Runaways Vol. 2 #1-24 (Brian K. Vaughan/Adrian Alphona) (spoilers)

Re: Runaways series discussion (spoilers)

"Runaways" colorist Christina Strain
175_7534.jpg

:drooling:

:heybaby:

Last edited:

"Runaways" colorist Christina Strain
175_7534.jpg

:heybaby:

Several very illegal and immoral things just passed through my brain...

mmmm...comicbook colorist...

Easy does it. Lets not give anyone the ability to turn this into a Bendis Board thread.

Not really. It was what it was. A recap of BKV's run told thru Molly's eyes.

It wasn't bad....but it wasn't anything new or great either.

Yeah, but it didn't "sound" like Molly at all. And the four new pages started okay, but the end was terrible. Wah wah whatever.

I don't regret buying it or anything, but I doubt I'll read anything but the four pages again. And why no mention of the Free Comic Book Day story?

Yeah, but it didn't "sound" like Molly at all. And the four new pages started okay, but the end was terrible. Wah wah whatever.

I don't regret buying it or anything, but I doubt I'll read anything but the four pages again. And why no mention of the Free Comic Book Day story?

Why didn't they just make this the Free Comic Book Day story? That way, new readers don't have to plunk down 4 bucks to decide if they want to get back in to Runaways. It's not like the issue had anything new in it.

Another thing that bothered me about it is that they wrote off the whole Iron Man confrontation. "Oh, we ran away from that."

Pfft. WhatEVER. I wanted to see what happened!

The biggest Runaways fan, Mindy, co-wrote Runaways Saga. I have a feeling she might be taking over the regular series after Whedon... :?

The biggest Runaways fan, Mindy, co-wrote Runaways Saga. I have a feeling she might be taking over the regular series after Whedon... :?

I doubt Marvel would hire an unknown. Isn't this her only writing credit?
Then again...*shrug*

I doubt Marvel would hire an unknown. Isn't this her only writing credit?
Then again...*shrug*

It is. And it was...meh-city.

I wanted to like it, but it's really just meh after Vaughan goodness and right before Whedon goodness...it just didn't work.

I'm happy she got a writing gig, but giving Runaways to an unknown....that will kill the series, it's still sort of new and it has a loyal fanbase, but it's not a big fanbase.

I want Runaways to live longer than a year or so more after Vaughan leaves.

It would be a stupid move, if they give her a title, give her a meh title that always sales....you know X-Men.

:D

Although, I'm sure they didn't give her much room to work with. I don't understand why this book was published. We live in a world where trades are cheaper and easier to find than the actual back-issues. A recap....seems pointless.

Why not print up a cool cover and have a two page splash as the whole comic. The comic would show Gert looking a bit pissed at the reader and saying, "You want a recap? Go wiki Runaways, you idiot!"

Runaways Saga suuucked. It's a waste of hard drive space. I'm going to be deleting it now. I mean um...returning it to the store.

Latest posts

Back