Nextwave series discussion (Spoilers!)

Favorite part of #5:

RED CELESTIAL: Aaron Stack, you who were called Machine Man. You have travelled with us for three hundred and sixty cycles by your reckoning of time.

There is now something we have to tell you.

You are a total ****.

Aaron: ....what?

RC: No. Really. You're ****.

We've taken a year of you. We're taking you back to that orbiting trashcan you call a planet. And dumping you there.

*Aaron starts walking away*

You're turning away from us We are speaking to you're turning away from us. This is exactly the kind of **** we were talking about here.

*Aaron is crying*

Aaron: Please...don't look...

I don't want you to believe...

...that even a robot can cry.

*Red Celestial does the loser sign on his head*

RC: See what we mean? Complete and utter ****.
Bwuahahahahahaha!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And there's even drop bears in this issue!!!! :crazy:

And this:
Monica: It's the Gamma-Acitivated Bull Men fom Beyond The Nineteentn Perimeter....and they're naked.

Captain America: Cover your eyes, go back to the Avengers mansion, and make my dinner.
Bwuahahahahaha!!!!

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
What universe is nextwave in?

Ellis (writing the series) says it's not in 616 continuity at all - that the characters are drawn from their 616 origins, but what happens is not in continuity. Brevoort (Marvel's lead editor) says it IS.

Last edited:
This is the greatest book ever. I feel sorry for anyone not reading it.

Drop bears? That is awesome.

And when the Celestial said, "You are a total ****." I literally laughed out loud. I NEVER laugh out loud at comics. Except NEXTWAVE!

NEXTWAVENEXTWAVENEXTWAVE.jpg

#5 kicked balls.

I will be coloring it shortly.

And those of you who didn't buy the Crayon Butchery Variant and enter themselves into the coloring contest are NEXTWAVE traitors and should be fired with bullets immediately.

moonmaster said:
And those of you who didn't buy the Crayon Butchery Variant and enter themselves into the coloring contest are NEXTWAVE traitors and should be fired with bullets immediately.

My shop is putting their copies on eBay. I'm making a special trip tomorrow to another shop to try and get (at least) one. The rest of you had better do the same.

E said:
My shop is putting their copies on eBay. I'm making a special trip tomorrow to another shop to try and get (at least) one. The rest of you had better do the same.
You gonna drive me over to the next cities with comic shops that are located upstate for me, meaning getting there via car on the high way? :wink:

Ice said:
You gonna drive me over to the next cities with comic shops that are located upstate for me, meaning getting there via car on the high way? :wink:

Walk if you must.

NEXTWAVE!

E said:
I was actually distracted while reading it, from deciding how I was going to color certain pages and whatnot. It's gonna be so much fun!:D :D :D

NEXTWAVE!

MY NEXTWAVE FAN LETTER.
SECOND DRAFT.

Dear Fantastical, Letter-Processing, Robot Man,

First of all, let me tell you that you look positively amazing. Have you lost weight? Atkins? Good for you!

Listen baby, let me cut to the chase. In general, I don't really read "comic books". As a famous producer and director of stage and screen, I lack the time and the basic literacy. However, I recently spotted an installment of this "Nextwave" publication on the desk of my personal manservant, Tomas. It's stunning and highly marketable visuals caught my talent-seeking eye. From what Tomas tells me, the text is also quite entertaining.

Now let me cut to the chase: We've all been enamored by the recent spat of films based on comic strips. Why, the live-action adaptation of "Marmaduke" has garnered nearly $600 Million in box office sales and has been universally praised by smiling studio executives and smiling studio spokespeople alike.

Let me really cut to the chase: I would like to transform "Nextwave" into an epic live-action production. I've already forced Tomas to write a script and put my name on it; I've got an A-list cast comprised of such actors as Orlando Bloom, Angelina Jolie, Charles Manson, my brother Marvin, Mr. Danny DeVito, and many other people that you've probably seen somewhere.

Finally, let me cut to the chase: All I need to make this happen is the support of the Beyond Corporation. If the fine people of Beyond would provide a mere budget of $450 Million, we can bring this masterpeice to life together.

Let me cut to the chase, your "Nextwave" serial is the most exciting oppurtunity I've seen in my 46 years in this business. This film will be the greatest ever made, and that is no exaggeration. Now give me your money. MONEY MONEY MONEY!

