Avengers New Avengers discussion (#1-20; spoilers)

Ok i'm not picking this up for a variety of reasons but i will follow along if i can. When someone picks this up, can they fill me in on whats happening

Matt Murdock, Luke Cage, Jessica Drew and Foggy go to see the Sentry at jail, at the same time Electro is told to go to the same jail and break out all the Villans.

Captain America went to the place (Riker's Island) as soon as it was attacked, and so did Spider-Man. Wolverine has not appeared yet.

I think this has already surpassed Ultimates as my favorite book. Great work by all. I can't wait for the next issue.

- I wonder why Reed would need Sentry, and why would he send Matt Murdock to get him?

- I'm very interested to see if Cap sort of haphazardly assembles these guys together to contain the villains, sees how well it works, and forms a team out of it, or if they come together in some other way. Come to think of it, I think Bendis is more creative than that. ;)

- I never read Sentry and just ordered the TPB so I know what is going on with him. Can't wait to get that - by all accounts it's a good series.

To answer the question posted above - Wolverine has not appeared yet, nor has Iron Man.

New Avengers #2 *SPOILERS*

So who has gotten this issue? I totally liked this one. I laughed when Carnage kept going after Luke Cage, even though Luke told him that he wasn't going to break his unbreakable skin. And speaking of Carnage, I ABSOLUTELY LOVED that page where Carnage is starting to wrap himself around Foggy. That was awesome. But the way Sentry took care of him, when he came around--wo! :shock: Don't want to mess with him!

Crazy how Spider-Man was getting beat up from left to right, from all those old baddies he fought (Which I know not one of them). He just got lucky Captain America came around in time. And hey, Iron-Man has made his appearance! It was cool, him helping out and all.

But here's the best part:
I HAVE A LETTER IN THE LETTERS COLUMN! I SWEAR! It's in the middle column, second letter. My name is Luis . You don't believe me? Check out the "Ultimate Central Who is who". My name's in there.

Funny thing is, when I saw my name, I screamed like hell. Almost gave my mom a heart attack. Well, not really. She just thought that the house was on fire. Very good day for me. Very good.

icemastertron said:
But here's the best part:
I HAVE A LETTER IN THE LETTERS COLUMN! I SWEAR! It's in the middle column, second letter. My name is Luis . You don't believe me? Check out the "Ultimate Central Who is who". My name's in there.

Funny thing is, when I saw my name, I screamed like hell. Almost gave my mom a heart attack. Well, not really. She just thought that the house was on fire. Very good day for me. Very good.

That's awesome Ice

Awsome i can't wait to pick this up, we have to wait til Friday in New Zealand, which is tomorrow to pick up comics

I thought Ice was dying when he said that lol. he was like: OMG, OMG, OMG. And then he just left. Lol.

I totally had a geekgasm when Sentry busted out and flew Carnage into space. Awesome. This is my favorite book.

Ice - congrats getting your letter printed. I haven't read them yet but will...

Carnage...ripped in half...floating out in space...that's too cool for words.

I'm still in awe of this issue.

CARNAGE!!!!

I cant WAIT for this issue. Should be getting it tomorrow or sat. Like Shihad, im a nzer. From the sounds of it, it sounds awesome

CONGRATULATIONS ICE for your letter

Thanks.

I liked what Sentry had done Carnage. It looked sooooo awesome!!! But I wonder, Carnage won't stay up in space forever, right? :?

Hey, so what did your letter say and what did Bendis say in response? Since I don't collect NA, I won't ever know!

Also, what's the plot right now?

My letter was about how much I liked AVENGERS: FINALE. Bendis didn't answer, but the assistant editor, Nick Schimdt. He replied my letter with:

"SWEET! One fan! We got ONE FAN!"

Since all of the other letters were hatin' on "Chaos" and Finale. Oh wait, there was just ONE other letter that liked Finale and Chaos, like me.

Just read this issue.

O. My. God.

I can´t even remember when I got my little comic book nerdy spirit this shaken and upbeat over an issue. This was the best! Hereby, New Avengers is my favourite book. The ONLY bad thing is - I want more. Now!

There was just so much that I liked here. Great moments from both my favourite marvel characters (spidey and DD). Thrilling cliff-hanger. Wonderful art. The dialoge. The action. The excitement. And in the middle of it all, Foggy Nelson, who I have never liked more!

And that Jessica Drew - wow, I think I´m in love with her.
(can i get a subnic that says Jessica Drews secret lover? ;-) )

The best line was from Daredevil to Spidey: You lost your mask. Bad career move.

I encourage everyone to start reading this book!! Damn, I think I have to go read it again...

Latest posts

Back