Avengers New Avengers: The Trust discussion (#32-37 +Annual 2; spoilers)

Re: New Avengers discussion (#26+; spoilers)

very nice. Logan finally has a decent speaking role.

New Avengers is definitely one of my top five Marvel comics at the moment.

I love the direction this is going. When they hinted at a conspiracy I would have never thought "Skrulls".

I like Peter's monologue. Exactly how he should sound. And he would be the one to speak up.

Can't wait for this.

I like this conspiracy talk going on between them, pointing out the sudden character and status quo change. I really hope this leads somewhere spectacular. I dont like the art though

I like this conspiracy talk going on between them, pointing out the sudden character and status quo change. I really hope this leads somewhere spectacular. I dont like the art though

the art doesn't like you. sorry. I really hope clint isn't a skrull. maybe a kree, not a skrull though. I also wonder how hulkling will fit into all this and if WWHulk will be over in time to help out. This is some crazy stuff. The issue was awesome, and I'm digging the art. I kinda feel like maleev should be doing this, especially after getting DD tpb's. Those were good. Also, i really hope this ties in with Fury somehow. I'm sure he's the only person who knows exactly who is a skrull and who isn't. Also, after reading DD, there was a part where he was talking to Elektra on a rooftop telling her that he wished they never left some room. He mentioned that her heart didn't skip a beat. Maybe because Elextra as Skrull didn't know how to react to that comment? hmm

At this point im pretty sure both Jessicas are Skrulls

The new issue that came out today was great, except for the last few pages.

SPOILERS FOR THE LAST FEW PAGES:

Spider-Woman acts on her own without the team's permission, taking ElektraSkrull's body and (presumably) bringing it to Tony Stark, which was what she -- but not the other New Avengers -- wanted to do.

Only problem? This story takes place during Mighty Avengers' first arc, so as you know, Tony is currently unavailable, getting in touch with his feminine side.

But still this was a great issue overall. Yu's art wasn't as good as it was last arc, but I'm hoping it improves. Plus, I just realized I've been saying his first name wrong for years. I always thought it was "Lenlil" for some silly reason, always misreading his name.

4.5/5

The new issue that came out today was great, except for the last few pages.

SPOILERS FOR THE LAST FEW PAGES:

Spider-Woman acts on her own without the team's permission, taking ElektraSkrull's body and (presumably) bringing it to Tony Stark, which was what she -- but not the other New Avengers -- wanted to do.

Only problem? This story takes place during Mighty Avengers' first arc, so as you know, Tony is currently unavailable, getting in touch with his feminine side.

But still this was a great issue overall. Yu's art wasn't as good as it was last arc, but I'm hoping it improves. Plus, I just realized I've been saying his first name wrong for years. I always thought it was "Lenlil" for some silly reason, always misreading his name.

4.5/5

This is the nice thing about ignoring the tremendous sucktitude that is Mighty Avengers. That might as well not even be happening as far as I'm concerned. :D

This was awesomely fantastic. The whole issue was them talking on Danny's plane on the way back home, trying to figure out who might be a Skrull and what it all means. Jessica taking the body was interesting, but it's probably a red herring; it's obvious we are supposed to think she is a Skrull...whether she is or not, that won't be answered right now.

Spider-Man webbing up the plan was cool. Luke acting shifty was also good. Wolverine's monologue was great. So was the dialogue with Peter.

4.9/5. Best book out there right now.

If this really does take place as the same time of the first Mighty Avengers arc, then we gots some continuity errors in our hands... that being said arc takes place only within a few hours of the Migthy Avengers forming, whereas this takes place days since then.

The panel layout when the plane was going on confused the heck out of me... but the talk in the first portion made this a great read, even if everything everyone said has been said by Bendis in interviews. You know, because Bendis absolutely sucks at not prattling on and on stuff he writes and spoiling it.

Last edited:
Re: New Avengers: The Trust discussion (#32+; spoilers)

This comic is really good. It's shame it took 20+ issues and a Civil War to become this good, but it worked.

Jessica taking the body was interesting, but it's probably a red herring; it's obvious we are supposed to think she is a Skrull...whether she is or not, that won't be answered right now.

Spider Woman = Totally a Skrull.

I'm with E on this one, mostly because I WAS GONNA POST THAT! :x

Jess might be a red herring but then let me ask you a question...why did she leave them for dead? i mean she didnt even tried to get them to safety.

Not only that but this is bfore WWH right? Spider-woman isnt with the NA in WWH...and it seems the skrull thing hasnt been brought to his atention.

.....just pointing that out.

Last edited:

Jess might be a red herring but then let me ask you a question...why did she leave them for dead? i mean she didnt even tried ti get them to safety.

That is a good point. She seemed like a robot or something.

This whole issue sucked until the last, like, two pages and then it was just confusing.

Latest posts

Back