Resident Evil (video game series)

DiB took care of most of my points. The fact is, Mole, most people disagree with you. Resident Evil 4 got outstanding ratings on pretty much every review website and game magazine, won several Game of the Year awards, was a huge success, and was met extremely well by fans (Which you could have seen on message boards and such).

If you don't like it, fine. But to go on a rant, saying that we're Resident Evil fanboys is simply foolish.

First I never play resident evil games on easy.

Apparently you didn't play RE4 on Hard/Difficult, either. You'd find its MUCH more challenging than the Normal mode. Way less ammo, enemies are much more difficult.

good non-resident evil games?

[*]Knights of the old republic

[*]Oblivion

Never played them.

[*]Mario

[*]Sonic

[*]The Sims

All classics.

[*]Street fighter II

I never understood why people liked the Street Fighter series. They're just simplistic fighting games. Thats a discussion for another thread, though.

[*]Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64 (did not like double-dash)

Agree, both are some of my all-time favorite games (also agree Double Dash was lame).

[*]Lego Star wars 1 +2

Didn't like the first one, never played the second one.

Even if I don't see what this has to with the topic

Remember what I said about your comprehension? I just said the reason I asked was:

DIrishB said:
I ask because I'm trying to understand what you find value in a game, or what makes a good game in your opinion.

It doesn't have to do specifically with the title as much as understanding why you didn't like it (and in turn what you do like).

We'll just leave it at having different tastes.

So anyone have a favorite boss? I'd have to say mine was the short dude in the captains uniform, can't remember his name though (Balthazar?). Also, the blind mini bosses in the castle with the claws (Garrados?) were scary as hell.

I think mine was the Giant. Only because of the epic feeling it gave. Enjoyed the final fight against Saddler too.

DiB took care of most of my points. The fact is, Mole, most people disagree with you. Resident Evil 4 got outstanding ratings on pretty much every review website and game magazine, won several Game of the Year awards, was a huge success, and was met extremely well by fans (Which you could have seen on message boards and such).

If you don't like it, fine. But to go on a rant, saying that we're Resident Evil fanboys is simply foolish.

I don't think he's intentionally meaning it like that. He's obviously a large RE fan himself, he just didn't like RE4. Thats fine. If you don't like it, you don't like it. Its just almost every reason he's given has been almost the opposite of what the reality of the situation is, hence my constant question asking.

Anyway, RE4 is one of my favorite games, ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

I only mentioned that in one post.

The only reason is I said one sentence
Resident evil 4 if that was the one with out zombies sucked. Seriously who would come up with the idea of resident evil with out zombies must be retarded or something.

And everyone was acting like "We like it so you have to" type which would either be a)fanboy or b)Hitler I chose the worse of the two options

(Hey say what you like about hitler but when he was in charge at least the trains ran on time :lol: )

And I don't care if everyone likes it it won awards ect.. I'm not going to say I like something just because everyone else says it. if I like it or don't I make up my own mind and I say what I think.

and Iceshadow my favourite boss was nemesis I liked the fact he kept coming back so when you beat him you were never really sure each time. Who else besides me was disappointed at how he died in film? It was such a weak death (unless he's back in 3rd one not read much about 3rd one yet)

I only mentioned that in one post.

The only reason is I said one sentence

And everyone was acting like "We like it so you have to" type which would either be a)fanboy or b)Hitler I chose the worse of the two options

Not at all, at least not on my part. Like I said, the only thing I didn't understand were your claims and reasons for not liking RE4 seemed to almost all be the opposite of what was actually going on in the game. It could be a matter of opinion in most cases...but I'm still wondering what you meant about those "plot holes" created by RE4's cut-scenes. Stuff like that, with no explanation given by yourself, makes me dubious.

(Hey say what you like about hitler but when he was in charge at least the trains ran on time :lol: )

:sure:

What does that have to do with anything again?

And I don't care if everyone likes it it won awards ect.. I'm not going to say I like something just because everyone else says it. if I like it or don't I make up my own mind and I say what I think.

Fair enough. I'm only trying to understand why you disliked it. Again, what the hell did you mean about plot-holes?

and Iceshadow my favourite boss was nemesis I liked the fact he kept coming back so when you beat him you were never really sure each time. Who else besides me was disappointed at how he died in film? It was such a weak death (unless he's back in 3rd one not read much about 3rd one yet)

I do agree there. Nemesis was badass. I'm not sure if he'll be in the third movie, and I honestly can't remember much about the second RE movie featuring him, so can't remember how he died. I'll have to DL it and check it out.

