Runaways Vol. 2 #1-24 (Brian K. Vaughan/Adrian Alphona) (spoilers)

Man, how do you get to interview BKV? I would like to know that!

But this was sweet. The interview had answers I read in other interviews, but it was still cool. The preview was cool, too. Love Alphona's work! :D

did anyone else feel the art on a few of these was a bit dodgy? Especially New X-men?

runaways #1 (spoliers)

from the last runaways thread i take it there are alot of runaways fans on here.

i got a few words "the future is cool..."

Agh!!!

Can you spoil me because there's no chance I can pick this up?

Please?

its hard to get, i showed up a few hours after they got the comics in and i was able to snag the last one...

the first couple of pages are on mile high http://milehighcomics.com/firstlook/marvel/runaways1/

if your an x-men fan....they have Juno (the guy with the fire mouth) he's a civillian and shows up to this "i was once a teen hero" meeting (like the AAA) it has one of the powerpack chicks, and others...

anyone else wanna add?

icemastertron said:
Unfortunately, I won't be able to read this, (and my other comics) until tomorrow... :(

when you guys get it, pay attention to the last couple of panels, and the names that are dropped, it threw me in a loop.

And this is my 2nd favorite runaway's issue, (next to Alex being killed, I love violence)

Well I'll be damned. Not even people in the comics like Wonder-Man! They keep dissin' him!

"Except for Wonder Man...but he don't count."

:lol:

nigma said:
And this is my 2nd favorite runaway's issue, (next to Alex being killed, I love violence)

:D

By the way, I read the preview pages but I won't get the issue till I get back to Oz. Just after christmas.

So guess who shows up in this issue?

Remember Phil Urich? Yeah, he's in here. And so is "Richochet". Oh, the girl "Julie Power" from Power Pack is here too. Damn, she sure grew up! :heybaby:

Also, there's Chris Powell who was "Darkhawk". Haven't heard of him. But anyways, Phil Urich is here with 'Michiko Musashi', leadinga 'supporting group' of teens who used to be heroes. Oh and Chamber is here as well. These are the EXCELSIOR hereos, btw. ;)

icemastertron said:
Remember Phil Urich? Yeah, he's in here. And so is "Richochet". Oh, the girl "Julie Power" from Power Pack is here too. Damn, she sure grew up! :heybaby:

That is the sleaziest emoticon. Its even called "Hey Baby".

all that therapy did her some good ;)

the question I got is, how does a band geek with an overprotective mother become the most evil and powerful person in the future?

And I think that Karolina's gonn'a die soon…

nigma said:
Same here.

nigma said:
when you guys get it, pay attention to the last couple of panels, and the names that are dropped, it threw me in a loop.
Oh what a loop it was!

This is what went down:

The future Gertrude, came back to warn the Runaways, and tells the present Gertrude that she'll be leading the Avengersin about twenty years. As Molly asked if Gertrude was gonna be a 'super-hero', the future Gertrude says that she will be betrayed by someone on the team that she was stupid enought to put in. And that she (the future Gertrude) barely escaped, since the betrayer had slaughtered the Avengers. She said that the betrayer took the files and killed the others. The others being:

Hisako and the X-Men

Daredevil (GASP! What will MWF say?! :shock:)

The Fantastic FOURTEEN!

And every hero on the planet.

He became the most powerful man on the planet. Iron Woman sacrafied her life to help. So who is he? He's Victor Mancha. Yes, the very boy who has a super villain dad now, in 2005. This volume of Runaways will outdo the last one, by a longshot.

Latest posts

Back