Runaways Vol. 2 #1-24 (Brian K. Vaughan/Adrian Alphona) (spoilers)

Re: Runaways series discussion (spoilers)

Nope. Jeph Loeb will be writing it. Marvel's actually firing all of their writers except Loeb and Bendis. They're actually going to rename the company to Bend-Lo Comics.

And every character will be derived from werewolf monsters who fight Draculas.

If Loeb is Marvel exclusive, how's he writing Buffy?

And I ask in the most tangentially-related to Runaways way.

If Loeb is Marvel exclusive, how's he writing Buffy?

And I ask in the most tangentially-related to Runaways way.

A lot of exclusives have certain stipulations. Most writers are free to work on personal IP's that were started before the exclusivity contract, and many are able to work on any personal IP, regardless of when it started, as long as it doesn't get in the way of their work for the main company. Sometimes a set number of issues or projects is allowed for smaller companies. Sometimes any non-exclusive work just has to be approved by the editor.

With the big names, I think a lot of the times the company won't care about outside work as long as it doesn't affect the writer's output for their company, and as long as they don't lose the writer to the big competition (either Marvel or DC). I think a lot of the times, the big two are concerned about pissing off the big names.

I just stayed up to 2:30 to finish Vol. 1.

I loved it.

So fun, so unpredictable, great characters.

Can't wait to bust into Vol. 2 tomorrow.

I just stayed up to 2:30 to finish Vol. 1.

I loved it.

So fun, so unpredictable, great characters.

Can't wait to bust into Vol. 2 tomorrow.

To me, Volume 2 wasn't quite as good as the first one, but it's still ridiculously awesome. Prepare for Chase to get shafted again and again, though.

I saw another preview (can't remember where) that had two extra pages.
They're meeting Kingpin to ask him for assistance avoiding capture. He calls it a favor, they're trying to convince him that it's an investment.

Seriously? :rockon: Thats awesome. Really awesom. Whedon is starting with a bang.

Can you imagine,
them being mercs or assasins for the Kingpin?

Seriously? :rockon: Thats awesome. Really awesom. Whedon is starting with a bang.

Can you imagine,
them being mercs or assasins for the Kingpin?
Oh, man, I just got this mental image of a scared narc opening his front door and seeing Molly all dressed up like an enforcer with brass knuckles and a leather jacket... :lol:

But the Runaways are all about not being evil. I think this is just a setup to lead to the Return Of Pusher Man. So good, it requires extraneous capitalization.

Oh, man, I just got this mental image of a scared narc opening his front door and seeing Molly all dressed up like an enforcer with brass knuckles and a leather jacket... :lol:

But the Runaways are all about not being evil. I think this is just a setup to lead to the Return Of Pusher Man. So good, it requires extraneous capitalization.

IT'S THE RETURN OF F****ING PUSHER MAN!!!!

Like that, right?

Great, now I gotta watch my back, 'cus Wade's gonna think I'm moving in on his teritory...

The Pusher Man's...employees are $0.02 gutter sluts. Yeah, that's what I said.

You better close up your windows and lock up your doors, not that it'll be making a difference. Pretty soon, you'll be taking a trip through the a smelly old man's wardrobe and into a dimension where those "$0.02 gutter sluts" teach people the true meaning of Heaven... but you'll be learning a harsher lesson from Pusher Man, 'cause he's gonna show you Hell.

You better close up your windows and lock up your doors, not that it'll be making a difference. Pretty soon, you'll be taking a trip through the a smelly old man's wardrobe and into a dimension where those "$0.02 gutter sluts" teach people the true meaning of Heaven... but you'll be learning a harsher lesson from Pusher Man, 'cause he's gonna show you Hell.

LOL.

I'm guessing they're like the so many virgins that Muslims experience, right?

All I have to say is "Pride" and the great ole' Pusher Man will cower.

Yeah, that's right, *****, two can play this game.

LOL.

I'm guessing they're like the so many virgins that Muslims experience, right?

All I have to say is "Pride" and the great ole' Pusher Man will cower.

Yeah, that's right, *****, two can play this game.

Pffft. (With spittle.)

You think the Pusher Man will believe you're working with the Pride? He knows better. You can't spin bull**** like Chase can. Even if you could, don't be surprised to find his girls cornering you in a back alley not too long afterwards.

And as for virgins... don't make me laugh. Pusher Man knows you need a girl with experience, who'll let you do lines of MGH off of her stomach.

Last edited:

For a thread marked spoilers it sure is dark in here. Everybody reads these things anyway. No one can resist a spoiler warning!

Latest posts

Back