Planetary

Re: Maybe I'm an idiot... (Planetary spoilers)

UltimateE said:
...but I totally did not see Elijah Snow as the 4th man coming.

I mean, I figured it out once he started realizing he was remembering things he was supposed to forget, but before that issue I thought it was going to be Brass.

I'm very disappointed with myself after reading people say they guessed it way ahead of time, but I am pleased that I was surprised.

This is a great book. I'm only through the second TPB (issue 12) but will be ordering #3 and the crossover TPB as well in about 2 minutes. :D
I myself didn't see that revelation coming either. But I liked it anyway.

I think the only people I've met who claim to have seen this coming were on this board, and there's a 50/50 chance that some of them are lying with the benefit of hindsight.

Compound suspected the Fourth Man was Warren Ellis himself, though, for reasons I'll explain some other time when I'm not late for class.

ourchair said:
I myself didn't see that revelation coming either. But I liked it anyway.

I think the only people I've met who claim to have seen this coming were on this board, and there's a 50/50 chance that some of them are lying with the benefit of hindsight.

Compound suspected the Fourth Man was Warren Ellis himself, though, for reasons I'll explain some other time when I'm not late for class.
I'd have been all for that. Little play on The Fourth Wall, plus the planet Fiction issue...

I wish The Fourth Man was Warren Ellis. That would be so awesome.

Guijllons said:
I wish I was Warren Ellis. That would be so awesome.
You aren't smart enough, you imbecillic, idiotic imbecile.

moonmaster said:
~checks criteria

can drink *check*
can talk bollocks *check*
is self obsessed *check*
can fire ping pong balls the of the carpark round the corner from my house out of my arse *check*

Dude.. I'm totally there.

Guijllons said:
~checks criteria

can drink *check*
can talk bollocks *check*
is self obsessed *check*
can fire ping pong balls the of the carpark round the corner from my house out of my arse *check*

Dude.. I'm totally there.
Ellis can do all of those things while communicating with God via his Telepeto Divination Orb.

I know because he just told me telepathically using his Brain Helmet.

Warren Ellis' mother died.

The next day, he woke up in bed and a spring from the mattress popped out and stabbed him in the penis.

moonmaster said:

moonmaster said:
Ellis can do all of those things while communicating with God via his Telepeto Divination Orb.

I know because he just told me telepathically using his Brain Helmet.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

As for Warren Ellis for being the Fourth Man.

I think that would've been great if #12 was the last issue and he wanted me to burn all the issues.

Sorry, but I think it's a profoundly stupid idea. But I'm sure Compound will spin it in a way that will sound quite good.

But he's not here, so screw him and his thought-ideas.

Bass said:
As for Warren Ellis for being the Fourth Man.

I think that would've been great if #12 was the last issue and he wanted me to burn all the issues.
I tend to think of that idea in a weird Grant Morrison/Mark Millar '**** you' kind of way, so I guess that makes sense --- it would end like a cross between The Filth and Wanted.

Ultimate Houde said:
What is Planetary?

Beg your pardon.

http://www.ultimatecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2681

That's the thread for discussion.

Planetary is about three superheroes who are essentially archaeologists as they dig up the secret wonders and history of the world. Each issue is self-contained but plays a part in the bigger story.

It's by Warren Ellis and John Cassady.

It's very good, and as these superheroes uncover these secrets, it is often a play on a pre-existing story archetype. For example, in one issue, they go to a Japanese island that was flooded with radiation and created these huge monsters. Another time, they hear the story of three alien protectors who came to earth - one from a dying planet, one part of an international space police corps, and another from a mystical, hidden island on earth full of women. Rather than just taking the piss out of these concepts, these concepts are used to fuel the series into being something more.

It's very good indeed.

ourchair said:
Don't be so condescending. This is the 'Maybe I'm an idiot' thread after all. :p

I wasn't being condescending at all. I was being apologetic. :(

Bass said:
I wasn't being condescending at all. I was being apologetic.:(
Well, apparently you're an "assmunch".

I would have answered your question, Houde but since you replied to the thread before without mentioning that you've never read the series, I assumed that you were joking.

So through my undefeatable form of Moon Logic, YOU are the assmunch now. SUCK ON THAT!

Bass said:
I wasn't being condescending at all. I was being apologetic. :(
It would've been more fun if you were. You are a mod now, after all. :twisted:

Latest posts

Back