Newsarama reveals Ultimate Defenders

I guess they are... I just found this...

Quote:
"Cheers, mate. Buzz on this issue seems to be very strong. I just got back from England last weekend and saw Hitchy's art for issue five (HUGE fight with someone you might not expect) and I think it's going to put the book right over the top. Hitchy's just is the absolute best at this kind of stuff. Nobody can touch him.

Also saw the art for The Defenders (issue six) and it's fantastic. They're just this really ****ty team one of the Ultimates ends up in and they're comprised of Hellcat, Darkhawk, Luke Cage, Son of Satan, Black Knight and someone I can't tell you about yet. But it's a lot of fun and quite a change of pace.

Anyway, glad you're all digging it. We try our best,
MM

PS Good issue of Spidey out today too. Think you'll like"

speculation is that Millar confused Darkhawk w/ Nighthawk in his post

Sounds good?

I was going with the actual 'of Satan' part. I'm assuming that it's part of the demons and angels section of Marvel, and that it actually refers to Satan in the way that Christians portray him. It just seems sorta cheap to use anyone related to such a powerful being in this version of the Defenders.

I think that the guy with the cape thing is Nighthawk. The shirtless dude, Luke Cage. The girl in the middle is probably some one from Asgard. Maybe the one with the cat things is Tigra or HellCat. I have no idea who the one with the black things on the eye is.

Lynx said:
First time poster, long time reader. Anyways, I have the full line up:

Giant Man is in back, Nighthawk is flying, Luke Cage is on the left, then Valkyrie looking like Thor, Son of Satan is in back, and Hellcat is on the right. There is one more member, Black Knight, who is not on the cover. MM confirmed it awhile ago on the Bendis Boards, I'll dig it up if I can.

PS - Son of Satan is Damion Hellstrom, also known as Hellstorm. He was the son of a demon named Satan, not the real Satan (Remember, Mephisto is THE Satan in 616) and a human. He also had a sister named Satanna, and he married Hellcat. He had a trident in 616 as well.

there he is :twisted:

Dude I dont know all this stuff. I do have a life outside of comic books. But this would be cool.

What Lynx said is official. Millar said it himself.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Putting Luke Cage on this team took a lot of balls...

as for SOS who the hell cares or really knows who he is?

Why would putting Luke Cage on the team have anything to do with it?

Well, that's why the Ultimate Universe is so cool because, you can have these crappy characters and turn them into something as good as or better than, say, a character like Luke Cage... I'd say he's a perfect fit on a team like this!

Goodwill said:
Well, that's why the Ultimate Universe is so cool because, you can have these crappy characters and turn them into something as good as or better than, say, a character like Luke Cage... I'd say he's a perfect fit on a team like this!

I guess we'll just have to wait and see... I just hope they use him right

Goodwill said:
Well, that's why the Ultimate Universe is so cool because, you can have these crappy characters and turn them into something as good as or better than, say, a character like Luke Cage...

I totally agree, and I think they've already made some lame characters pretty cool. But Bendis has done a great job making Luke Cage cool and relevent again, and I would have liked to have seen him used somewhere besides on a third-rate joke team like the Defenders are supposed to be.

Still, this is cool and I can't wait to see what Millar has planned.

Yeah, for instance, when I heard that Dazzler was coming along, I thought it was one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard and, then, she was introduced and I was impressed as hell... I actually thought she fit on the team and everything! Let's hope this will go the same way with someone like Nighthawk... His costume tells me that he's the character that I should be looking out for.

Goodwill said:
Yeah, for instance, when I heard that Dazzler was coming along, I thought it was one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard and, then, she was introduced and I was impressed as hell... I actually thought she fit on the team and everything! Let's hope this will go the same way with someone like Nighthawk... His costume tells me that he's the character that I should be looking out for.

Thing with that is Dazzler is a team player she's an X-Men just like if they had another other lesser known X-character brought in people would be holding their breath until the final product... Luke Cage has way more going for him when it comes to his individual self... ya get what I'm saying?

Latest posts

Back