have no idea who that is. This is supposed to be a team of famous characters.

I'm not a big ninja fan, but this was a great issue. I would have preferred that Ronin stay aboard for a few arcs and we get hints at his/her identity dropped every so often, but oh well.

I'm still not ruling Daredevil out, by the way. Cap's comment about Nomad seemed to pique Murdock's interest and looks like it gave him an idea. I could definitely see Murdock taking on an alternate identity so he can help out and still keep the rest of the team safe from his DD problems. I don't care what Bendis says. :D

Ronin can't be DD or Elektra or White Tiger, look at his speech pattern, neither of those three talk like that. Plus Ronin's muscles look huge, Matt Murdock isn't *that* big and the other two don't have the same body shape, and how would their huge hair fit under that mask?! I'm not really sure who it is at this point but it's definately not someone from the US.

I know that Sunfire is not usually depicted as having long, curly, black hair, but I suppose he could grow it out? He certainly fits the bill, as far as experience dealing with Silver Samurai and the Japanese criminal underground, in general. And post-HoM, it's conceivable that he'd be alive once more.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back