Punisher MAX (Ennis #1-60) Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: Punisher MAX Series Discussion *Spoilers*

PUNISHER #55
Written by GARTH ENNIS
Penciled by GORAN PARLOV
Cover by TIM BRADSTREET
"VALLEY FORGE, VALLEY FORGE: THE SLAUGHTER OF A U.S. MARINE GARRISON AND THE BIRTH OF THE PUNISHER," PART 1
Garth Ennis concludes his seminal run on PUNISHER -- in style. Thirty-five years ago, the Fifth Cavalry disgorged their troops on an isolated Vietnamese hilltop and was met by a scene of utter devastation. The final body count ran to well over seven-hundred -- almost 200 hundred of them American soldiers. Standing alone amidst the carnage, a sole survivor: Captain Frank Castle, who years later would be known as the most fearsome vigilante to walk the Earth: The Punisher. Now the Punisher is about to face his stiffest test: He's hunted big game in his day, but none as big as this. Five men with unlimited resources. Men who'd put anything between themselves and the Punisher's bullet. Men who know exactly who he is…and how to fight him.
32 PGS./Explicit Content …$2.99​

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry:

CRAP! CRAP! CRAP!

I'm gonna miss this.

We'll have had... what? 100 issues of Ennis fuelled Punisher?

Maybe he'll be back on when whoever else takes over drives the comic into the ground.

I didn't even like the Punisher until Ennis. I didn't like Ennis until the Punisher. I liked neither. But I knew, from the moment of the announcement, this would be perfect. And it was.

I'm glad for all we had, that's for certain.

Last edited:

Curse your edits Bass :lol:

Last edited:

No more Ennis...this is bad.

Was this solit the first that has been heard about him leaving? No word on a successor?

No more Ennis...this is bad.

Was this solit the first that has been heard about him leaving? No word on a successor?

I think I posted about it a while ago.

Some Duane somebody is supposedly taking over.

if you got the marvel MAX sampler theyre was preveiw art for #61

i beleive the team will be Duane Sweirzcynski and the guy who did the art on the annual

Ironically, or perhaps appropriately, I feel like wearing a skull t-shirt and killing people.

*sob*

It was great seeing Punisher trying to protect Sarah. His intermonolgue was very touching and shows how human he is.

And the fights between him and Barracuda are comic legend.

I just got Widow Maker. I can't believe how great this book is.

I read #53 and it was great, really, but I'm starting to feel like Barracuda's durability is getting a little ridiculous.

Flame me all you want, but his getting out of the car was kind of silly. Sneaking up on Frank at the end even more so.

Latest posts

Back