Resident Evil (video game series)

it was beacuse when you said

I assumed you meant It was like a normal resident evil game

sorry my bad

I was just going on the info at that time. Its been revealed through gameplay footage that it really is a rail shooter, though this doesn't lessen the appeal for me any.

The gameplay footage I've seen looks great, and there will be plenty of surprises in store, no doubt. The boss battle with the giant snake (can't remember if it was originally from RE0 of RE1) looks intense.

I was just going on the info at that time. Its been revealed through gameplay footage that it really is a rail shooter, though this doesn't lessen the appeal for me any.

The gameplay footage I've seen looks great, and there will be plenty of surprises in store, no doubt. The boss battle with the giant snake (can't remember if it was originally from RE0 of RE1) looks intense.

It lessens it for me as I have a horrible feeling it will be like survivor just better graphics and a couple of new features (Wii mote as gun is not one of the new features as you could play survivor with light gun)

but I'll still buy it and see for my self

It lessens it for me as I have a horrible feeling it will be like survivor just better graphics and a couple of new features (Wii mote as gun is not one of the new features as you could play survivor with light gun)

Its new for me, as I never bought the lightgun. On the other hand, the Wii-mote comes with the system. Added bonus.

I'm definitely getting it. It's got the superior graphics of the GCN version, the extra content of the PS2 version, the Wii motion sensing controls, 16:9 Widescreen support, AND to top it all off. . .it's only 20 bucks!

DAMN good deal for such a superb game, if you ask me.

So I went to the mall Saturday and picked up Resident Evil 4 for the Wii. It was $30. But it's ****ing worth it.

Right now, I just finished chapter 2-3. I absolutely love this game. I don't care that there's no zombies in here. RE isn't about zombies. Yes, zombies have been part of RE, but it's not the other way around.

Only problem I have is that it takes too long to kill the people, even with headshots. And a shotgun up close should be a one-hit KO! :(

But that's my only little peeve. Everything else has been gravy. I can't wait to play more.

I was thinking of getting Resident Evil 4 for Wii even if i'm not big fan of that game just for improvements.

But I guarantee I'll get Umbrella Chronicles. I ironically didn't want it as it's an on the rails shooter and I thought boring , How can they possibly make it interesting ?

At E3 I got my answer when they revealed this

Look at how cool this looks in action http://youtube.com/watch?v=kEYo_N5y0sY

and of course Resident 5 on 360

dude, Umbrella Chronicles is gonna take me and all my friends time, day in and day out. Can't wait for 2 player zombie killin'

So I went to the mall Saturday and picked up Resident Evil 4 for the Wii. It was $30. But it's ****ing worth it.

Right now, I just finished chapter 2-3. I absolutely love this game. I don't care that there's no zombies in here. RE isn't about zombies. Yes, zombies have been part of RE, but it's not the other way around.

Only problem I have is that it takes too long to kill the people, even with headshots. And a shotgun up close should be a one-hit KO! :(

But that's my only little peeve. Everything else has been gravy. I can't wait to play more.

After the first boss head shots become a lot less trustworthy. One good way to kill guys (if your one on one) is to shoot them in the kneecap and then knife the hell out of them when they're down. Also don't forget your kicks and suplexes, also I've noticed in this game that ammo is more scarce, so remember if you want to refill weapons like the magnum then just buy a capacity upgrade which refills your ammo.

After the first boss head shots become a lot less trustworthy. One good way to kill guys (if your one on one) is to shoot them in the kneecap and then knife the hell out of them when they're down. Also don't forget your kicks and suplexes, also I've noticed in this game that ammo is more scarce, so remember if you want to refill weapons like the magnum then just buy a capacity upgrade which refills your ammo.
Sweet, thanks.

I was thinking of getting Resident Evil 4 for Wii even if i'm not big fan of that game just for improvements.

But I guarantee I'll get Umbrella Chronicles. I ironically didn't want it as it's an on the rails shooter and I thought boring , How can they possibly make it interesting ?

At E3 I got my answer when they revealed this

Look at how cool this looks in action http://youtube.com/watch?v=kEYo_N5y0sY

and of course Resident 5 on 360

Dude, thats tubular!

;)

Seriously, though, for the Wii, that gun-handle for the remote looks like it'd be a lot of fun.

Dude, thats tubular!

;)

I hate you :lol:

Seriously, though, for the Wii, that gun-handle for the remote looks like it'd be a lot of fun.

