New Ultimates

Goodwill

So, on top of Millar's "Ultimate Avengers" there will be a title (written by Loeb) called "New Ultimates". I **** you not.

OH! I GET IT! They're being clever with the whole "LOOK! It's like New Avengers, BUT ULTIMATES!" Very clever, Loeb.

:-x

I'm pretty sure most of you guys guessed that this would be an actual title. Or, at least joked that it'd be a title. :roll:

"New" is the new "Ultimate".

What were Marvel's two most popular titles? New Avengers and The Ultimates.

So now we have Ultimate Avengers and New Ultimates. These titles are going to be sell extremely well.

Won't this be the first Ultimate title without "Ultimate" at the beginning? Even "Ultimates" is just "Ultimate" with an "s" after it. So now they're getting rid of that formula?

Won't this be the first Ultimate title without "Ultimate" at the beginning? Even "Ultimates" is just "Ultimate" with an "s" after it. So now they're getting rid of that formula?

No as Ultimates was "The" Ultimates.

See.

When I had to leave for college, the first hardcovers I packed were The Walking Dead and The Ultimates. Out of all my books...The Ultimates was one I most required.

This makes me cry.

For what they have done...the will pay the ULTIMATE price!

No as Ultimates was "The" Ultimates.

Hardy har-har.

When I had to leave for college, the first hardcovers I packed were The Walking Dead and The Ultimates. Out of all my books...The Ultimates was one I most required.

This makes me cry.

For what they have done...the will pay the ULTIMATE price!

I was re-reading the first volume of The Ultimates the other night, and it really did make me cry at how beautiful it is, especially in comparison to Loeb's alternative for toilet paper. Millar was the only person who could have done an Ultimate version of The Ultimates so well. Even though he does carry a lot of his ideas over from other books (it feels like he took a lot from The Authority in creating The Ultimates, most recently with The Reserves and The Liberators, who both remind me a lot of the G7 replacement Authority; Kick-*** reminds me a lot of Wanted, Chosen has a very similar plot to one of Millar's earlier works, the title of which escapes me at the moment, War Heroes is obviously a spiritual sequel/successor to The Ultimates).

Loeb is a ****.

Yeah.

I just watched Loeb being Loeb. I yelled at him and wanted to learn him some lessons.

Ultimates was the reason why I got back into comics and Loeb raped this series of all the greatness, brilliance, and astonishingly enthralling experience it was.

Coming out in may.

125_ULTIMATE_COMICS_NEW_ULTIMATES_2.jpg

What is with Loeb's Middle-earth obsession? If you're going to set the Ultimates in Middle-earth, then make them the Avengers, not the Ultimates. The Ultimates belong in the real world. Jeebus.

EDIT: Right Goodwill, so I think we're all thinking the same thing here.

Last edited:
What is with Loeb's Middle-earth obsession? If you're going to set the Ultimates in Middle-earth, then make them the Avengers, not the Ultimates. The Ultimates belong in the real world. Jeebus.

EDIT: Right Goodwill, so I think we're all thinking the same thing here.

I think the " real world" ship has sailed though.

Latest posts

Back