Avengers New Avengers discussion (#1-20; spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear said:
Major Spoiler Jessica Drew, Traitor?? What's up with that?! I wonder if the guy at the end is the same guy responsible for the prison breakout... if it isn't we have two mystery men and a mystery avengers this is all "goofy nuts"

I hope that the mystery person is Tristram Silver (from "Identity Disc"). :D

TheManWithoutFear said:
What's with the no sentry? Hmmm

They will probably resolve the issue with his wife (how she died and if he killed her) before he will be on the team (officially anyway).

Ultimate Warrior said:
I hope that the mystery person is Tristram Silver (from "Identity Disc"). :D

Totally agreed, that would make a lot of sense since he seems like the kinda guy who wants all this information and I believe that's what Jessica Drew's job is, to obtain and keep current on information within' whatever group she's with.

And I still think there's a small chance The Void and Silver could be the same person.

haven't yet pciked up # 3, it still only looks good in trade, but aside from that here is the list of villains that have appeared:
Armadillo, Barbarus, Blackout II, Blood Brother, Brother Grimm,Bulldozer, Bushwacker, Carnage, Centurius, Controller,Count Nefaria, Crossbones, Crusader, Cutthroat, Electro II, Foolkiller III, Grey Gargoyle, Griffin, Hydro-Man, Ironclad, Jigsaw, Mandrill, Mr. Fear IV, Mr. Hyde, Molecule Man, Piledriver, Purple Man, Scarecrow, Shockwave, Slug, Tiger Shark, Typhoid, Vapor, Vector, Vermin, Wrecker, X-Ray, Zzzax...

And out of those the Spidey villains are: Carnage [Yeah, the 90's are dead], Electro II [Yeah, he's not a joke], Hydro-Man, and Vermin. Those are all the main spidey-foes.

Yes but if you look in the page further down, you see that hes only appeared in 1 spider-man comic. And thats an Untold Tales of Spiderman.

Hes mostly in Ghost Rider, second mostly in Cap America

Just want to say this is my favorite title right now. Not only is Bendis keeping us in suspense about one thing, but I'm counting four right now...
1. Mystery Member
2. Who hired Electro
3. Who is Jessica Drews talking too
4. What's going on with the Sentry

I'm assuming 2 & 3 are not the same because they went out of their way to say that it wasn't them. Just seems they emphasized that.

Can't wait to see what happens next.

This arc has been really good. I'll admit i had my doubts when i saw who would be in the team. But now I know I can put my faith in Bendis.

In Bendis we trust

Ultimate Gambit said:
You know who I haven't seen in all these issues is Wolverine....where is that bad bad man?
He comes in in issue #4, and as said before, the way he joins is supposed to "schock people". Oh, and did I mention that in NA #4, it's "...unbreakable shield versus adamantium claw."...? :wink:

cant...wait.....for....issue...4...each issue keeps getting better and better. This has already exceeded my expectations. Do you think Wolverine will leave the X-Men? Maybe Wolverine might be a reserve member of the Avengers

Nurhachi said:
Do you think Wolverine will leave the X-Men? Maybe Wolverine might be a reserve member of the Avengers

I and no doubt a huge legion of other X-fans really hope so but really doubt it. He's in like 90% of the x-books and its too big an adjustment to take him out of all of them. So I don't know what will happen. But please, please take him and keep him often. Remember, as Claremont says, "He's the best at what he does".

Actially, before i stop speculating, id like to say something which i just thought. With Spidey, MJ and Aunt May moving into the Avengers HQ. Is it possible we might see some Aunt May/Jarvis romance? hmmmm.........

hahahhaahahahahahaha

Aunt May & Jarvis? Ewwwwwwwwww...

I don't think Wolverine will be leaving Astonishing, for sure. Who knows with adjective-less X-Men or whatever other books he's in.

Back to NA #3...

Nurhachi said:
cant...wait.....for....issue...4...each issue keeps getting better and better. This has already exceeded my expectations. Do you think Wolverine will leave the X-Men? Maybe Wolverine might be a reserve member of the Avengers
I'm pretty sure Logan will be kicked out of X.S.E. for his actions under Hydra's control as well as Havok's ragtag team, but I believe he'll remain in Astonishing team (at least until the summer is over). I believe after the current arcs in Uncanny and adjectiveless he won't be there anymore. :D I don't hate Logan, but I won't him to be limited so I can see some better characterization. I hate how he's reduced to someone calls for his help and he just starts slashing. IMO he'll get some in New Avengers (he's already got some in Astonishing :) )

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back