I think it would be cool in a future RE game to have to run a gamut of all the heavy duty Umbrella BOWs, like the various Tyrants/Mr. X/Nemesis. Stock up on heavy-duty ammo and just start shooting. That would be scha-weet!

What does that have to do with anything again?

That was a joke.

but as for you asking me to explain the plot holes. No. because we both said we done with this. That's why I'm not bringing up any more points all i've done since is explain the fanboy statement and mentioned games I like.

If you don't see the plot holes fine good for you. For me they just jumped out at me but nevermind

LaLaLa...

I like Resident Evil...I had fun playing RE4.

I don't know what else to put here.

That was a joke.

but as for you asking me to explain the plot holes. No. because we both said we done with this. That's why I'm not bringing up any more points all i've done since is explain the fanboy statement and mentioned games I like.

If you don't see the plot holes fine good for you. For me they just jumped out at me but nevermind

Could you PM them to me then? I can understand not wanting to continue it in the thread, but as a HUGE Resident Evil fan, I'd honestly like to know what you mean. Are you referring to plot holes in the game itself, or in comparison to the other games? And mind you, there are plenty of plot holes and discontinuity in the other games themselves (especially between RE 2 and 3, the Police Station location, etc.). Seriously, I honestly want to know what you mean.

Was something not tied up? As far as I can remember everything was, but if not, clue me in.

So, Umbrella Chronicles is going to be an on-rails shooter instead of a horror game.

Lame!

:shock: HUH!? What the. . .

Well. . .as long as its good and as long as it explains what happened to Umbrella, I'll enjoy it.

I never really played RE for the horror. I play Silent Hill for that.

So, Umbrella Chronicles is going to be an on-rails shooter instead of a horror game.

Lame!

Not true. That was only a rumor, at least according to Wikipedia (though there is a link to a reliable response from the developers themselves saying it wasn't true). It supposedly will play just like (or very much like) RE4, which I think is a great thing. Especially with the option of the Wii-mote! Hell, yeah!

Yeah I just heard that today, super lame. I want RE 5 dammit!

Yeah, I'm actually going to purchase a PS3 (my first PS of any kind, mind you), merely because RE5 will be on it, and all my other PS RE games will play on it. Really looking forward to that one, but I'm also eagerly awaiting Umbrella Chronicles as well.

Not true. That was only a rumor, at least according to Wikipedia (though there is a link to a reliable response from the developers themselves saying it wasn't true). It supposedly will play just like (or very much like) RE4, which I think is a great thing. Especially with the option of the Wii-mote! Hell, yeah!

2 things

1) hell yeah if it's like the normal games plus wiimote using = very cool. glad i paid for a wii today

2) thank you! most people i see say wii remote but you say what i do Wiimote (just sounds funny.)

That was an informative interview. I'm glad to hear that not only will it be adapting RE 0, 1, 2, and 3 storylines, but that it will also have stories which take place between RE3 and 4, and delve into the collapse of Umbrella better. Can't wait for this game!

I liked that

I just didn't like the fact its a shooter but will still get it

I liked that

I just didn't like the fact its a shooter but will still get it

???

That was the first piece of news released, that it was a FPS. I'm not sure why thats a surprise to you.

Besides, since its not a numbered sequel (like RE5), this is a perfect opportunity to try something different--though not new, as RE Survivor 1 & 2 and Dead Aim all had FPS type controls or layouts.

Hopefully, this will actually be a worthy RE FPS, unlike the previous ones (though Dead Aim wasn't bad, just kind of boring).

???

That was the first piece of news released, that it was a FPS. I'm not sure why thats a surprise to you.

Besides, since its not a numbered sequel (like RE5), this is a perfect opportunity to try something different--though not new, as RE Survivor 1 & 2 and Dead Aim all had FPS type controls or layouts.

Hopefully, this will actually be a worthy RE FPS, unlike the previous ones (though Dead Aim wasn't bad, just kind of boring).

it was beacuse when you said

Not true. That was only a rumor, at least according to Wikipedia (though there is a link to a reliable response from the developers themselves saying it wasn't true). It supposedly will play just like (or very much like) RE4, which I think is a great thing. Especially with the option of the Wii-mote! Hell, yeah!.

I assumed you meant It was like a normal resident evil game

sorry my bad

Latest posts

Back