Nextwave series discussion (Spoilers!)

Warren Ellis said:
NEXTWAVE #12 will be the last issue of the ongoing series: but there will be more NEXTWAVE to come, presented as a sequence of limited series.

Well, at least we can look forward to more Nextwave in the future.

Last edited:
That's great news.

I knew I had heard that it was a 12-issues limited series. So Marvel misspoke...imagine that.

I was kind of sad that it wasn't going to be an ongoing, but if we're getting limited series here and there...that's better. Doesn't give it a change for interest to die out.

I knew I had heard that it was a 12-issues limited series. So Marvel misspoke...imagine that.
Erm wha?

Ellis said it was always going to be an ongoing. Marvel didn't mispeak.

So NEXTWAVE #12 will be the final issue of the ongoing series.

(To clear up a common misconception: NEXTWAVE was always pitched as an ongoing series. However, my original intent was to do 12 and then pass it on to someone else. This got garbled, somewhere down the chain of communication, and so the first issue or two got solicited as "part xxx of 12".)

However. The numbers game changes when you posit things in terms of limited series.

NEXTWAVE #12 will be the last issue of the ongoing series: but there will be more NEXTWAVE to come, presented as a sequence of limited series.
See? It wasn't ever meant to be a mini. Just since they can't afford to keep Stuart on as the artist, and Ellis won't do it without him, they're just going to end it there.

I don't know what my deal is. I see that it is probably a great thing or whatever, but I can never bring myself to buy it.

I don't know what my deal is. I see that it is probably a great thing or whatever, but I can never bring myself to buy it.

That's just crazy talk.

Buying is one thing. I can understand not buying it due to leveling out funds and whatnot.....but have you at least read any Nextwave issue?

That's just crazy talk.

Buying is one thing. I can understand not buying it due to leveling out funds and whatnot.....but have you at least read any Nextwave issue?

NO. And that's the thing. i just cant bring myself to get it yet i bought civil war cable/deadpool on complete impulse.

NO. And that's the thing. i just cant bring myself to get it yet i bought civil war cable/deadpool on complete impulse.

You need to go to a bookstore and read the first Vol of Nextwave. It's collected in hardback.

I guarantee you that you'll love it so much you'll track down all the other issues.

Apparently, Bass is just as horrified as the rest of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Ellis

Well, at least we can look forward to more Nextwave in the future.

ellis sent it out, I posted it - credit where credit's due please :)

Latest posts

Back