Punisher: War Zone (Spoilers)

Re: Punisher: War Zone

Sorry to double-post, but this is the first post since the beginning of, like, August. I just re-watched the trailer. This movie looks excessively violent. There are brief glimpses of Jigsaw in the trailer; I'm glad he doesn't look like Two-Face from The Dark Knight (he actually looks more like Mason Verger from Hannibal, or Arseface from the canceled View Askew Preacher movie). I don't think this movie will have much depth, but oh well. Ray Stevenson looks exactly like how Tim Bradstreet draws the Punisher. I don't like the way his armor looks though.

1) Why has Jigsaw's civilian name been changed from Billy Russo to Billy Russoti?

OMIGOSH the director is a GIRL?!:shock:
I have two responses to this one, and I can't decide which one to use, so I'll use both.

I knoes, how can a girl direct guys! She doesn't even have a penis!!!

I find the notion of a girl telling men how to shoot their fake guns at each other extremely hot.

The film is shot, done, they are simply in editing phases, and yet they've fired Lexi Alexander from any further involvement. Now while it could be better than what it would have been had they not fired her, it certainly says a lot about Marvel's faith in them. They could get a great editor, but if what's been filmed is ****, it's not going to matter how they put it all together.

I'll see it on DVD. Maybe.
Turns out the director isn't fired after all. At least, that what IGN qoutes Lionsgate officially saying in an article.

So I finally saw a tv spot the other day. I find pretty odd that I personally have not see one piece of footage till. And I did not like what I see. It was way too much of the "OMG action with a cold "bad ***" character in a grimly-neon lit set." I really love the last movie, it reminded me of classic action films and we could really use more of that, rather than cgi though impressive offers not real thrill due to a low grasp of reality

now this is out anyone seen it seen it yet? if so how was it compared to the last one?

Punisher hanging from a chandelier was probably the most retarded part of the movie.

But good thing that was the only moment like that in the movie.

I went in expecting this horrid trash of a movie, but I thought it had huge steps in the right direction. Minus the chandelier scene, all the violence was straight out of the MAX comics.

Jigsaw was boring as always, and the other villains were pretty lame. The movie did follow too many bad cliches.

But now that I seen it, I think Stevenson is a terrific Punisher, but better than Jane? I can't decide. I like them both.

Overall, I like it more the last one. Detective Soap and Microchip were both great.

I didn't see it, I probably won't till after it's on dvd (and I'll most likely rent it). I had no hope for this film. Delayed four times and one of the reasons was cause Thomas Jane dropped out... I almost never read reviews but I checked up on this one and everyone said it bombed.

I don't even know when dvd comes out but it sounds like its worth checking out

The part in the trailer where the Punisher interrupts all those mobsters having dinner, cuts the power or whatever, and says "This is just the beginning" reminds me of the part in Batman: Year One where Batman does almost the exact same thing to Comr. Loeb and the others.

"I'd like to get my hands on God" sounds like the part in the last movie where the witch doctor says "God be with you, Castle," and he's like "God's gonna sit this one out." This movie looks really cliche.

"I'd like to get my hands on God" is actually a line from the MAX comics.

It is delivered better in the movie than the trailer.

Latest posts

Back