I smell Oscar. And he smells good. Like a grilled cheese sandwich.

Forever Yours,
Moony Schummacker

moonmaster said:
MY NEXTWAVE FAN LETTER.
SECOND DRAFT.

Dear Fantastical, Letter-Processing, Robot Man,

First of all, let me tell you that you look positively amazing. Have you lost weight? Atkins? Good for you!

Listen baby, let me cut to the chase. In general, I don't really read "comic books". As a famous producer and director of stage and screen, I lack the time and the basic literacy. However, I recently spotted an installment of this "Nextwave" publication on the desk of my personal manservant, Tomas. It's stunning and highly marketable visuals caught my talent-seeking eye. From what Tomas tells me, the text is also quite entertaining.

Now let me cut to the chase: We've all been enamored by the recent spat of films based on comic strips. Why, the live-action adaptation of "Marmaduke" has garnered nearly $600 Million in box office sales and has been universally praised by smiling studio executives and smiling studio spokespeople alike.

Let me really cut to the chase: I would like to transform "Nextwave" into an epic live-action production. I've already forced Tomas to write a script and put my name on it; I've got an A-list cast comprised of such actors as Orlando Bloom, Angelina Jolie, Charles Manson, my brother Marvin, Mr. Danny DeVito, and many other people that you've probably seen somewhere.

Finally, let me cut to the chase: All I need to make this happen is the support of the Beyond Corporation. If the fine people of Beyond would provide a mere budget of $450 Million, we can bring this masterpeice to life together.

Let me cut to the chase, your "Nextwave" serial is the most exciting oppurtunity I've seen in my 46 years in this business. This film will be the greatest ever made, and that is no exaggeration. Now give me your money. MONEY MONEY MONEY!

I smell Oscar. And he smells good. Like a grilled cheese sandwich.

Forever Yours,
Moony Schummacker

Hee hee. There's no way they wouldn't print that!

"I have made your mark in the blood of French Canadians". - Bad Guy

"Yes! I have a hundred of the Earth dollars!" - Evil Demon

"And the girls. I like those 'Suicide Girls'." - Evil Demon

"X-Men come back more than Jesus." - Monica

"The only one who didn't hit on me? Captain America. I don't think he likes girls." - Monica

"HOT DAMN! Get me a case of vodka, eight loose women and a stomach pump! STAT! Imma watch TEEVEE!!!" - General Anger

That's all you need to know about this issue. :lol:

But I was sad that there was no letters page.

Last edited:
This title only reminds me of why I so love Ellis.

Dirk Anger: It's alright, Mother. It's all right.

"Mother": It's not all right. It never will be all right again. Nothing will ever be the same. No good can come from a robot in a bra.

Victor Von Doom said:

"I have made your mark in the blood of French Canadians". - Bad Guy

"Yes! I have a hundred of the Earth dollars!" - Evil Demon

"And the girls. I like those 'Suicide Girls'." - Evil Demon

"X-Men come back more than Jesus." - Monica

"The only one who didn't hit on me? Captain America. I don't think he likes girls." - Monica

"HOT DAMN! Get me a case of vodka, eight loose women and a stomach pump! STAT! Imma watch TEEVEE!!!" - General Anger

That's all you need to know about this issue. :lol:

But I was sad that there was no letters page.

You forgot the best line in the book:

"Ew! Ew ew ew ew! They shot muck all over meee!"

"Like that's never happened before."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In terms of jokes per page, #7 is the winner. My favorite issue so far. Even though there wasn't a letters page. But it'll return, and hopefully moonmaster will someday grace the pages of H.A.T.E.Mail.

5/5

And Immonen's art, which I've always loved, really shined this issue. Great stuff.

If NEXTWAVE isn't on your pull list, you're a loser. Plain 'n simple.

E said:
You forgot the best line in the book:

"Ew! Ew ew ew ew! They shot muck all over meee!"

"Like that's never happened before."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No I didn't..........it was just too easy. :lol:

As posted on the Bendis board:

nextwave11.jpg

Greatest. Cover. Ever.

E said:
As posted on the Bendis board:

nextwave11.jpg

Greatest. Cover. Ever.

That is great. I love Warren Ellis.....especially when he takes jabs at other writers

Another shot at Millar and goats? :lol: His commentary intro to the "Jenny Sparks: Secret Origins of The Authority" was so awesome.

Civil War? :lol:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back