Hell yeah! Think of Metroid prime , Resident evil Umbrella Chronicles , That medle of honour game they showed , call of duty and more.

I'm not a big fps fan but holy crap this has even me thinking FPS on Wii are going to just kick ***

So last night I just got into the castle. I sold my handgun and still have the Punisher, Shotgun, Rifle, and just bought the Rocket Launcher. There are new weapons and I haven't gotten them yet.

So last night I just got into the castle. I sold my handgun and still have the Punisher, Shotgun, Rifle, and just bought the Rocket Launcher. There are new weapons and I haven't gotten them yet.

You probably wasted your money with the Rocket Launcher (it's only one shot and you get a free one in the castle), also don't buy the riot shotgun, just wait till the striker becomes available. Likewise don't waste money on the Killer7 or the TMP

You probably wasted your money with the Rocket Launcher (it's only one shot and you get a free one in the castle), also don't buy the riot shotgun, just wait till the striker becomes available. Likewise don't waste money on the Killer7 or the TMP
A free one? Craaaaap.

Oh, well, that's fine. Money always appear and I always sell things. I already have the TMP and it's actually helped me a A LOT, especially in the last boss battle that took me a while. I'm always selling the grenades. I use them if I have them when I'm in a tight situation, but other than that they're gonners.

But now I will stay away from the Killer 7 and the riot shotgun.

A free one? Craaaaap.

Oh, well, that's fine. Money always appear and I always sell things. I already have the TMP and it's actually helped me a A LOT, especially in the last boss battle that took me a while.

Well if you like it you might as well keep it, I just always found it to take up too much space for it to be useful.

I'm always selling the grenades. I use them if I have them when I'm in a tight situation, but other than that they're gonners.

But now I will stay away from the Killer 7 and the riot shotgun.

I always found the grenades to be useful (especially at one point in the castle after you go through the sewers), by the way flash grenades kill those parasites that come out enemies' exploded heads.
Make sure you get the broken butterfly sometime later in the castle (fully upgraded it ****s up anything).
Also invest in the semiautomatic rifle, it's invaluable.

Last edited:
Well if you like it you might as well keep it, I just always found it to take up too much space for it to be useful.
Oh that's right, I can sell it right back! :lol:

Where in the castle does it appear again?

I always found the grenades to be useful (especially at one point in the castle after you go through the sewers), by the way flash grenades kill those parasites that come out enemies' exploded heads.
Make sure you get the broken butterfly sometime later in the castle (fully upgraded it ****s up anything).
Also invest in the semiautomatic rifle, it's invaluable.

Keep flash grenades. Got it. Better than wasting the bullets on the parasites.

Broken Butterfly- fully upgraded. Thanks. And speaking of which, what's the highest level for upgrading? I got some to upgrade to Lv. 4.

And Semiautomatic rifle. Check! Does that mean I sell the regular rifle?

Last edited:
Oh that's right, I can sell it right back! :lol:

Where in the castle does it appear again?

But only for half of what you bought it at:D. I'm gonna say it appears about half way through the castle.

Keep flash grenades. Got it. Better than wasting the bullets on the parasites.

I'd keep all of them, you're going to run into more grouped enemies, and a grenade is easier than wasting ammo, and the green ones are good against El Gigantes.

Broken Butterfly- fully upgraded. Thanks. And speaking of which, what's the highest level for upgrading? I got some to upgrade to Lv. 4.

And Semiautomatic rifle. Check! Does that mean I sell the regular rifle?

Upgrading changes from weapon to weapon, for instance you can't upgrade the butterfly's firing speed but you can upgrade it's firepower 5x. And after you upgrade all of a weapon's abilities fully, then you get a special upgrade for that gun (butterfly gets firepower of 50, striker gets a holding capacity of 100 shells, etc). And yes sell your regular rifle and scope and buy the semi ASAP.

But only for half of what you bought it at:D. I'm gonna say it appears about half way through the castle.
I know it's by half, but it's better than nothing.

I'd keep all of them, you're going to run into more grouped enemies, and a grenade is easier than wasting ammo, and the green ones are good against El Gigantes.

Upgrading changes from weapon to weapon, for instance you can't upgrade the butterfly's firing speed but you can upgrade it's firepower 5x. And after you upgrade all of a weapon's abilities fully, then you get a special upgrade for that gun (butterfly gets firepower of 50, striker gets a holding capacity of 100 shells, etc). And yes sell your regular rifle and scope and buy the semi ASAP.
Thanks for the info!

Latest posts

Back