Nextwave series discussion (Spoilers!)

moonmaster said:
MY LETTER, FIRST DRAFT.

Dear H.A.T.E. Mail,

I demand that you print this letter. It is so mind-explodingly, skull-****ingly, face-rockingly incredible that if you do not print it you will be shamed and ridiculed for the rest of your miserable lives. I know you'll do it. I know because I'm inside of your mind. Can't you feel your thoughts slipping away? Your times is over, Charles. I'm inside. And oh,...its so empty in here. Oh yeah, I went there. And I'll go there again. I'll go there whenever I please. Watch...watch...See, I just went there and came back. In fact, I go all places and do all things at all times. Yes, even France. I own France. And you're not allowed in. See, the sign says "NO GIRLS ALLOWED" so you can't come in! And I've got cupcakes in here, but you can't have any! Look, I'm stuffing my face with them. You are so jealous right now.

You may be thinking to yourself (Actually, I know your thinking this because I'm inside of your head and all) "I know what he's getting at, but what is the point?" The point is this: The Machines are coming. You know that. And Keanu can't save you this time. He's with me, here in France. He's eating a delicious cupcake right now and laughing about you. Oh yes, the Machines are coming. They have claws. Cold, steel claws. And we all know what they do with those claws. Yes, that orifice.

On that note, let me finish with this note: Crack is whack, and black is black, and once you go black, you never go back.

With My Undying and Sometimes Illegal Love,
The Master of the Moon.​

Too forced. Funny? Yeah....but there's so much obsurdity that it doensn't feel natural.

B-

and they won't print the once you go black line. :-D

Yeah, so I just got this too. I started to cry i was laughing so hard. It makes jokes on every aspect of comicdom and then goes farther. I loved it. Now I have to buy another copy because this one is all wet (from my crying you sickos)

Plus, they'll only print your letter if your name ends with Khan, Hitler or Da Vinci.

ProjectX2 said:
Plus, they'll only print your letter if your name ends with Khan, Hitler or Da Vinci.
khan2wq.jpg

Warren Ellis said:
NEXTWAVE #2 was moved to March 1 to let retailers adjust their orders in the face of the #1 sellout

This is for people who don't believe it when they are told that it's not always the artist's fault when books are delayed.

Just finished #2.

This is the most brilliant comic out now.

Basically Machine man jumps down Fin Fang Foom's throat, goes into his stomach, opens up and releases all these saws and huge cutting tools, cuts his heart out, and makes him puke it up.

That was the most important part.

And this had some of the most brillaint quotes I've ever read in a comic.

From the Q&A at the beginning of the book: "The Captain, also known as The Captain, is really strong and can fly. Though no one knows how or why. He's a bit sucky."

"Monica Rambeau can convert part or all of her mass into any form of electromagnetic energy in the spectrum. Except the ones they make up on Star Trek." :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's so obvious that Warren Ellis hates these characters that it can't help but work perfectly.

4.5/5

My favorite part was the discussion of why people are GOOD giant monster food.

And the jab at Disassembled was good, too...

Rhyo said:
And the jab at Disassembled was good, too...

Ah, forgot that one.

"Okay, so we can't break its hide. So we need a new plan. Lateral thinking."

"Is that what they taught you in the Avengers? That and beware of spooky chicks who think they've been made pregnant by robots?"

:lol:

Just finished #2 this morning. Again let me reiterate:

Victor Von Doom said:
O JOY TO THE WORLD!!! SWEET SASSY MOLASSY!!!! This is what it's all about!!!!!

If you're not reading Nextwave...you don't deserve to read comics. Seriously. Nextwave now goes to #2 on the Top 10 list......maybe it can knock out the Ultimates in #1 if Nextwave can be released continuously on time.

UltimateE said:
Ah, forgot that one.

"Okay, so we can't break its hide. So we need a new plan. Lateral thinking."

"Is that what they taught you in the Avengers? That and beware of spooky chicks who think they've been made pregnant by robots?"

:lol:
"I could make you pregnant."
"Not unless you could do it from over there, clanky."
"I am full of very useful devices."
"...Yes. Yes, you are."
"You're a bit old for me."
"Shut up."

"FING FANG FOOM PUT YOU IN HIS PANTS."

"I hate Monica Rambeau. I should never have let girls into such a sensitive part of the organization...I hate girls."
"General Anger?"
"Girls have soft bits. Agents of H.A.T.E. shouldn't have soft bits...They have hard bits. Muscles and stuff...I have hard bits."
"Yes, General Anger."
"I do. Lots of them...I think I'm having a nervous breakdown."
"Yes, General Anger."

nextWAVE
THIS IS WHAT THEY WANT!

"I make you die with steamy electrick mek bits now clack clack clack."
"More tea, Father?"
".....Confirmed."
"Father...are you crying?"
"Father Blood Drench Robo Crush simply has something in his lens. Leave Father Blood Drench Robo Crush alone now, Fleshy."

"FIN FANG FOOM'S EYES HURT REALLY A LOT."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Aaron is easily the best character in the book. I laugh whenever I think of the look on his face when he says "I could make you pregnant." or the Swiss Army knife in his chest.

After picking my jaw off the floor from reading this comic I decided it is the most important book in the history of the universe.

Giant dragons who wear pants...Hilarious! :grin:

I think the first issue was better.

Am I the only one who doesn't think this is LOL funny? It's funny in a weird way, but nothing to make me burst out laughing.

ProjectX2 said:
I think the first issue was better.

Am I the only one who doesn't think this is LOL funny? It's funny in a weird way, but nothing to make me burst out laughing.

I thought that about #1 actually, but I actually did laugh out loud at a couple of parts in #2.

-.- I almost cried when FFF's heart was "broken".

Seriously, this is one of THE best comics out today. The characterizations kill me, the art is awesome, and Ellis is my hero.

"DEATH TO FLESHY ONES!"

Latest posts

Back