Punisher: War Zone (Spoilers)

Re: Punisher 2

Pretty decent (read: obligatory) interview by director Lexi Alexander on "Punisher-WarZone" over at IGN.

Click for more...

IGN: Does this film take place in the Marvel universe or its own world?
Lexi Alexander: Well, I think in the sense of the other Marvel characters, it's definitely in its own world. In terms of location, though, we call it "the Marvel New York" because rather than setting it in the real New York I wanted to have a little bit of a surreal feeling.

IGN: What will differentiate your version of the Punisher story that you think fans will truly appreciate?

Alexander: Well, the last Punisher movie really wasn't relevant to us -- like there's a lot of comparison to it, but none of us or any of the people on the team ever looked at it and said, "OK, how can we be different or better?" We just kind of made our own film, and the one thing I concentrated on was to really make it as close to the Marvel Max series as possible. I think we really achieved it in terms of the look as well as the tone. When I look at the dailies I'm getting, seriously I think I'm looking at a Max comic book in front of me because it's the same tone.

I get this question a lot and it really wasn't relevant. I think the feeling of it is going to be much darker and I think that one thing the comic fans will realize immediately is that the world we create feels like the comic book world in terms of the look as well. The reason that I've been sick all week is because I've been shooting in minus-degrees all night for eight weeks; I literally haven't seen daylight. I'm like a vampire [laughs]. So you can imagine how this movie's going to look. It's all dark and cold.

And when she says she's going for the MAX look/feel....she's not joking. Later in the interview she's asked about a favorite scene from the Punisher comics and she references a flashback scene from MAX Vol1: In The Beginning.

It's just nice to know that she's basing her movie off THE definitive Frank Castle comic. Which makes the pic above all the more acceptable.

Last edited:

It's going to be weird to see Ray Stevenson with an American accent, but his presense alone will make this worth seeing. I was so disappointed to hear the dropped Jane, but if they could get anyone to replace him, Stevenson it is.

It's going to be weird to see Ray Stevenson with an American accent, but his presense alone will make this worth seeing. I was so disappointed to hear the dropped Jane, but if they could get anyone to replace him, Stevenson it is.
They didn't drop Jane. He chose to walk out on the movie.

First look at the type of weaponry Frank Castle will be sporting in this new movie.

Gun.jpg

"This is a prototype weapon used by the Punisher in the final battle of the movie. It is a Smith and Wesson model 500 .50 magnum that was converted by Knight's Armament Co, by request from Jon Barton and Monty Hom to give the Punisher the most unique hand cannon ever seen! "

Source: SHH Board

While promoting her new film Rambo, Julie Benz had quite a different look. She walked into the room as a brunette and she laughed and said it was for yet another project of hers -- Punisher: War Zone.

The very giggly actress couldn't give up much info about the flick, but she did tell us she plays a very different character than she does in Rambo.

"Her name is Angela Donatelli," Benz said. "She's an Italian from Brooklyn, New York. Unlike Sarah [in 'Rambo'] who is very soft and vulnerable, Angela has got a little bit more of an edge. She's more of a fighter. She's a bit of a momma bear. She's got a little child she's protecting. She's not really happy with anybody. She's kind of in a bad mood."

More here : http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6686

cool , I Julie Benz and think it'll be cool seeing her in this

Trailer:

http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/382367/punisher-war-zone/videos/punisher2_trailer_061008.html

this looks like the Hitman movie, except with odd body armour (neck protection, seriously?)

I have a feeling this won't be good as the Thomas Jane movie (which itself wasn't spectacular)

could we change the title of the thread to Punisher: War Zone?

apparently this is coming in December

oh... my....god...

it's Crow: City of Angels all over again...

I think it could be a really fun and exciting chunk of badassery, but not much more. I love the Tom Jane Punisher film so it's disappointing they're not continuing it, and what's more is that I think Ray Stevenson deserves much better stuff that this. He could be the next Russell Crow if he plays his cards right.

The funny thing is that Ray Stevenson looks and kind of sounds a lot more like MAX Punisher than Jane did.

But the movie itself just looks so horribly generic...

Latest posts

Back