Nextwave series discussion (Spoilers!)

Nextwave#2 preview released...

http://comics.ign.com/articles/684/684422p1.html

January 30, 2006 - Nextwave #1 has sold out at Diamond but don't worry about beating yourself up if you missed out; after all, Nextwave is all about healing America by beating people up.

The creative team of Warren Ellis and Stuart Immonen are doing the unthinkable with Nextwave, but that's only because no else has thought to question why Fin Fang Foom wears underwear. Plus, anyone who has read the first issue loves it more than their own mother.

Drew Sheneman of the Newark Star Ledger says, "The concept combines humorous elements from his work on comics like Transmetropolitan and bizarre touches from his soon-to-be-completed run on Planetary. Ellis himself describes the series as 'People get kicked, things explode.' Who wouldn't like that?"

Kelvin Green of SilverBulletComicBooks.com says, "Ellis seems to be playing with the absurdities of the Marvel Universe…and it makes for a wonderful read, with every page having at least one eminently quotable moment. This is the Warren Ellis comic I've been waiting for."

Drew Harmon of SilverBulletComics.com gives Nextwave #1 a "5 out of 5. You should jump on Nextwave now, so you can say I was reading that since before it was cool, and cool is definitely what Nextwave is. Nextwave will be the Next Big Thing."

Nextwave is the newest ongoing series from Marvel bringing you action, explosions, and people getting kicked in easily digestible 1 to 2 issue story arcs. No antacid needed!

There are currently no plans to go back to press so retailers are advised to check their orders for issue #2, which features "Live Gill on Grill Action" as Machine Man takes on the legendary Fin Fang Foom. Oh yeah, and even more explosions and people getting kicked than the first issue.

Nextwave #2
32 full color pages
Written by: Warren Ellis
Art by: Stuart Immonen
Release Date: April 22, 2006
Price: $2.99

Pics are on the linked page...

Nextwave #1 Directors Cut

Bad Signal said:
NEXTWAVE DIRECTORS CUT #1 (DEC058188)
Marvel is going back to press and offering a special Directors
Cut edition of Next Wave #1 at no extra cost. FOC 2/23 on
sale 3/15. Retailers are advised to recheck their orders on
Nextwave #2 (DEC052025) which has moved to on sale 3/1
and an FOC of 2/9/06.

He also mentions #2 is done, so we can expect no delays. Hooray!

Re: Nextwave #1 Directors Cut

ProjectX2 said:
He also mentions #2 is done, so we can expect no delays. Hooray!
Good thing I haven't picked up my comics yet. Time to call my retailer and tell him to just save the Director's Cut for me instead. :D

I open this thread, and my media player plays the Nextwave theme tune.

That's freaky synchronicity. :scared:

HIS NAME IS THE CAPTAIN!​

Last edited:
so i picked this up a week late. and yeah, it ruled hard. like... every line was funny.

Two things.

1) I'm guessing that Nextwave is most definitely out-of-continuity.

2) I wish this were a MAX title so we could see Elsa's "soft bits." :D

Bad Signal said:
Pic 2
CUT TO: LITTLE CAPTAIN, eight years old, wearing the
same black-star-on-white t-shirt, stands in the doorway of
his bedroom. A silhouette of a hanged teddy bear is on the
wall. His little eyes are wide.

I-BOX:
THE CAPTAIN had as strange a childhood as any
of the Next Wave Squad:

LITTLE CAP:
...Special Bear?

Pic 3
CUT TO: The CAP'S MOM, stick thin and drunk off her ***,
vodka in hand, sits on the child's bed, pointing a flashlight at
Special Bear, a teddy who's been hanged from the light fitting,
neck broken.

MOM
Special Bear's dead.

It's interesting to see that each issue may have a flashback kinda thing...

Last edited:
Man, I suck. I FINALLY got this and...and...

*sniffle*

Its the most beautiful thing I've ever read.

And my robot brain needs beer.

MY LETTER, FIRST DRAFT.

Dear H.A.T.E. Mail,

I demand that you print this letter. It is so mind-explodingly, skull-****ingly, face-rockingly incredible that if you do not print it you will be shamed and ridiculed for the rest of your miserable lives. I know you'll do it. I know because I'm inside of your mind. Can't you feel your thoughts slipping away? Your times is over, Charles. I'm inside. And oh,...its so empty in here. Oh yeah, I went there. And I'll go there again. I'll go there whenever I please. Watch...watch...See, I just went there and came back. In fact, I go all places and do all things at all times. Yes, even France. I own France. And you're not allowed in. See, the sign says "NO GIRLS ALLOWED" so you can't come in! And I've got cupcakes in here, but you can't have any! Look, I'm stuffing my face with them. You are so jealous right now.

You may be thinking to yourself (Actually, I know your thinking this because I'm inside of your head and all) "I know what he's getting at, but what is the point?" The point is this: The Machines are coming. You know that. And Keanu can't save you this time. He's with me, here in France. He's eating a delicious cupcake right now and laughing about you. Oh yes, the Machines are coming. They have claws. Cold, steel claws. And we all know what they do with those claws. Yes, that orifice.

On that note, let me finish with this note: Crack is whack, and black is black, and once you go black, you never go back.

With My Undying and Sometimes Illegal Love,
The Master of the Moon.​

moonmaster said:
MY LETTER, FIRST DRAFT.

Dear H.A.T.E. Mail,

I demand that you print this letter. It is so mind-explodingly, skull-****ingly, face-rockingly incredible that if you do not print it you will be shamed and ridiculed for the rest of your miserable lives. I know you'll do it. I know because I'm inside of your mind. Can't you feel your thoughts slipping away? Your times is over, Charles. I'm inside. And oh,...its so empty in here. Oh yeah, I went there. And I'll go there again. I'll go there whenever I please. Watch...watch...See, I just went there and came back. In fact, I go all places and do all things at all times. Yes, even France. I own France. And you're not allowed in. See, the sign says "NO GIRLS ALLOWED" so you can't come in! And I've got cupcakes in here, but you can't have any! Look, I'm stuffing my face with them. You are so jealous right now.

You may be thinking to yourself (Actually, I know your thinking this because I'm inside of your head and all) "I know what he's getting at, but what is the point?" The point is this: The Machines are coming. You know that. And Keanu can't save you this time. He's with me, here in France. He's eating a delicious cupcake right now and laughing about you. Oh yes, the Machines are coming. They have claws. Cold, steel claws. And we all know what they do with those claws. Yes, that orifice.

On that note, let me finish with this note: Crack is whack, and black is black, and once you go black, you never go back.

With My Undying and Sometimes Illegal Love,
The Master of the Moon.​

BRILLIANT.

Latest posts

Back