Runaways Vol. 2 #1-24 (Brian K. Vaughan/Adrian Alphona) (spoilers)

Re: Runaways series discussion (spoilers)

iceman said:
i don't think it will happen for a while. both alex's and gert's deaths were heavily planned. bkv is smart enough to know that a gimmick will only work a few times, and only if done exceedingly well, and that any original death after this (at least in the next few years) would simply be an escape to easy writing.

That is what I am counting on. As I said, he is the bomb-diggity.:D

Ok.......I LOVE BKV's work. Seriously. If his work were an actual person...I'd love them unconditionally. If his work were a guy....I'd go gay for him. :lol:

Sadly, the same cannot be said for Norton's art. It didn't fit at all. It actually kept me from really enjoying this issue.

5/5 for the story

1.5/5 for the art

And tennage goth girls who sleep with everyone they get a chance with, regardless of reasons, is still a slut. I never did like Nico and I probably never will.

Last edited:

Victor Von Doom said:
And tennage goth girls who sleep with everyone they get a chance with, regardless of reasons, is still a slut. I never did like Nico and I probably never will.

Victor is the first person she *possibly* slept with. Thus far, we have no 100% evidence that she's actually slept with anyone.:?
It's okay that you don't like her character, but just because you don't like her doesn't mean she's a slut.

Norton's art, especially when coming down from the art-enduced high that Alphona gives me, becomes more of a bummer each time I re-read the issue. Most of his faces are bland and emotionless, and I found myself imagining Alphona's art in place of Norton's at some points, especially Nico's weird-*** outfit. That said, I still prefer Norton to Miyazawa as a fill-in artist. I hope having a fill-in artist at the beginning of this Volume (I'm assuming a Vol. 3 hardcover would collect #19-36) means the rest of it will be drawn by Alphona.

Cmon she totally did it 2 times with Victor.
I want to know what Chase is doing. And that Skrull guy/gal needs some whupping

Last edited:

MY list of the runaway characters in the order from most liked to least liked.

Victor
Alex while he was alive and before he died it really shocked me
Karolina
Chase
Molly
Xavin
Nico
Gert

So YAY that she died

*waits for high five*

and her death is gonna do wonders to Chase's character

VVD said:
I never did like Nico and I probably never will.
What he said.

Last edited:

Sacred&Profane said:
Victor is the first person she *possibly* slept with. Thus far, we have no 100% evidence that she's actually slept with anyone.:?
It's okay that you don't like her character, but just because you don't like her doesn't mean she's a slut.

Dude....you are reading WAY too deep in the slut joke. It's just that....a joke.

I've just never cared for her character period. The whole reluctant leader shtick just doesn't work for me. You either lead or step aside and let someone else do it.

Victor Von Doom said:
Dude....you are reading WAY too deep in the slut joke. It's just that....a joke.

I've just never cared for her character period. The whole reluctant leader shtick just doesn't work for me. You either lead or step aside and let someone else do it.

So she was the submissive?

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
So she was the submissive?

Better than the gimp! :lol:

Pulp_Fiction_Gimp_link.jpg

Victor Von Doom said:
Yeah, I figured.

To tell you the truth, I've never even understood why she's the leader. Though I love Nico, I think Victor would make a better leader than her. I'd love to see Xavin's reaction if Nico stepped down and gave the leader role to Victor.

I predict that Nico will soon go insane and try to magic up some babies for her and Victor...

jtg3885 said:
I predict that Nico will soon go insane and try to magic up some babies for her and Victor...

Leading to "Runaways Disassembled" where the Runaways have to stop her and her insane acts and she kills eveyone except Chase and Molly.

Written by Bendis of course.

Sacred&Profane said:
Yeah, I figured.

To tell you the truth, I've never even understood why she's the leader. Though I love Nico, I think Victor would make a better leader than her. I'd love to see Xavin's reaction if Nico stepped down and gave the leader role to Victor.

Because Victor's too new. Sure, they may trust Victor now (maybe. Then again, he's an evil robot who killed future Gert), but even so, he's not part of the original crew. He didn't face the Pride, or the evil vampire, or deal with most of the **** that defines them as a team. He may be the most qualified, but the team's going to immediately gravitate to who they're more comfortable with. I'd think that her being with Alex, who, despite the betrayal, they thought of as a leader, adds some other credence to her position of power.

Zombipanda said:
Because Victor's too new. Sure, they may trust Victor now (maybe. Then again, he's an evil robot who killed future Gert), but even so, he's not part of the original crew. He didn't face the Pride, or the evil vampire, or deal with most of the **** that defines them as a team. He may be the most qualified, but the team's going to immediately gravitate to who they're more comfortable with. I'd think that her being with Alex, who, despite the betrayal, they thought of as a leader, adds some other credence to her position of power.
I think they trust him. Chase has shown his about face on the subject of Kid Ultron, Nico just did the deed with him, Karolina trusts everyone, and as of YA/Runaways #1 Molly seems to have replaced Gert with Victor as the one she follows around and and talks to all the time. As for Xavin, he's like Wonderman he doesn't count. Not yet anyway.

That said I agree, he's too new to be a leader.

roguefan said:
Just get Skotti to draw the art for you.
Oh, I have a 30" tall poster of Nico, Karolina, Cassie, and Kate Bishop on the back of my door right now. It's hawt. Personally, I didn't think Cassie was that flexible... but now I know better! :twisted:

Still think Nico needs to just come out and hook up with Karolina. Just reminds me of some of the gay guys I know who dated lots of girls to try and prove how straight they were so nobody would realize they were actually gay. If Nico was just a lost little girl flailing for affection, she would have latched on to Karolina when the opportunity presented itself because Karolina was offering what she's looking for, girlparts aside.

I think Nico's either lesbian or bisexual and just isn't as comfortable with it as Karolina is, hence throwing herself at anything with a penis and a pulse (and that last one isn't a necessary quality).

Last edited:

jtg3885 said:
Oh, I have a 30" tall poster of Nico, Karolina, Cassie, and Kate Bishop on the back of my door right now. It's hawt. Personally, I didn't think Cassie was that flexible... but now I know better! :twisted:

I seem to remember Cassie being about 14 in Young Avengers.

TheManWithoutFear said:
No, Nico doesn't have to come out because she's not a lesbian.
But you don't deny she could be bisexual? o_O
Fuzzy Birds said:
I seem to remember Cassie being about 14 in Young Avengers.
*shrugs* It's not hard to age her up for art. Draw the eyes a tiny bit closer to the brow line, a slight adjustment of other facial proportions that change as one moves through their teenage years, and a few more curves. :D

Last edited:

jtg3885 said:
But you don't deny she could be bisexual? o_O*shrugs* It's not hard to age her up for art. Draw the eyes a tiny bit closer to the brow line, a slight adjustment of other facial proportions that change as one moves through their teenage years, and a few more curves. :D

Right. That sounds healthy.

Latest posts

Back