Avengers New Avengers discussion (#1-20; spoilers)

I just read #2 and I really liked it. Not as much as the first one but it was good. The thing I really liked was the way they presented they villains (like from a database) and not to mention the Sentry's comeback. The Sentry RULE!!! :scared: OK, sorry had to get it out of my system :wink:

supermusli said:
Just read this issue.

O. My. God.

I can´t even remember when I got my little comic book nerdy spirit this shaken and upbeat over an issue. This was the best! Hereby, New Avengers is my favourite book. The ONLY bad thing is - I want more. Now!

There was just so much that I liked here. Great moments from both my favourite marvel characters (spidey and DD). Thrilling cliff-hanger. Wonderful art. The dialoge. The action. The excitement. And in the middle of it all, Foggy Nelson, who I have never liked more!

And that Jessica Drew - wow, I think I´m in love with her.
(can i get a subnic that says Jessica Drews secret lover? ;-) )

The best line was from Daredevil to Spidey: You lost your mask. Bad career move.

I encourage everyone to start reading this book!! Damn, I think I have to go read it again...

I'm with ya. I love comics and I look forward to new books every week, but New Avengers is the only one that I actually feel impatient for. I reread books all the time, but I've been rereading the 2 New Avengers issues religiously, over and over and over. I love this book.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Yo someone needs to tell me what's goin on with all this... I heard Foggy and Purple Man??

yes and DD as well. In fact, daredevil is rumoured to be the "mystery member" of the new avengers

I cant wait to read this, from the sounds of it its gonna be a great read. Bendis is off to a great start

I wouldn't be surprised. Hell, he was on the first cover. Maybe that suit we saw on the variant edition would be his new suit...?

Nurhachi said:
yes and DD as well. In fact, daredevil is rumoured to be the "mystery member" of the new avengers

I cant wait to read this, from the sounds of it its gonna be a great read. Bendis is off to a great start

If I may.... SPOIL.... something for you

Rumors over at ManwithoutFear.com... suggest that Daredevil may appear not as himself but as the new White Tiger... this is just a rumor and not too well recieved... the mythology of the white tiger prevents Murdock from becoming it anyway ... but it was interesting...

anyway what's Foggy got to do with all of it??
I heard the Purple Man was in the background of some jail breakout when Electro or someone broke them out... am I getting this right??

Think I should start picking this up?? You guys all seem really into it...

Well, what happened was that Electo was hired to break out everyone from the prison known as THE RAFT. Purple Man was one of the prisoners in there. At the end of issue 2, he used his powers on Luke Cage to kill all the other heroes.

And you don't have to warn us about a spoiler. The thread is already marked as such. :wink:

icemastertron said:
Well, what happened was that Electo was hired to break out everyone from the prison known as THE RAFT. Purple Man was one of the prisoners in there. At the end of issue 2, he used his powers on Luke Cage to kill all the other heroes.

And you don't have to warn us about a spoiler. The thread is already marked as such. :wink:

sounds cool but last time I heard of Purple Man he was trying to do good... I thought but oh well...

TheManWithoutFear said:
Rumors over at ManwithoutFear.com... suggest that Daredevil may appear not as himself but as the new White Tiger... this is just a rumor and not too well recieved... the mythology of the white tiger prevents Murdock from becoming it anyway ... but it was interesting...

:sick:

TheManWithoutFear said:
anyway what's Foggy got to do with all of it??
I heard the Purple Man was in the background of some jail breakout when Electro or someone broke them out... am I getting this right??

Not quite, Ice.

Foggy came along to The Raft with Murdock and Cage to visit the Sentry, who is locked up at his own request for killing his wife. We have hints that something isn't right there, and Reed Richards knows it, so he sent Foggy and Matt to talk to Sentry.

Electro is working for someone unknown, and his job was to break someone (we don't know who yet, but it looks like one clue is that he can't fly) out. In order to do this, he overloaded the power grid for that entire section of NYC, and now all 87 of the villains in The Raft are free. Carnage attacks the group (Foggy, Murdock, Cage, Jessica Drew), and Matt shuts him in Sentry's cell to keep him safe. Inside, Foggy begs Sentry to help them out, and Sentry obliges, without saying a word - he exits the cell, and Carnage goes to attack him, but Sentry stops his tenticle, grabs him, flies him into outer spac, and rips him in half! 8)

Geez, typing that gets me all geeked about Sentry again. :D

So all the villains are loose and the heroes (including Spidey and Cap and now Iron Man) are fighting them. On the last page, Purple Man commands Cage to kill the heroes, then himself. It's a cliffhanger, he hasn't done it. So Ice was almost right.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Think I should start picking this up?? You guys all seem really into it...

Uh, YES!

UltimateE said:
:sick:

Not quite, Ice.

Foggy came along to The Raft with Murdock and Cage to visit the Sentry, who is locked up at his own request for killing his wife. We have hints that something isn't right there, and Reed Richards knows it, so he sent Foggy and Matt to talk to Sentry.

Electro is working for someone unknown, and his job was to break someone (we don't know who yet, but it looks like one clue is that he can't fly) out. In order to do this, he overloaded the power grid for that entire section of NYC, and now all 87 of the villains in The Raft are free. Carnage attacks the group (Foggy, Murdock, Cage, Jessica Drew), and Matt shuts him in Sentry's cell to keep him safe. Inside, Foggy begs Sentry to help them out, and Sentry obliges, without saying a word - he exits the cell, and Carnage goes to attack him, but Sentry stops his tenticle, grabs him, flies him into outer spac, and rips him in half! 8)

Geez, typing that gets me all geeked about Sentry again. :D

So all the villains are loose and the heroes (including Spidey and Cap and now Iron Man) are fighting them. On the last page, Purple Man commands Cage to kill the heroes, then himself. It's a cliffhanger, he hasn't done it. So Ice was almost right.

Uh, YES!

sounds awesome... what are there two issues out now I'll pick them up next visit to the shop

TheManWithoutFear said:
sounds awesome... what are there two issues out now I'll pick them up next visit to the shop

Yep, just 2. There are a couple variants for #1 as well as a director's cut.

TheManWithoutFear said:
what variants?? is it all the same story?? Directors Cut sounds tasty though...

All the same story, different covers.

If you're picking it up you might want to check out the Director's Cut, if not just for the cool chart in the back naming all the villains in The Raft. But it has some script info and future covers too.

UltimateE said:
All the same story, different covers.

If you're picking it up you might want to check out the Director's Cut, if not just for the cool chart in the back naming all the villains in The Raft. But it has some script info and future covers too.

Definitely so who are the "new avengers now" this all takes place after the whole Avengers dissembled right?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Definitely so who are the "new avengers now" this all takes place after the whole Avengers dissembled right?

The team hasn't officially formed yet, but according to reports:

Captain America
Iron Man
Spider-Man
Spider-Woman (the original!)
Luke Cage
Wolverine
Sentry

and a mystery member who won't be revealed until the 2nd arc.

And yes, this is all after Disassembled. You don't have to read that to know what's going on though.

icemastertron said:
I wouldn't be surprised. Hell, he was on the first cover. Maybe that suit we saw on the variant edition would be his new suit...?

Daredevil was not on the first over.

UltimateE said:
the cool chart in the back naming all the villains in The Raft.

If anyone can, please can you write out the chart for those of us not getting the directors cut :D

Latest posts

Back