PS3 Discussion

I sent you an invite back in September, but nothing happened. :wink:

What's your name again? I could've missed it... Was it Scorpion something? Because, if so, I just added you. I left my PS3 at home for a part of my semester...

Alright, I'll send you an invite pronto dude man. I've been on MW2 incessantly.

I am proud of my kill/death, which is at .72... Admittedly, I'm terrible at CoD, but I seem to have gotten used to these new maps.

Two days ago some slides from an investor meeting outlining a new subscription model were picked up on the Web. The slides caused many to question whether Sony is planning on charging for PSN service on the PS3. Today Sony confirmed that the company is planning on bringing an optional premium level service to the PS3.

I wrote several possibilities for the new subscription model recently. According to Gamespot, Kaz Hirai, CEO of SCE confirmed plans of creating a new premium PSN service some time next year. Hirai assured PS3 owners that the current PSN service will remain free and the company has no plans to charge gamers to play online.

According to Hirai, the new PSN subscription will offer premium content and services. The "services" part has me intrigued as it implies something else beside the additional content. My best guess is the long rumored PSN game and movie rental subscription service.

Gamers have noticed several months ago that PSN games started coming with expiration fields in the information section, which lead to the speculation of a game rental service. If true, this may be a great reason for consumers to try out games before buying.

From : http://gamer.blorge.com/2009/11/23/ps3-premium-psn-subscription-confirmed-with-more-details/

Sounds interesting enough the psn subscription has me interested

As long as they won't charge me when I want to play CoD that's fine. They should have figured this our sooner, though. This'll get people's feathers ruffled. Man, I wish Sony would start making smarter decisions. Either lower the cost of your games and have the system remain the same price or lower the cost of your system to compete directly with Xbox 360's. Something, I dunno.

Cool, Ice. We'll have to slay some terrorists together soon. :-D

Also, Mole. Loved your Christmas pic... Definitely loled.

hey any more of you guys that play modern warfare 2, add me. I've played with melendez so far and Demolition is now my favorite scenario next to dominion.

:D Premium Avatars appeared on PSN. I hadn't noticed unless i read it so I just bought one that looks cool :lol:

hey all, my internets have been down for the last while thats why i have not been around (Im stealing internet via my PS3's wifi) and i got 2 things to say

Uncharted is easily the best series on PS3, and

I got MUA2 for xmas and i've been trying tofdownload Cable, Carnage, Psylocke, Black Panther, Magneto, and Juggernaut but I can't find the DLC on PSN is it missing on PSN for anyone else?

I got MUA2 for xmas and i've been trying tofdownload Cable, Carnage, Psylocke, Black Panther, Magneto, and Juggernaut but I can't find the DLC on PSN is it missing on PSN for anyone else?

People on the sony message boards were talking about this. They think it has been removed for some reason.

Yea, I didn't care much for Uncharted, but Among Thieves is shockingly good... I would call it Best of 2009, actually. Better than MW2 and Assassin's Creed 2, although those games are incredible as well.

People on the sony message boards were talking about this. They think it has been removed for some reason.

Apparently on the original announcement it said it would only be available untile December 31st, 2009.

it's suspected that Activision and Marvel's contract is expiring, partially due to the Disney merger. Apparently Activision is no longer allowed to distribute content featuring Marvel characters, wich is why it was taken down.

while I'm dissapointed about the DLC, if the rest is true I'll be very happy. I can't stand Activision anymore, and I'd rather not see another Marvel game fall victim to another limp effort like MUA2 or Spider-Man: Web of Shadows.

Last edited:
Apparently on the original announcement it said it would only be available untile December 31st, 2009.

it's suspected that Activision and Marvel's contract is expiring, partially due to the Disney merger. Apparently Activision is no longer allowed to distribute content featuring Marvel characters, wich is why it was taken down.

while I'm dissapointed about the DLC, if the rest is true I'll be very happy. I can't stand Activision anymore, and I'd rather not see another Marvel game fall victim to another limp effort like MUA2 or Spider-Man: Web of Shadows.

I'd like to see a Marvel game with the quality of Arkham Asylum. That sets a standard for comic character games, in my opinion.

is it me or does the new PS3 Move really look like a
dildo?

when I first saw it, I thought it was just a prototype, they might change the style of it, but after E3 it doesn't look like it.

I was reading this FAQ on IGN, and I couldn't help but laugh.

Is the ping pong ball on top of the controller going to break if I drop the Move?

Probably not – and definitely not like you think. Looking at the PlayStation Move, the light-up bulb on top of the wand seems hard, but in reality, it's pliable. It's rubbery. Don't think of it as a ping pong ball; it's more like a clown nose. You squeeze it and it deforms. Release it, and it returns to its original shape.

Does it vibrate?

Sure does.

It's really stupid that you have to be subscribed to the paid service in order to use Hulu+, which is a paid service.

Boooooooo Sony.

Latest posts

Back